GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
NTFMTS wrote:Can someone link to the balloon AS thing again? I think I missed it

this probably won't work unless you're logged into instagram, but here are both of the Adult Swim clip links:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLMJAYiL54_/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGVAQKYg7-O/
"R-Worded"

Eagle Minded
i already commented this but it seems it got buried in other replies… Did anyone see the book they made for IABPOITC? not the brothers but another hexagon sun member, back when the EP came out.
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
Roswell wrote:i already commented this but it seems it got buried in other replies… Did anyone see the book they made for IABPOITC? not the brothers but another hexagon sun member, back when the EP came out.

yep. mental, right?
i wonder if there's any other HS books based on boc releases. im trying to imagine how a geogaddi one would look like
maybe they have a lot of these? stored in an underground hexagon sun library?
yes, i would love to be free!

Eagle Minded
Roswell wrote:i already commented this but it seems it got buried in other replies… Did anyone see the book they made for IABPOITC? not the brothers but another hexagon sun member, back when the EP came out.

Yeah it's ethereal. Just on the verge of being abstract but still retaining some kind of narrative, like it is sampling small pieces of other stories and left on the reader to connect the dots himself. Like a children's picture book from some other reality. Plus it ends with a rhyme.

She also did the EP cover art without being explicitly credited which makes me wonder is BoC really just a two person project?

Eagle Minded
Moz wrote:

Yeah it's ethereal. Just on the verge of being abstract but still retaining some kind of narrative, like it is sampling small pieces of other stories and left on the reader to connect the dots himself. Like a children's picture book from some other reality. Plus it ends with a rhyme.

She also did the EP cover art without being explicitly credited which makes me wonder is BoC really just a two person project?

where can i find this book? i've never heard of it before now.

Dayvan Cowboy
ParticleGhost wrote:
Moz wrote:

I think it’s like the early EP’s it’s self financed and probably distributed throughout HS, the reddit post are screenshots of a Facebook post by the author.
Last edited by Orbited insanitarium on Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
ParticleGhost wrote:
Moz wrote:

original post
here if you don't have a facebook account

Eagle Minded
ColinWallis wrote:
NTFMTS wrote:Can someone link to the balloon AS thing again? I think I missed it

this probably won't work unless you're logged into instagram, but here are both of the Adult Swim clip links:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLMJAYiL54_/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGVAQKYg7-O/

thanks for the links, at first I wasn't sure the balloon one sounded distinctly like BoC (the turn that smile upside down one def does to me) but realized it's a very similar melody in both ig posts. Woah.

Dayvan Cowboy
Moz wrote:

I would love to see added artwork (possibly in book form) for MHTRTC as we only received one image for it and the album feels like a bit of a story! Having the music fit the artwork is one of BOC’s strongest attributes for me.

Dayvan Cowboy
The best/worst thing about BOC/Hexagon Sun is their art is so great and fantastic but it's so scare and rare too. Like it's too good for this world...(which it kinda is.)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:The best/worst thing about BOC/Hexagon Sun is their art is so great and fantastic but it's so scare and rare too. Like it's too good for this world...(which it kinda is.)

Peter Iain Campbell is such a good photographer, his oil rig images just emanate desolation. Random audience participation: what’s you’re favourite album/EP art and why? :)

Posts Quantity
Geogaddi - makes me think of autumn/fall in a psychedelic way.

Trans Canada Highway EP - reminds me of how I saw road and trailhead signs while traveling (mainly through the Appalachians) with my family as a child.

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Peter Iain Campbell is such a good photographer, his oil rig images just emanate desolation. Random audience participation: what’s you’re favourite album/EP art and why? :)

i really dig the hiscores cover, and i'm not sure why. it's so simple yet inviting, reminds me of when i first discovered them and didn't have the patience to listen to most of their stuff. The discography seemed much more alien and unatainable back then and the cover reminds me of that.

Dayvan Cowboy
I love the Music Has The Right cover since it's very easy to make memeic images of it and plus, I love the weirdass texture on the family's faces

Geogaddi is a great BOC-take on the Wickerman

TCH's cover is great because it showcases a dude who could very well be from 1975 or 2005. My friend said it looked like Beck

Those three albums are definitely a trilogy because they all involve faceless people on the cover and have similar yet different music approaches. TH seems to be a new chapter for BOC and we'll see if the next album continues the story.

And really, there's so much excitement for me over anything new from BOC. And one of those things is the new art. Cannot wait to have a brand new LP of trippy, mindblowing art courtesy of Hexagon Sun :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Moz wrote:

This is like when the bros borrowed PIC's work for their cover of Closes.

NorthSaturnian wrote:i wonder if there's any other HS books based on boc releases. im trying to imagine how a geogaddi one would look like
maybe they have a lot of these? stored in an underground hexagon sun library?

In an early interview, I remember them talking about publishing books. I tended to think of it as another thing they might have made up for mystification but it seems that this is something that actually was published.

Perhaps the secret Hexagon Society isn't as fabricated as the jaded would like to think. There might legitimately be a whole world of art we'll never get to see unless someone unveils it. This book is very much like the society itself, tangible but still completely out-of-reach.

(On a side note, let's hope our friend doesn't get his legs broken for sharing it with us.)

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Perhaps the secret Hexagon Society isn't as fabricated as the jaded would like to think. There might legitimately be a whole world of art we'll never get to see unless someone unveils it. This book is very much like the society itself, tangible but still completely out-of-reach.

that sounds very interest-
Bocpages 2025 wrote:Boards of Canada published several books in very limited numbers, distributed only to friends and family.

forget it

Dayvan Cowboy
NorthSaturnian wrote:
Echelon wrote:Perhaps the secret Hexagon Society isn't as fabricated as the jaded would like to think. There might legitimately be a whole world of art we'll never get to see unless someone unveils it. This book is very much like the society itself, tangible but still completely out-of-reach.

that sounds very interest-
Bocpages 2025 wrote:Boards of Canada published several books in very limited numbers, distributed only to friends and family.

forget it

The day any one of us finds hooper bay in a charity shop is the day i will blast out the Pogues song “fiesta” on a loop in my house! :lol:
Though I’m not thinking we will but if RDJ (Aphex) left a USB full of music on a plane then anything’s possible!

Dayvan Cowboy
I really hope that the bros Sandison aren't pissed by this being uploaded. They tend to get "weird" when personal stuff is uploaded and rightfully so. Would not want them taking their anger out on the fan base who are patiently waiting for the new album/boxset and not uploading secret artifacts like this.

As cool as this is, here's hoping for an actual announcement from them instead :D

Dayvan Cowboy
I mean when AFOT & OTV2 were leaked they mentioned in the guardian TH interview that the leaker betrayed their trust, which I agree with and I’m sure if I was them and a Hypothetical old tunes Vol.3 turned up out of the blue, I’d be pretty pissed off.

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:The day any one of us finds hooper bay in a charity shop is the day i will blast out the Pogues song “fiesta” on a loop in my house! :lol:
Though I’m not thinking we will but if RDJ (Aphex) left a USB full of music on a plane then anything’s possible!

I've heard about couple of these cases. The trick is famous artists put made up names on their unreleased stuff.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada