GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Knifeyspooney wrote:
drixlin wrote:
northernlite wrote:this might not make any sense to non-americans, but as a upstanding BoCitizen, this is how I feel about participating in this hype train ... :lol:

phpBB [media]

Your fine during times like this are 10's of pages of content to sift through if you're away too long! :mrgreen:

One of many cases on how this form needs to evolve to a new platform. It can't keep up with the volume of conversations happening simultaneously.
Of these almost 800 pages, I wonder how many are repeats of previous conversations?

Unrelated, but someone was asking about an audio only version of todays video post.
You should be able to listen to it here:
http://bit.ly/HFTGLextended

If you like fast paced discussions we have the Discord chat. but don't go after midnight, we get silly. :mrgreen:
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
The fact that the video posted was heard from the telegraph lines and the fact that the twitter account was pretty much “reset” (besides profile pic and bio) shows that someone is watching us. The video could be a coincidence, but not the insta account. Either someone from Warp or BoC saw us talking about it, and they went to go compromise the account, or someone didn’t like us looking too closely.
no information at this moment in time

Posts Quantity
Sherbet Head wrote:
mthrndr wrote:By the way, my Sheol Boundary subscription had a blue dot this morning - with no new content. Is it just me or does this "blue dot appearing for seemingly no reason" only happen on BoC-affiliated youtube pages? I've not seen this happen on any of my other subscriptions without new content.

lol don't trust the dots. We've already established it's a YT bug, but of course it's so easy to lose track of info like this.
I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss and call it a bug. The blue and red dots are accurate for all of my other subscriptions.

I’m fairly confident there is new activity when a blue dot appears, the new content may be set to private or unlisted with a preset “air” date.

The blue dots under the subscribed channels on are the notifications that the channel has done some activity which you haven't checked yet.

I don’t know 100% but if it is a bug, that’s a big damn bug for all of YouTube. The blue dot means new videos on YouTube, new videos = users on the platform / ad revenue for YT. I wouldn’t think a corporation would let a bug interfere with profit taking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boqurant
If you like fast paced discussions we have the Discord chat. but don't go after midnight, we get silly. :mrgreen:

if you can pm me an invite that'd be neat
Image ImageImage

Sherbet Head
oliveoil22 wrote:

if you can pm me an invite that'd be neat

https://discord.gg/FVV6ARZN
Suck my BUTT

Dayvan Cowboy
In response to all the "wife thinks I'm crazy" posts, I'll raise you one and say, "my gf think I'm crazy" :lol:

I remember when there was first a lot of twitter activity and I told her and she said, "their bunker finally got wi-fi."
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
my nonexistent gf/bf would probably think i'm crazy right now
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Eagle Minded
My sleep paralysis demon with Mike's face thinks I'm alright
yes, i would love to be free!

Friendly Stranger
Sherbet Head wrote:
mthrndr wrote:By the way, my Sheol Boundary subscription had a blue dot this morning - with no new content. Is it just me or does this "blue dot appearing for seemingly no reason" only happen on BoC-affiliated youtube pages? I've not seen this happen on any of my other subscriptions without new content.

lol don't trust the dots. We've already established it's a YT bug, but of course it's so easy to lose track of info like this.

I have a theory on these mystery blue dots:

Both Sheol Boundary and AtalantaFugiens have the "Discussion" section available on their channel, and I noticed Sheol having the blue dot appear for me after some folks commented on the discussion board yesterday.

I'm going to do a quick post on both with "Testing blue dot theory", would be swell if someone confirmed if the blue dot appears or not.
"The only real way to see is to trip so hard that you imagine your place in the real world, then open your eyes and see if your right"

Eagle Minded
Good idea for a test! Unfortunately I don't see any blue dots.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Posts Quantity
SamuraiDrifter wrote:I'm just saying in a general sense, doubting an account is legitimate because he follows a game streamer makes no sense to me.

Fair point. It was mostly because of this:
Roswell wrote:[...] its not just a "game streamer" but seems as if it's targeted more towards children/teens.

Nothing wrong with that obviously.

I didn't know the account was set to private. It didn't seem like a personal profile when I started following it, it only followed the BoC insta account, Warp and PIC at first. And it could still have been a fake profile who just started following PIC and he then thought it was actually him or something. Either way, it's gone now :| (sorry Marcus)
"Boards of Canada is a unique project that got a bit out of hand."

Sherbet Head
drixlin wrote:
northernlite wrote:this might not make any sense to non-americans, but as a upstanding BoCitizen, this is how I feel about participating in this hype train ... :lol:

phpBB [media]

Your fine during times like this are 10's of pages of content to sift through if you're away too long! :mrgreen:

haha true!

Posts Quantity
EvilTexan wrote:
Sherbet Head wrote:

I have a theory on these mystery blue dots:

Both Sheol Boundary and AtalantaFugiens have the "Discussion" section available on their channel, and I noticed Sheol having the blue dot appear for me after some folks commented on the discussion board yesterday.

I'm going to do a quick post on both with "Testing blue dot theory", would be swell if someone confirmed if the blue dot appears or not.
“There could be several reasons why you are seeing a blue dot when there isn’t one. This could highly be the case if you are using the desktop version of YouTube. The desktop version uses the blue dot to notify you about new videos, new live streams, new community posts, and more whereas the mobile version only uses the blue dot to inform you about new videos. If you are seeing a blue dot but no new video, then try checking for new live streams or community posts.”

https://nerdschalk.com/youtube-blue-dot-meaning/

EvilTexan - from H-TOWN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posts Quantity
Some serious BoC vibes going on at Sufjan Steven's livestream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivpq4VD ... janStevens

Dayvan Cowboy
mthrndr wrote:Some serious BoC vibes going on at Sufjan Steven's livestream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivpq4VD ... janStevens

Well as we know, they like his John Wayne Gacy Jr. song so perhaps they're friends.
Last edited by Echelon on Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Well as we know, they like his Gacy Jr. song so perhaps they're friends.

Wait, really? Where'd they say that? Link plz :D

Eagle Minded
Bless my wife's li'l heart... she has been putting up with my obsession since 2013. She is not interested in BoC at all, but she does a good job of patronizing me when I mention their new activity. She did admit to me once that she really liked Nothing Is Real.

Dayvan Cowboy
funnnnpng wrote:
Echelon wrote:Well as we know, they like his Gacy Jr. song so perhaps they're friends.

It was in the campfire songs playlist Marcus put together in 2005. I'll go dig it up :D

Dayvan Cowboy
funnnnpng wrote:

Whoops, it was A Good Man Is Hard to Find

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Marcus_Eoin%27 ... re_Mixtape

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
funnnnpng wrote:

It was in the campfire songs playlist Marcus put together in 2005. I'll go dig it up :D

Ooh yeah that! I still haven't heard it all, I really should though

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada