GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Never trust a Stargate ;)

But hey, look at the bright side. We got a holiday coming up soon. A good reason to break out the old BOC collection if any. :D
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Honestly don’t even care about the zine after they confirmed it has nothing to do with new material. Ah, well!

Eagle Minded
Agreed, I’m over the whole zine thing.

If you told me that the bros wouldn’t have had a new album come out by now after the Raiders/HI post I’d say you were a real pessimist. I had SO MUCH HOPE after that I Feel Good post.

Eagle Minded
I truly just hope that all this time away means they have multiple projects lined up, so that we can have a consistent stream of releases from them for a while.

I want to see more than just music from them, I want to see their photography, their films, and any other kinda of art forms they partake in, I love everything BoC stands for, I want more of their art in this world.

Eagle Minded
That's what they're working on releasing VERY SOON.
Photography, videos, an intimate look into their process, their associates and co-creators, plus writings and really truly honest answers to some of their fans' biggest questions. It's their way of shedding the old kind of sneering approach to ecstatic fans and embracing the connection they've forged with us all along. Think of it like a coming of age, coming to terms with mortality and all that shit.

But there's more than that. It's like demo said, and it is true, they have quite a lot of material to give us and it has taken some time to wrap it up in a way that makes the presentation to their audience (their fans, really) feel like it needs to be - an embrace or that scene at the end of Life Aquatic, where you fucking cry because of the happy sadness and catharsis.

Then there's the new mix of Aquarius version 6.7, a MASSIVE collection of remixes, which they've been fascinated with for the past few years, and loads of material they've made with/for musicians that we never knew about. Not Beck, but people like Bjork and some other big-timers. We'll find out that they are actually a massive contributing force to the alt-music scene, the behind-the-scenes goto guys that have actually been shaping the music we all like for years.

I believe there are also some collectibles. There's a model airplane, a 747 I think, and some sort of vintage car, like an 84 Pontiac or a Trans-Am or something. Then a few cute little bracelets and stuff.

It's like an Easter basket for kids or a Good Friday type of thing.

They completely knock down the whole Old Tunes, Random whatever track tapes and commit to the world from their vault a collection, or scrapbook, of decades of work, in chronological order, with the origins of all their completed works, several things that ended up as side projects for other musicians, and so on. Like a "Greatest Hits that you never knew were made" that weighs 8 pounds when you drop it on the table after buying it at the record store.

And don't forget the fucking Pioneer Plaque stamped into a new vinyl release of Music Has the Right to Children or Campfire Headphase. I don't remember which one. But it was the one that seemed more turquoise because of that dude holding the hexagon on the plaque.

There are several other albums that will trickle out pretty fast along with all this.

And it should be coming in days.

I think they even show us that we've been mixing their names up this entire time.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Eagle Minded
Sky and Trails wrote:I think they even show us that we've been mixing their names up this entire time.

He's right, actually... Their names are actually Rob Booth and Sean Brown...
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Boqurant
phpBB [media]

Soon...

Dayvan Cowboy
belchmaster wrote:
phpBB [media]

Soon...

The title of this is legitimately the kind of weather/area I picture when I hear BOC. Mysterious misty woods.

There is a woodland area in Mother 3 with these tall pines where a futuristic tunnel cuts through it. That also makes me think of BOC too. A forest on the edge of your memory somewhere between life and death.

I really do hope it's coming soon simply because I don't get these kinds of feelings from any other band/artist. BOC seem to know how to reach areas in my brain that no other artist can.

If they dropped something nice soon I would be endlessly thankful. I hope you all are right :)

Posts Quantity
demo wrote:I truly just hope that all this time away means they have multiple projects lined up, so that we can have a consistent stream of releases from them for a while.

I want to see more than just music from them, I want to see their photography, their films, and any other kinda of art forms they partake in, I love everything BoC stands for, I want more of their art in this world.

The Bros are most likely working on other projects, not side projects. It is likely that BoC has now become their side project, at least for a few years.
However, I don't think we will ever see the other things they are working on because that would be breaking the boundaries of their public persona vs private lives.

As I wrote a few years ago, their lives seem to be centered on something that is not BoC at this time. They are not like other artists, who focus their career on the project that gave them success. BoC might just be The Bros' plan B.

Dayvan Cowboy
The Spaniard wrote:
demo wrote:I truly just hope that all this time away means they have multiple projects lined up, so that we can have a consistent stream of releases from them for a while.

The Bros are most likely working on other projects, not side projects. It is likely that BoC has now become their side project, at least for a few years.
However, I don't think we will ever see the other things they are working on because that would be breaking the boundaries of their public persona vs private lives.

As I wrote a few years ago, their lives seem to be centered on something that is not BoC at this time. They are not like other artists, who focus their career on the project that gave them success. BoC might just be The Bros' plan B.

I was checking out the Scottish indie scene to see if I could find any ghost producers but I came up empty. I'm sure that music is out there somewhere but BOC are quite good at smoke screening it

That said, they've already confirmed the new album multiple times on Twitter. I like to think of the BOC project as something completely free from commercial restraints and to do that they have to raise the cash elsewhere. They're perfectionists and want their catalog perfectly sculpted so I'm sure the other musical work they do feeds it.

Eagle Minded
I think they should play with some sort of marbled wax on the release. Like turquoise mixed with something beige or taupe. I don't know.

I think speculating is exhausting now. I used to love it but man, I don't know anymore.

Either way, they're going to be releasing that new thing pretty soon.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Sky and Trails wrote:Either way, they're going to be releasing that new thing pretty soon.
I respect your daily manifestations. They’ve become a staple so please keep it up. :idea:

New Seed
Only 17 pages to go until the new album is released.

Happy Cycler
Oh I bet it's...it's gonna happen, it's gonna...it's gonna happen N- okay, no...it'll happen...NOW...or, probably...probably right about...
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Eagle Minded
Jonse wrote: right about...

now. the funk soul brother check it out now. the funk soul brother right about now. the funk soul brother check it out now. the funk soul brother right about now. the funk soul brother check it out now. the funk soul brother right about now. the funk soul brother check it out now. the funk soul brother right about now. the funk soul brother check it out now. the funk soul brother right about now. the funk soul brother check it out now. the funk soul brother right about now. the funk soul brother check it out now. the funk soul brother right about now. the funk soul brother check it out now. the funk soul brother right about now. the funk soul brother check it out now. the funk soul brother right about now. the funk soul brother check it out now. the funk soul brother right about now. the funk soul brother check it ou
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:

now. the funk soul brother check it ou

outer space
To find another race
I'm gon' send him to outer space
To find another race
To find another race
To find another race
To find another race
To find another race
To find another race
To find another race

I'll take your brain to another dimension, pay close...

Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Biznasty wrote:

now. the funk soul brother check it ou
pay close...

ATTENTION!

Happy Cycler
After reviewing the content in this thread, on second thought...

I've decided to take my work back underground...

Happy Cycler
Biznasty wrote:

now. the funk soul brother check it out now. the funk soul brother right about now. the funk soul brother check it out now. the funk soul brother right about now. the funk soul brother check it out now. the funk soul brother right about now. the funk soul brother check it out now. the funk soul brother right about now. the funk soul brother check it out now. the funk soul brother right about now. the funk soul brother check it out now. the funk soul brother right about now. the funk soul brother check it out now. the funk soul brother right about now. the funk soul brother check it out now. the funk soul brother right about now. the funk soul brother check it out now. the funk soul brother right about now. the funk soul brother check it out now. the funk soul brother right about now. the funk soul brother check it ou

this and also I skipped Fredd, hi Fredd

Dayvan Cowboy
Jonse wrote:After reviewing the content in this thread, on second thought...

I've decided to take my work back underground...
This thread is glowing.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada