GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Frindia wrote:Most likely another boc remix of
Sorry, I don't speak russian.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

"with new tracks from Thom Yorke, Boards of Canada, and Danger Mouse also on the way"

The journalist wrote there are new tracks on the way, but a lot of you are saying it's going to be the remix we already got in 2021, shouldn't he have written "recent tracks" or something then?

"with recent tracks from Thom Yorke, Boards of Canada, and Danger Mouse also on the way"

Maybe the journalist considers 1.5-year-old tracks still as new? Maybe it's considered new because it's only available digitally atm? Confusing. I'm still hoping for an actual new remix.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:

This took me by surprise :), you've been the voice of reason for bands like t.A.T.u and Molchat Doma..

Sherbet Head
The only reason I'm skeptical about an actual new tune is because in the Fader article it says the releases are part of the 20th anniversary and Treat em right was also part of that anniversary.. So will they release 2 tracks for the anniversary who knows. I'm also cautious about getting excited then getting let down.

On the other hand there's no reason we can't have a brand new tune, that would be fab and I hope that is that case!

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
rodox_head wrote:

This took me by surprise :), you've been the voice of reason for bands like t.A.T.u and Molchat Doma..
Well, not nearly enough for it to matter at least :lol:
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

luminousdusk wrote:
On the other hand there's no reason we can't have a brand new tune, that would be fab and I hope that is that case!

I contacted Lex Records. Their reply: “ Hi! they're referring to the previously released tracks.. sorry!”

Friendly Stranger
Echelon wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:It's could be.. Hard to tell what's going on. Lex seem to still be celebrating their 20th anniversary a year and a half after the fact

Looks like the treat em right remix was part of the anniversary celebration, I guess it all hinges on what the article author deems new, treat em right is their newest release.. Who knows.. Wait and see I guess but I'm not getting excited

As BOC fans we have some of the lowest karma on the planet, so I feel it's Treat Em Right.

Though maybe there are some other artists they could remix? Anyone familiar on that label and who's on it?

Lex has quite a bit of overlap with Anticon and Mush, who BoC have (had) connections to.

There's a new band on Lex called Belief, which is a collaboration between Boom Bip (who BoC remixed before) and Stella Mozgawa - their debut album came out last year.

Yoni Wolf from Why? and cLOUDDEAD (who were both remixed by BoC) is half of Hymie's Basement, who made an album for Lex like 20 years ago and recently reappeared with a single.

Loads of good music to check out here if you dig through all the different projects these people have been involved in. Andrew Broder, the other half of Hymie's Basement, has done so much great stuff.

(edit: took a phone call half way through writing that post and didn't see Fredd-E's latest until I hit submit)

Sherbet Head
Fredd-E wrote:I contacted Lex Records. Their reply: “ Hi! they're referring to the previously released tracks.. sorry!”

And once again:
The journalist who committed the unforgivable crime of getting our hopes up should have to draw 100 hexagons on a chalkboard as punishment lmao
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Dayvan Cowboy
Kend_Wire wrote:
Echelon wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:It's could be.. Hard to tell what's going on. Lex seem to still be celebrating their 20th anniversary a year and a half after the fact

Looks like the treat em right remix was part of the anniversary celebration, I guess it all hinges on what the article author deems new, treat em right is their newest release.. Who knows.. Wait and see I guess but I'm not getting excited

As BOC fans we have some of the lowest karma on the planet, so I feel it's Treat Em Right.

Though maybe there are some other artists they could remix? Anyone familiar on that label and who's on it?

Lex has quite a bit of overlap with Anticon and Mush, who BoC have (had) connections to.

There's a new band on Lex called Belief, which is a collaboration between Boom Bip (who BoC remixed before) and Stella Mozgawa - their debut album came out last year.

Yoni Wolf from Why? and cLOUDDEAD (who were both remixed by BoC) is half of Hymie's Basement, who made an album for Lex like 20 years ago and recently reappeared with a single.

Loads of good music to check out here if you dig through all the different projects these people have been involved in. Andrew Broder, the other half of Hymie's Basement, has done so much great stuff.

(edit: took a phone call half way through writing that post and didn't see Fredd-E's latest until I hit submit)

Considering they only remix Anti con and Sexual Objects these days, hopefully these new super groups will give them more fodder for remixes haha

At this point, I'd take another remix since it's been two years
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
Fredd-E wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:

I contacted Lex Records. Their reply: “ Hi! they're referring to the previously released tracks.. sorry!”

Thanks for finding out Fredd, Saved us from a long wait for disappointment that's for sure

Eagle Minded

Reminds me of this cover in a mirror... I think some redditor posted a pic a while back of something similar.

Seems like both of them are hiding the mark of the beast :twisted:
nice find!

Dayvan Cowboy
So,

In the end, just as same as the last 10 years.

NAUGHT
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Eagle Minded
the ocean of disappointment is endless; but we must keep rowing in order to reach sweet nothing
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Sherbet Head
Damn. but new Thom Yorke? :shock:

Dayvan Cowboy
Tomorrow marks the first important anniversary this year. 10 years of mbv.

Not saying this is connected to BOC in anyway, but it is the first big anniversary in an epic year of unlikely returns.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Friendly Stranger
steeldancer-x wrote:Damn. but new Thom Yorke? :shock:

That would be this one: https://lexrecords.com/products/gazzill ... rke-remix/

Eagle Minded
That Yorke Gazzillion Ear remix was meh.... man, I would love to hear the broz remix DOOM.... or Wu.

Boqurant
So.. are we gonna go back to the food talk or what?

Sherbet Head
belchmaster wrote:So.. are we gonna go back to the food talk or what?

Sounds like a good idea to me! Anyone here got a favorite type of pasta? Personally I lean towards:
phpBB [media]
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Sherbet Head
Spaghetti bolognese and Lasagne are great but my favourite is Tortellini with mascarpone sauce

When I store leftovers in the fridge I make sure I use tin foil. That type of wrap is just the best, to keep your pasta nice and fresh

phpBB [media]

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada