GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I was a bit privy to the knowledge of the fakes and it still annoyed me But then when I heard the fake Hooper Bay, it was actually quite good and well done. The fact that Biz decided to make music that good for a prank is the craziest part. Props to him!

I think one sign of positivity though is that the thread for the fake HB quickly blasted off to eight pages in the course of one day. Which means that the day BOC ride back into town we'll have ourselves a real hoedown.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
i know biz and niski downplay it but yes those tracks were seriously great. the atmosphere was onpoint & uncanny
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:I think one sign of positivity though is that the thread for the fake HB quickly blasted off to eight pages in the course of one day. Which means that the day BOC ride back into town we'll have ourselves a real hoedown.

This is my takeaway. All this showed is that when we do actually get new material, it's gonna be night and day around here in terms of atmosphere, attitude, and topics. Hope is fun but Music is funner. Can't wait.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Sherbet Head
Can anyone chime in on the new Hi Scores artwork? I'm not seeing anything new

Sherbet Head
Can anyone chime in on the new Hi Scores artwork? I'm not seeing anything new

Nevermind, I see it

Eagle Minded
It’s gotta be soon.

Posts Quantity
I think that if anything is coming out this year it'll most likely be after summer. AFX has a busy schedule for the summer so I would imagine that Warp would probably want to wait until he's done with his stuff first.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm changing my bet that BOC is in 2024.

It's gonna be 2013 and 2014 reversed. Aphex first, then BOC.

It would be crazy that we get both in one year like Autechre and OPN in 2020 but I don't think we'll be that lucky.

But BOC are free to prove me wrong :)

Posts Quantity
hi all. fwiw since news here is scant these days. odd nosdam recently gave a little update on this interesting little diamond that people were sharing here a few dozen pages ago:
"yo I appreciate everyone's interest ! still waiting on the record label for further info LOL thanks for your patience"

A lot can happen in 10 years. Consider where you were at 15 vs. where you were at 25. Sophomore year of high school vs. a couple years removed from your college graduation. Add another 10 in, and you may have children, or a spouse, or a home. In our real lives, 10 years can fit an almost baffling amount of changes, shifts, turns, pivots, upswings, and downturns. It moves slow and yet blindingly fast.

In the music world, 10 years is a lifetime. If a band goes dormant for a decade, it’s usually more than enough to believe the band won’t be coming back, at least not until we’re even farther down the wormhole of time and it becomes a “comeback” or “reunion.” But sometimes, when a band or artist takes that extended break for writing and recording, they return rejuvenated and refreshed, reminding us why we enjoyed their work in the first place and why we have missed it over the year. ÁTTA is one of those times.
source: https://beatsperminute.com/album-review-sigur-ros-atta/

One could easily apply this quote to BoC. I hope it sheds some positive light on the long wait.

Dayvan Cowboy
NTFMTS wrote:I have a strong feeling it'll be in September

I think I'm actually gonna change my outlook to something more optimistic.

With the recent Aphex Twin announcement for an EP in June 28th and a few more summer concerts, maybe Richard will own the summer. But...the next release is in November 3rd so there's a lot that could happen between now and then. They might be freeing up space to drop their two biggest artists in that timespan! Warp did acknowledge the new BOC album after all and for us to pray for their return so maybe we will get them in this year after all!

Here's hoping we get both of the legends at once! :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:
A lot can happen in 10 years. Consider where you were at 15 vs. where you were at 25. Sophomore year of high school vs. a couple years removed from your college graduation. Add another 10 in, and you may have children, or a spouse, or a home. In our real lives, 10 years can fit an almost baffling amount of changes, shifts, turns, pivots, upswings, and downturns. It moves slow and yet blindingly fast.

In the music world, 10 years is a lifetime. If a band goes dormant for a decade, it’s usually more than enough to believe the band won’t be coming back, at least not until we’re even farther down the wormhole of time and it becomes a “comeback” or “reunion.” But sometimes, when a band or artist takes that extended break for writing and recording, they return rejuvenated and refreshed, reminding us why we enjoyed their work in the first place and why we have missed it over the year. ÁTTA is one of those times.

One could easily apply this quote to BoC. I hope it sheds some positive light on the long wait.

Yes, but no. See, as artists, they can do as they want and have the pace that they want, it's their thing, but Me, in life, I cannot fathom the inner mental cage of being caught in hyperperfectionist state for decades at a time (and I am a perfectionist believe Me). People say TH was 10 years ago, and they worked on that for years and years, some of the stuff likely has some germinating cells way back to Twoism in one shape or another.

The point I am trying to make is that creativity is rich and wild, the super sieved one drop a year thing is just in My view that this is a side hustle to them, a nice to have (I would kill to have a side hustle like that!), something that happens when it happens, it does not seem like close linked creativity at this point, it feels like long distance creativity requiring the cooperation of tens of different schedules, far different from in the beginning when it was just HS.

So when it comes, if it comes, does it exist, etc. All of it at this moment is just vaporware.

Or they are just crazy fans of the Pitch Drop Experiment

Anyway, just My thoughts on this.
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Sherbet Head
I'm gonna lose my shit if the boys are the mystery band on the main stage at Glastonbury

Dayvan Cowboy
Magrathea wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:

Yes, but no. See, as artists, they can do as they want and have the pace that they want, it's their thing, but Me, in life, I cannot fathom the inner mental cage of being caught in hyperperfectionist state for decades at a time (and I am a perfectionist believe Me). People say TH was 10 years ago, and they worked on that for years and years, some of the stuff likely has some germinating cells way back to Twoism in one shape or another.

The point I am trying to make is that creativity is rich and wild, the super sieved one drop a year thing is just in My view that this is a side hustle to them, a nice to have (I would kill to have a side hustle like that!), something that happens when it happens, it does not seem like close linked creativity at this point, it feels like long distance creativity requiring the cooperation of tens of different schedules, far different from in the beginning when it was just HS.

So when it comes, if it comes, does it exist, etc. All of it at this moment is just vaporware.

Or they are just crazy fans of the Pitch Drop Experiment

Anyway, just My thoughts on this.

I agree 100% on it being a side-hustle for them. But it begs the question everyone has asked at some point on this forum... if this is their side-hustle, what is their main gig?

Dayvan Cowboy
ryetronics wrote:I agree 100% on it being a side-hustle for them. But it begs the question everyone has asked at some point on this forum... if this is their side-hustle, what is their main gig?

Raising chickens on the farm?

New Seed

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:
ryetronics wrote:I agree 100% on it being a side-hustle for them. But it begs the question everyone has asked at some point on this forum... if this is their side-hustle, what is their main gig?

Raising chickens on the farm?

This is entirely feasible.. They could be growing vegetables, selling eggs and so on and so forth

Perfect family business

Dayvan Cowboy
ryetronics wrote:
I agree 100% on it being a side-hustle for them. But it begs the question everyone has asked at some point on this forum... if this is their side-hustle, what is their main gig?

I could imagine probably ghost producing and maybe writing incidental music for shows like Top Gear. If I do recall someone found music registered to them on a copyright database for Top Gear. They do have the skills for incidental music so I'd assume that's the case.

Dayvan Cowboy

Surprisingly dark sound, that melody…love it!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada