GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
You should create another topic to discuss this, perhaps This Random Sound would be more fitting? I just don't see how this would be related to BoC/HI.

Eagle Minded
I like the thinking of a post a few back regarding how BoC would likely be Q1 2021 at the earliest with Autechre album coming out soon. This little trickle of official activity on social media wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for getting engagement leading up to...something, but just not yet.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
drixlin wrote:I like the thinking of a post a few back regarding how BoC would likely be Q1 2021 at the earliest with Autechre album coming out soon. This little trickle of official activity on social media wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for getting engagement leading up to...something, but just not yet.

Agreed, as many here have said it's just not smart from a business perspective to have your two biggest names putting out records at a similar time. The only thing that goes against this is Exai and Tomorrows Harvest, which were released only 4 months apart. I'm not too confident that will happen again tho. Hoping for 2020, but reality atm is looking a lot like 2021 or beyond.
no information at this moment in time

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm really excited for the Autechre release! BoC can will should wait until we've all had time to clean our pallette with Ae abstractness. I think after that we'll finally be ready. Ae is the boss at the end of the dungeon. BoC shall be our treasure for surviving it.

Eagle Minded
dp wrote:I'm really excited for the Autechre release! BoC can will should wait until we've all had time to clean our pallette with Ae abstractness. I think after that we'll finally be ready. Ae is the boss at the end of the dungeon. BoC shall be our treasure for surviving it.

I like this analogy

Friendly Stranger
PerniciousKnid wrote:Y’all may enjoy this - but I think one person in here is going to enjoy it a whole lot more than the rest.

Catherine Fell - Geogandhi
Soul Flask - Sl Flk
Bigjimmy12- ??? Mystery person in here...

Bigjimmy12 turned into Bigjesse13 at the comment of “cringe”. (A popular comment as of late).

Now Bigjesse13 turned into Bigdimitri18 at the comment of “confirm”. (Another popular comment for Geo/C Fell/LATP).

Bigjimmy12 used “confirm” comment on the C Fell hoax to get his gig started...

08/06/2017 - Bigjimmy12 Joined YT.
08/25/2020 - Bigjimmy12 closes account.

09/08/2020 - bigjesse13 appears and posts “unknown” then a second video using the Bigjimmy12 “jellyfish” image.

09/11/2020 - bigdimitri18 appears with a “confirm” comment and posts “fretless” on the same day. Funny enough the video photo is the “clap” emoji used in IG and recently used by BoC - lol

Bigdimitri18 joined YT on 09/21/2015.

(I hinted at Bigjohnny14 next *but it was already taken*)...so sad... I was liking the “J” theme...

Bigjesse13- https://youtu.be/jXHeUvr1iXk
Bigdimitri18 - https://youtu.be/-u7l91LEVMo

Show me you love me and do “BigJeremy19” next ;)

Anybody got any thoughts!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About the bigdimitri post, I have always thought of Julie and Candy when I listened to the bass in that glamrocky song from Societas X and was sure that was the reason they put it on the tape. When I listened again to the song I heard a hi pitched bass note repeated in one segment of the song and I can hear something very similar in the live recording of Julie and Candy. Maybe sampled and modulated in some way.

Sherbet Head
dp wrote:I'm really excited for the Autechre release! BoC can will should wait until we've all had time to clean our pallette with Ae abstractness. I think after that we'll finally be ready. Ae is the boss at the end of the dungeon. BoC shall be our treasure for surviving it.

Yes, i'm excited too! i know Ae's music, especially of late is kinda generative so it's easier to pump out than BoC's laboured style but just think about the amount of material ae have given us since Exai/TH. Mindblowing. Aphex and Plaid have twatted out decent amounts too. We're lucky these old dogs are still doing interesting things.
You could feel the bullshit

Posts Quantity
Roswell wrote:
drixlin wrote:I like the thinking of a post a few back regarding how BoC would likely be Q1 2021 at the earliest with Autechre album coming out soon. This little trickle of official activity on social media wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for getting engagement leading up to...something, but just not yet.

Agreed, as many here have said it's just not smart from a business perspective to have your two biggest names putting out records at a similar time. The only thing that goes against this is Exai and Tomorrows Harvest, which were released only 4 months apart. I'm not too confident that will happen again tho. Hoping for 2020, but reality atm is looking a lot like 2021 or beyond.

Pretty sure Aphex Twin is the biggest name on Warp.

Eagle Minded
What if BoC have planned to only ever release 6 albums in total?

When we think about the image of the hexagon and what it represents to BoC, maybe they have their whole musical career planned out? It would mean we have 2 more albums to go, spacing them decades apart is probably a good thing if that was the case. This is pure speculation, but something about this theory makes me feel good.

(This theory is also what the banner in my signature represents)

Posts Quantity
demo wrote:What if BoC have planned to only ever release 6 albums in total?

When we think about the image of the hexagon and what it represents to BoC, maybe they have their whole musical career planned out? It would mean we have 2 more albums to go, spacing them decades apart is probably a good thing if that was the case. This is pure speculation, but something about this theory makes me feel good.

(This theory is also what the banner in my signature represents)

While six and the hexagon are definitely relevant, I’m pretty sure their magic number is 5. 23 is significant for the band, (2+3=5) and at the end of Aquarius version 3 the number 23 is stated five times in a row. Not that a 6th album would be something to sneeze at, but their contract with Warp is for five LPs, so this theme of five seems pretty well thought-out.

Some dorky stuff on the number 5:

If you try to find the meaning of number 5, you will see that this number is a symbol of positive changes that are about to happen in your life.

It is also the number of sensual experiences and we should always have in mind that we have 5 senses. We have 5 toes and 5 fingers.

Another secret meaning of number 5 is balance. It means that you should try to keep balance in all areas of your life. It particularly means that you should have balance between your spiritual and physical world. It is necessary to live in harmony with nature and to be grateful for all things in your life.

There are also many significant references to 5 in the Bible. According to the Bible, there are 5 big mysteries in this world, which are represented as the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, the Creation and the Redemption.

Sherbet Head
You can do that with any number though. You can project any theory onto BoC but as some of their interviews state, they are just having a laugh with numbers. The last quote someone posted about magic window/666 on geogaddi not even being their idea, they just ran with it. While they hide some meaning in their music intentionally, there must be loads of stuff that is unintentional, happy coincidence and things we attach as fans to their intention which just builds up their mystique even more. We have built their image as much as they have, building the lore of BoC.
That's not to discredit anything you just said, I think it's great and it's really fun to do, and i'm sure they are pretty stoked and freaked in equal measure by how things have turned out for them.
The best thing about BoC is that the music have longevity, I'll never get bored of it, it will never sound of a time, I just want some more.

Boqurant
anyway, just wanna say that fake boc tracks were way better during the tomorrow's harvest ARG

phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
That actually is quite nice and slightly more convincing than most recent stuff

Sherbet Head
broke wrote:anyway, just wanna say that fake boc tracks were way better during the tomorrow's harvest ARG

phpBB [media]

Dude, don't tiptoe around, call me a wanker, make yourself feel cool and move on, I won't be offended ;)

Credit where credit is due, at least Geoghandi had the guts to hold up hands and admit/apologise.

There are others that could learn a thing or two from that.

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Cheers man but i'd never apologise for doing it, I know I did say sorry in jest. It was fun and no intention of making a legit fake and I didn't waste my own music or integrity, I mean, listen to it was meant to be shite. But yeah, I did have a few crisis of morality along the way because some people got into it but surprisingly I got less hate than I thought i would have.
I really don't mind though, if any of it offended you, please just call me out on it, it's all good. Although, it seems I might be protesting too much ha.
Anyway, I need to finish this Ae fake off asap.

Posts Quantity
Definition of coincidence
1 : the act or condition of coinciding.
2 : the occurrence of events that happen at the same time by accident but seem to have some connection.

Posts Quantity
flyinthepool wrote:
About the bigdimitri post, I have always thought of Julie and Candy when I listened to the bass in that glamrocky song from Societas X and was sure that was the reason they put it on the tape. When I listened again to the song I heard a hi pitched bass note repeated in one segment of the song and I can hear something very similar in the live recording of Julie and Candy. Maybe sampled and modulated in some way.

Was this your comment flyinthepool?

Eagle Minded
koroviev wrote:
Roswell wrote:

Pretty sure Aphex Twin is the biggest name on Warp.

definitely, don't know how he slipped my mind...
no information at this moment in time

Friendly Stranger
PerniciousKnid wrote:
flyinthepool wrote:

Was this your comment flyinthepool?

Nope, I discovered it from your post. But I was happy to hear it and get it confirmed that the connection between those songs was not only in my head. I havnt listened to Societas X for a while now but I think there was one or two other songs where I felt that it was like a hint towards BoC songs. That song is still unconfirmed of whos behind it right? In a BoC context Julian makes me think of Julian Cope. I havnt really listened to his music but it doesnt sound like something he would be involved in, does it?
Last edited by flyinthepool on Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada