GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Yes, I remember, the double album idea was pretty common during the next summer after release, of 2014th. I remember, was extremely hyped of 8/22, being an album announcement date or an ep. Tho, nothing came from it. So I may agree, that TH was extremely condensed record, or the Brothers didn't thought, taht they need to add something for this record, like before. I'm leaning towards the later.

Dayvan Cowboy
As far as I know the only source for the double album thing was Peter Serafinowicz saying he thought it might be. He never said where he heard that. Every other mention of it seems to go back to that, unless someone has an earlier source. Certainly not heard anyone who's said it came from Warp or the band.

So it's a small difference but I don't know if you can really call out "rumours" so much as it was "one guy who had a radio show getting it wrong" and that spreading out from there.

Boqurant
arvy wrote:Yes, I remember, the double album idea was pretty common during the next summer after release, of 2014th. I remember, was extremely hyped of 8/22, being an album announcement date or an ep. Tho, nothing came from it. So I may agree, that TH was extremely condensed record, or the Brothers didn't thought, taht they need to add something for this record, like before. I'm leaning towards the later.

One of the initial thoughts I had directly after I purchasing TH in 2013 was: "I can't wait for the follow up EP in a year or two".
When BOC said they recorded 3 albums worth of music in the process of making TH in an interview, I thought some of that work being released as an EP was inevitable.
Still stings thinking about how that never (or at least has yet to) come into fruition.

Eagle Minded
Despite the commonalities of the websites and the themes in New Clear Dawn, I see no way that anything comes to fruition related to that

I bet there will be an album or some surprise a lot sooner than expected, and again I don't see any reason that the way they go about it has to be consistent with previous dates, numbers, themes or the way they released stuff in the past. I think that if there is a theme, it has to do with inverting "Feeling Good" and "Feeling Bad" given the imagery they've thrown out so far.

Boqurant
Negamuse wrote:As far as I know the only source for the double album thing was Peter Serafinowicz saying he thought it might be. He never said where he heard that. Every other mention of it seems to go back to that, unless someone has an earlier source. Certainly not heard anyone who's said it came from Warp or the band.

So it's a small difference but I don't know if you can really call out "rumours" so much as it was "one guy who had a radio show getting it wrong" and that spreading out from there.

Strictly speaking it is a double album as it is two records

Eagle Minded
Was there anything behind Owl of Minerva and IOVERFLOWMAN except the connection to newcleardawn.com? I feel like that is one loose end from TH left unsolved.

Tried googling BoC written in opposite alphabet and it almost gave me a heart attack.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ylziwh+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Boqurant
:shock:
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw

Sherbet Head
Moz wrote:Tried googling BoC written in opposite alphabet and it almost gave me a heart attack.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ylziwh+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Looks like this is someone's clever way of trying to sell their mixtape on bandcamp without getting busted by anyone whose songs they're using lmao, there's nothing about that copy of Dawn Chorus that sets it apart from the geogaddi version and the rest of the album seems to consist of non-BoC tracks.
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Sherbet Head
This thread is reaching Ouroboros/deja vu levels like you wouldnt believe

Dayvan Cowboy
If a Sandison plays a synth in the forest does it make a sound?
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
Echelon wrote:If a Sandison plays a synth in the forest does it make a sound?

Depends, is it plugged in/battery powered or are they planning on sampling the clacking of the dead keys for a percussion sound?
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded

I typed "Melting under the Orange Hexagon Sun" into a text-to-image AI and it made that lol. Anywho, I wonder if the Orange Hexagon Sun refers to anything specific, or just them recycling language they like to use to sort of brand the title of the video

Sherbet Head
NTFMTS wrote:Image

I typed "Melting under the Orange Hexagon Sun" into a text-to-image AI and it made that lol. Anywho, I wonder if the Orange Hexagon Sun refers to anything specific, or just them recycling language they like to use to sort of brand the title of the video

I'd like to go on record and say that I gave the video that title when I uploaded it to youtube and not BoC. the video had no title at all on facebook.

Thank you. :oops:
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
Oh, well in that case it's a very appropriate title lol. My bad, thanks for clearing that up

Eagle Minded

Eagle Minded
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Sherbet Head
phpBB [media]
Suck my BUTT

Boqurant
this page made me laugh way to hard lmao

Boqurant
Better than crickets...
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw