GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
korona15 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6MSShMsYm2I

lol. sure sounds like 'em

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA, briliant!

Eagle Minded
egbdf wrote:What a day. Last night I was convinced it was real. By this morning I was thinking it was a hoax. Now I think it's real again. I've literally spent my whole day thinking about this. So exciting. No music has moved me in the same way or influenced my own music to the same extent.

This is true for me as well. Now I'll probably be listening to nothing but boc for the next week. It will be awesome.

Sherbet Head
I have added a new page on the wiki with a basic summary of what we know so far:

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Record_Store_Day_incident

Sherbet Head
I like how somebody added "------/------/------/------/--­----/------" to the Julie and Candy live feed recording.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-y8HNhJ ... r_embedded

It is at 4:20 if you want to see it.

Eagle Minded
korona15 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6MSShMsYm2I

lol. sure sounds like 'em

HA! Good one.

Eagle Minded
That was hilarious
Toss the sun down the backwards spiral

New Seed
I've made a connection with the groups of numbers and a cover artwork that was posted on BOC facebook pages. This was the cover https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 926&type=1

Basically, this is a confirmation about the ------/------- being a code? The cover artwork in the above link shows aerials and antennae which were used in the cold war for sending messages via the 'numbers stations', always in groups of numbers. And its been noticed that the voices appearing in the audio found on the mystery vinyl so far sound very much like the numbers station voices. So, this could well be the actual cover artwork for the album - or somebody has cooked all of this up based on the cover....

Sherbet Head
Choogster wrote:I've made a connection with the groups of numbers and a cover artwork that was posted on BOC facebook pages. This was the cover https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 926&type=1

Basically, this is a confirmation about the ------/------- being a code? The cover artwork in the above link shows aerials and antennae which were used in the cold war for sending messages via the 'numbers stations', always in groups of numbers. And its been noticed that the voices appearing in the audio found on the mystery vinyl so far sound very much like the numbers station voices. So, this could well be the actual cover artwork for the album - or somebody has cooked all of this up based on the cover....

You're not wrong, but it's not really a new connection. The whole idea of numbers stations being a BOC thing has been around for a long time. Particularly since Geogaddi and Gyroscope.

These coded releases are an extension of that and the photo is just a cool photo as far as we know. I'd be surprised if they just used that photo as they tend to go for artwork and have something more considered and a deeper resonance.

Friendly Stranger
I said something would be out this year and I'm happy that I've been proved correct. Exciting times.
The river runs white, vines wrap themselves around trees, the moon is red.

Sherbet Head
updated the infographic here:

Eagle Minded
n00b question alert: What does ARG stand for? :oops:

Sherbet Head
IronMark wrote:n00b question alert: What does ARG stand for? :oops:

Alternate Reality Game

Sherbet Head
so if one posts that youtube clip to facebook, those extra words appear???
thats odd

the word 'sediment' i get from endtimes also

new year time end sediment, salopettes? snow clothing, its really just
kind of like a description of the video uploaded as it has a skier and snow slopes in it
some old amateur footage from 1977

don't get any more info off it

that 6 digit number it gives 'm' in ascii??? thats also bs, its e W

Sherbet Head
thepastinsidepressant wrote:that 6 digit number it gives 'm' in ascii??? thats also bs, its e W

Yeah, see the decoding thread.

Sherbet Head
also that annotation, the uploader can also allow it so that users can add their own annotations, though not sure about this upload. it's just plonked on it, not actually in the video. i don't find this area of
the story worthy. its certainly amateur right there alright, that 4.19 pop up

Sherbet Head
thepastinsidepressant wrote:also that annotation, the uploader can also allow it so that users can add their own annotations, though not sure about this upload. it's just plonked on it, not actually in the video. i don't find this area of
the story worthy. its certainly amateur right there alright, that 4.19 pop up

not really, the annotation was most definitely set by the uploader which probably is a member of hexagon sun. :roll:

Posts Quantity
page 300! I predict that the new B.O.C album will be out before the end of this year :D I just have a feeling it might actually pop out.
"Fulfillment is structured in achievement, Achievement is structured in action, Action is structured in thinking, Thinking is structured in knowledge, Knowledge is structured in consciousness" - Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Boqurant

Sherbet Head
I'll see you when the sun sets east, don't forget me.
https://www.instagram.com/powerline_misfortune/

Posts Quantity
chronical wrote:
IronMark wrote:n00b question alert: What does ARG stand for? :oops:

Alternate Reality Game

Yeah, I don't think that's what it is. Even if this whole thing is not a big hoax, just something involving puzzles and codes doesn't make it an "Alternate Reality Game".

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada