GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
mondo swooper70 wrote:i bet the new album will come out 1 jan 2011

not.
gonna.
happen.

Posts Quantity
------
Last edited by SonicDimension on Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
SonicDimension wrote:
dr.frot wrote:Aye, that Chameleon nonsense had me scouring the interweb for more information... and I landed here Great site guys :)

Same here.

As for speculation about the next BoC record, I have a few ideas that I wanted to throw out there. Maybe this has already been discussed, but I think the banner on BoC's page at warp.net might suggest a theme that the brothers are interested in right now:

There have always been dark elements in BoC's music and from reading interviews, I get the impression that Mike and Marcus have an interest in some of the stranger, darker aspects of humanity. This image of an exploding nuclear bomb might suggest some sort of apocalyptic theme. It certainly would make sense in the context of our culture's growing unease and anxiety over climate change, economic instability, and a host of other catastrophes waiting to happen (or already happening).

Also, I seem to recall reading in one interview that they wanted to have a more happy, optimistic tone in The Campfire Headphase after the dark and mysterious tone of Geogaddi, but I feel that the dark/strange side is where BoC are more at home. Now that they have shown that they can be versatile and do more song-oriented, pleasant tunes maybe they will return with some more of the dark weirdness.

So if I had to take a wild guess about the next album, it would be that it will have an overall darker tone than The Campfire Headphase, probably more similar to Geogaddi, and there may be a reflection of the general malaise and anxiety of modernity. But perhaps that dark outlook will also be balanced with a degree of optimism and hopefulness? What do you all think?

Not to pick on you completely here (and you may well be right) but you're basing all this on one banner image? The most anyone's heard from anyone in the official camp in 6 months a debunking of a fake tune. If Warp have plans they're keeping them quiet and would rather flog cheap plastic sound making machines through Bleep than say anything useful.

Truly we're in the sucking void of non information here.

SonicDimension wrote:What do you all think?
I hope you are right as I do love the dark undertone of Geogaddi. I'd love the next album to be in the same dark vein. That banner might be a small indication of things to come, but I'd definitely won't put any money on it yet.

Posts Quantity
------
Last edited by SonicDimension on Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl ... y-1.802134

search for sandison

i was bored

yes his middle name is peter
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Sherbet Head
hehe peter campbell qualified in ecclesiastical history cooool

Dayvan Cowboy
Guido wrote:http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/edinburgh-university-1.802134

search for sandison

i was bored

yes his middle name is peter

Great find!

Posts Quantity
haha edinburgh is wehre im studying next year

Eagle Minded
i smell a new album coming...

Friendly Stranger
SonicDimension wrote:That banner (and the new BOC logo) may seem insignificant, but to me it screams '1970's post-apocalyptic wasteland.' This is not the sort of artwork you would expect to see associated with another Campfire Headphase relatively mellow 'sonic road trip' type of record.

I had a grinning smile when I read that. Personnaly, I always imagined Campfire as a post-apocalyptic movie, Dayvan Cowboy being the bomb dropping with its repetitive drums.
But, hey, that's me, and I could be wrong
:)

ryetronics wrote:Great find!

^^

Added to bocpages too. http://bocpages.org/wiki/Michael_Sandison

Happy Cycler
Fredd-E wrote:

^^

are you sure he graduated university when he was one? born in 1971, graduated in 1972 :?:
"It's been a long time..."

Sherbet Head
hexagon son wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:

^^

are you sure he graduated university when he was one? born in 1971, graduated in 1972 :?:

that is very impressive!!!

It's true. He passed his A-levels while still in the womb. This is the kind of genius needed to be a member of BOC and/or Hexagon Sun.

Slow down...

Heh. It was a typo. Should've been 1992. Instead of laughing, you should've edited yourself. It's a wiki! :)

Happy Cycler
I was doing 8th grade workbooks in the womb but by the time I was going through high school in the hospital nursery my grades had slipped to C's so I'm not eligible :(
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Friendly Stranger
I'll just bet/hope that the next LP will be a bit louder, more epic, and perhaps more serious than any of the other records before it. I imagine they will come back with a very loud bang and a lot of tripped out style a la 'Seven Forty Seven'. I mean this is BoC...
Last edited by __ = Zenfinity = __ on Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
__ = Zenfinity = __ wrote:I'll just bet/hope that the next LP will be a bit louder, more epic, and perhaps more serious than any of the other records before it. I imagine they will come back with a very loud bang and a lot of tripped out style. I mean this is BoC...

i hope it doesnt have an "epic" feel however. like if it was cinematic and/or uplifting. i would not like that.

Eagle Minded
I keep wondering if they'll do a re-release of their back catalog on vinyl. I know they did it when Geogaddi came out, but not since then.
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada