GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Honestly, I think it's cool to get excited by theories or be skeptical of them :D

I think the Pioneer Plaque transmission one might actually hold water, because it's tied to something they actually did! BOC would not just drop a cool new banner for shits and giggles. The one thing we actually do know about them is that they do everything for a reason, and that's why they have one of the most carefully curated images in the IDM catalog.

As of now, I view the banner as a teaser. A "coming soon" if you will.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
Navaru wrote:You’re wave of negativity is lame lol, eventually an album will drop, no sense shaming everyone here for trying to find some light in these times. I’m glad you weren’t around a few months ago for Catherine, you would have been enraged. Check out watmm, they dislike speculation over there too, might be more your niche.

I was around two months ago, and for many years of similar hoaxes before that. I saw it and rolled my eyes and got on with my day, just like with this Adult Swim and "eclipse" theory. Why would you think i would be "enraged" by it? I am merely pointing out there is a difference between reasonable speculation and completely irrational leaps of logic.

Sherbet Head
northernlite wrote:this thread is starting to sound like a family trapped inside together for 9 months due to a pandemic.... oh wait

:D

Sherbet Head
Navaru wrote:You’re wave of negativity is lame lol, eventually an album will drop, no sense shaming everyone here for trying to find some light in these times. I’m glad you weren’t around a few months ago for Catherine, you would have been enraged. Check out watmm, they dislike speculation over there too, might be more your niche.

Also, this is hilarious coming from someone who has had an account for 8 months.

Eagle Minded
Sorry for getting feisty. And yes I’m new here so you’ve been through this rodeo. Suppose all we can do is wait.

Dayvan Cowboy
Realistically, I think BoC's activity on Twitter and Instagram recently is a sign a release is coming fairly soon. They've retweeted videos and liked comments in the past, but it's only within the last few months they've started frequently liking comments referencing new music.

My prediction is that there will be no lead-up ARG and it'll be dropped with little to no warning on an otherwise insignificant date.

Sherbet Head
Echelon wrote:Honestly, I think it's cool to get excited by theories or be skeptical of them :D

I think the Pioneer Plaque transmission one might actually hold water, because it's tied to something they actually did! BOC would not just drop a cool new banner for shits and giggles. The one thing we actually do know about them is that they do everything for a reason, and that's why they have one of the most carefully curated images in the IDM catalog.

As of now, I view the banner as a teaser. A "coming soon" if you will.

Yeah, I think the real stuff worth focusing on is the Pioneer plaque banner and Societas X considering that those are as direct of a transmission as we've gotten (and probably will get) for quite some time. Honestly, if one of the as-of-yet unidentified Societas tracks ends up being something from the next album I'll be laughing my ass off but also I think it wouldn't be entirely out-of-character for BoC to do something like that.

Though if I may join in on the straw-grasping for a moment, if they did release something at the start of the age of aquarius then that would tie back to the Aquarius samples in the slave to the rhythm remix that they played :P
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Sherbet Head
Navaru wrote:Sorry for getting feisty. And yes I’m new here so you’ve been through this rodeo. Suppose all we can do is wait.

Don't sweat it. Welcome, and remember the number 1 BoC fan rule : never get your hopes up. :]

Posts Quantity
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/En_SL1GXcAE ... ame=medium

Looks like the warp “earth” artwork has been updated today, building on the warp 30 box set art and the beatink winter campaign artwork. Anyone else remember this or have theories on what it could mean? I think a lot of us are feeling some anticipation because so many warp artists have released something new since warp 30, so it’s good to see something new on this front!

Posted on warp twitter today: https://twitter.com/warprecords/status/ ... 73762?s=21

Eagle Minded
The Jan 22nd theory is still my favourite, I'm most likely not going to get swept up in any other theory until then. I'll wait for Jan 22nd, but I'm not holding my breath, if nothing happens then I'll just carry on.

Dayvan Cowboy
writetomhatcher wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/En_SL1GXcAEfb0e?format=jpg&name=medium

Looks like the warp “earth” artwork has been updated today, building on the warp 30 box set art and the beatink winter campaign artwork. Anyone else remember this or have theories on what it could mean? I think a lot of us are feeling some anticipation because so many warp artists have released something new since warp 30, so it’s good to see something new on this front!

Posted on warp twitter today: https://twitter.com/warprecords/status/ ... 73762?s=21

I have a feeling something is around the corner with Warp. Might not be BOC per se, but it very might be. As I've said before, only BOC and Aphex haven't released something in 2019-2020. Don't know how long you're allowed to idle on their roster without releasing anything. And they are on the top of Warp's roster.

Eagle Minded
writetomhatcher wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/En_SL1GXcAEfb0e?format=jpg&name=medium

Turn that smile upside-down?

Eagle Minded
Radiobuzz wrote:

Turn that smile upside-down?

Nice!

Also the colour... roygbiv?

Eagle Minded
SamuraiDrifter wrote:My prediction is that there will be no lead-up ARG and it'll be dropped with little to no warning on an otherwise insignificant date.

Exactly. Everyone is expecting another Tomorrow's Harvest trail or something even more grand and complex - they won't do what everyone expects them to do, they will deliberately not do that.

Eagle Minded
I wish I could thumbs-up the last 6 comments. Especially the "ROYGBIV" one. I can't tell if y'all are suffering from wishful thinking or you are just incredibly perceptive. Either way, well done and carry on.

Friendly Stranger
The ROYGBIV one made my day,

Hopes up!

Dayvan Cowboy
Davism wrote:I wish I could thumbs-up the last 6 comments. Especially the "ROYGBIV" one. I can't tell if y'all are suffering from wishful thinking or you are just incredibly perceptive. Either way, well done and carry on.

Yeah I'm skeptical if it means anything, especially related to BOC. But since they uploaded a new image, they're probably moving to another phase of their campaign.

The smile and ROYGBIV are great, but as we saw with ?????? thing, it was purely coincidental.

That said, I'm going to hope this new phase involves BOC.

Posts Quantity
OK, so this seems to be a development--or has this always been here? Scroll down to see the Schedule for their campaign, which ends "February 2021" -- https://www.beatink.com/products/detail ... 4375b80eda

I have trouble with the English version of beatink, so I just used Google Translate (emphasis my own):

WARP RECORDS CAMPAIGN 2020

Date: October 16, 2020 (Friday) -End of February 2021

Products subject to stickers [has anyone ordered these, or are we waiting on this?]
Released on October 16: Autechre --SIGN * Domestic Edition
Released on October 30: Oneohtrix Point Never --Magic Oneohtrix Point Never * Domestic Edition
Released on December 4: Polygon Window --Surfing On Sine Waves [Complete Edition] * Domestic Edition
?? Month ?? Day Release: ?????-?????

Products subject to desk calendar [is this translation correct? I want one]
Now on sale: Squarepusher --Be Up A Hello * Domestic Edition
Now on sale: Squarepusher --Lamental EP * Domestic Edition
Now on sale: Yves Tumor --Heaven To A Tortured Mind * Domestic Edition
Now on sale: Lorenzo Senni --Scacco Matto * Domestic Edition
Now on sale: Darkstar --Civic Jams * Domestic Edition
Released on October 16: Autechre --SIGN * All forms (digital not applicable)
Released on October 30: Oneohtrix Point Never --Magic Oneohtrix Point Never * All forms (digital not applicable)
Released on December 4: Polygon Window --Surfing On Sine Waves [Complete Edition] * Domestic Edition
?? Month ?? Day Release: ?????-?????

So there you have it: the ?????s are back! At least one more mystery release coming from Warp before Feb 2021. Has anyone seen this before? And is anyone able to confirm the translation?

EDIT: Part of the website has been updated since the empty ??? box, which was for Autechre PLUS. This new schedule doesn't include PLUS, and it seems to indicate the ????? is coming after December 4th (so not PLUS). What are you thoughts on this?

Dayvan Cowboy
Those ?? could be for Plus. Especially the section for the stickers.

I think the best news on here is that this campaign goes to February 2021 which would include January 2021 where we've been speculating a new BOC release might come out.

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:Those ?? could be for Plus. Especially the section for the stickers.

I think the best news on here is that this campaign goes to February 2021 which would include January 2021 where we've been speculating a new BOC release might come out.

I'm more and more inclined to agree with you, esp. considering I found this on the Polygon Window press release, which is from early October. But it's worth pointing out that the amount of ?s for this is actually different than it was when we were still trying to guess with the fourth box would be.

If campaign 1 is "stickers" and campaign 2 is the "roygbiv calendar" (both images shown above the respective campaign here: https://www.beatink.com/user_data/warp2020.php), I wonder if they will add a third campaign--or could the end of Feb 2021 really just be the deadline to send in your proof of purchase to get the stickers and calendars? I saw an Autechre fan posted their Japanese SIGN that came with a sticker, so I'm hoping someone who has bought the recent Japanese releases can chime in here.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada