GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:
Echelon wrote:Ironically, referencing the raddest 2000s show on Nickelodeon is on topic since Devo did the theme song :D A shame the Rocket Power theme song didn't make Societas X Tape with the Mark Mothersbaugh writing credit :P

Ummm... It was like actually written by The Wipeouters. I thought this was Twoism, not SHOOBism 8)

I can't. There are no words XD This exchange had to happen at some point on Twoism and I'm happy it happened today haha

Micus so need to form a rad surf band with the spuds
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:
rodox_head wrote:
Echelon wrote:Ironically, referencing the raddest 2000s show on Nickelodeon is on topic since Devo did the theme song :D A shame the Rocket Power theme song didn't make Societas X Tape with the Mark Mothersbaugh writing credit :P

Ummm... It was like actually written by The Wipeouters. I thought this was Twoism, not SHOOBism 8)

I can't. There are no words XD This exchange had to happen at some point on Twoism and I'm happy it happened today haha

Micus so need to form a rad surf band with the spuds

You two!
I really need to sharpen up my reference skills.

Even though the first five years of my life were spent from 05-10, I didn't watch much Nickelodeon. At best it was Arthur the aardvark on cbbc. :roll:

Eagle Minded
We ain’t had no money for fancy TV. Recess and Arthur or bust.

Warp announced a new full length! Alas not by BoC.
https://www.clashmusic.com/news/wu-lu-a ... loggerhead

Guess we need to add at least another two months to our collective waiting list.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:Warp announced a new full length! Alas not by BoC.
https://www.clashmusic.com/news/wu-lu-a ... loggerhead

Guess we need to add at least another two months to our collective waiting list.

A shame. I finally thought it was our turn on the helter skelter! But it seems once again the drought continues :/

Dayvan Cowboy
I wouldn't discard Stargate_zine as a puff piece before it's published just yet, because it's anyone's guess the way Warp's release wind blows. :wink:

Friendly Stranger
the BOC twitter liked two new "give us a sign" tweets. i feel like the amount of liked sign tweets are way more than usual... i feel smth.

Eagle Minded
Clearly this new warp release is a fake to ruse us and once it releases we'll see that its actually boards of canada. Wu-Lu is a paid actor.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Friendly Stranger
Biznasty wrote:Clearly this new warp release is a fake to ruse us and once it releases we'll see that its actually boards of canada. Wu-Lu is a paid actor.

definitely

Eagle Minded
preparation for a dive.

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:I wouldn't discard Stargate_zine as a puff piece before it's published just yet, because it's anyone's guess the way Warp's release wind blows. :wink:

I guess that's true. It's not Wu-Lu with the way-cool zine feature but BOC! Now let's simply hope the zine actually happens in case they give away new copies of their latest album with it.

Posts Quantity
Maybe we should ask Warp to go all marvel and make their artists add a secret track 10 minutes after the end of each release, just 10 seconds of their next warp release, then wed have something to speculate about

Eagle Minded
Feel sort of deflated atm. Thinking the Stargate is nothing. Anyone know when in the month they typically drop?

Friendly Stranger
Helios wrote:Feel sort of deflated atm. Thinking the Stargate is nothing. Anyone know when in the month they typically drop?

There's no real pattern. According to their Instagram:
Issue 1 - Friday 5th March '21
Issue 2 - Tuesday 21st December '21

The 2nd issue was originally announced for May '21, then delayed a few times.

Eagle Minded
Kend_Wire wrote:
Helios wrote:Feel sort of deflated atm. Thinking the Stargate is nothing. Anyone know when in the month they typically drop?

There's no real pattern. According to their Instagram:
Issue 1 - Friday 5th March '21
Issue 2 - Tuesday 21st December '21

The 2nd issue was originally announced for May '21, then delayed a few times.

It’s that infrequent?!

Dayvan Cowboy
Haha Stargate picked the wrong band to feature since we're all gonna hold em to May. I actually hope if this is BOC themselves endorsing it though, that they want the magazine to come out in May and not get delayed. I guess we'll see

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:Haha Stargate picked the wrong band to feature since we're all gonna hold em to May. I actually hope if this is BOC themselves endorsing it though, that they want the magazine to come out in May and not get delayed. I guess we'll see

I do not think BOC has much clout when it comes to that. The interview is done, that's it, whatever happens happens, same thing with the record, for all we know it is in the can for a year or more, they don't care about the issues of global provisioning, or the WARP executives plan or anything really... even if they pushed with all their might, what would it change? In the end, they're BOC, not say Celine Dion and THAT is a good thing.

So I am not holding My breath for either Stargate Magazine nor a new album any time soon. Life goes on...
Last edited by Magrathea on Thu May 05, 2022 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Echelon wrote:Haha Stargate picked the wrong band to feature since we're all gonna hold em to May. I actually hope if this is BOC themselves endorsing it though, that they want the magazine to come out in May and not get delayed. I guess we'll see

About 25 days 3 hours 26 minutes to go.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:

About 25 days 3 hours 26 minutes to go.

Oh stop it. You'll get me excited. :lol:

It's 25 days, 3 hours and 21 minutes now. Literally squirming in my seat here.

Dayvan Cowboy
Magrathea wrote:

I do not think BOC has much clout when it comes to that. The interview is done, that's it, whatever happens happens, same thing with the record, for all we know it is in the can for a year or more, they don't care about the issues of global provisioning, or the WARP executives plan or anything really... even if they pushed with all their might, what would it change? In the end, they're BOC, not say Celine Dion and THAT is a good thing.

So I am not holding My breath for either Stargate Magazine nor a new album any time soon. Life goes on...

BOC isn't Celine Dion for one reason...they're not actually from Canada. :P

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada