GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Sammy_P wrote:
SamuraiDrifter wrote:As relates to the Bandcamp though, it seems like they're gearing up to release something.

*cough* probably not
https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/warp-records-comes-to-bandcamp

I've seen a bunch of people comment on other platforms saying something similar, and it feels like you're avoiding the obvious good news. Considering this news confirms the BOC Instagram is real, I don't see how Warp putting their complete digital catalog on bandcamp kills any potential of a new BOC release. Add to that the fact that Autechre's bandcamp was updated before the release of SIGN, and the fact that so many Warp artists have already released something new this year, and I'd say the optimism is warranted.

Dayvan Cowboy
writetomhatcher wrote:
Sammy_P wrote:
SamuraiDrifter wrote:As relates to the Bandcamp though, it seems like they're gearing up to release something.

*cough* probably not
https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/warp-records-comes-to-bandcamp

I've seen a bunch of people comment on other platforms saying something similar, and it feels like you're avoiding the obvious good news. Considering this news confirms the BOC Instagram is real, I don't see how Warp putting their complete digital catalog on bandcamp kills any potential of a new BOC release. Add to that the fact that Autechre's bandcamp was updated before the release of SIGN, and the fact that so many Warp artists have already released something new this year, and I'd say the optimism is warranted.

Let me add that the release window for Warp is currently open. Nothing on the horizon (i.e. the pipeline)...but a new clear dawn maybe? :wink:
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Friendly Stranger
Anyone else gone down the rathole of palindromic dates in 2021 as potential release dates yet? :D

In 2021 (I think, I'm not a calendaroligist):

20 Jan (US format): 12021 or 1202021 (also the day a certain someone exits a certain building)
1 Feb (UK format): 1221
12 Feb (UK format) and also 2 Dec (US format): 12221 or 1202021 (also for 20 Jan above) or 12022021

I did a sozzy search to see if any of those has significance but all I could find was scientific records of minor astronomical bodies. :D

Dayvan Cowboy

Yes, I'm aware Warp has been transferring their catalog to Bandcamp for some time. Doesn't change the fact that BoC has been very active online lately and has been strongly hinting on Instagram and Twitter that something is in the works.

Posts Quantity
FYI The bandcamp page background has gone from white to black. And they have a new banner, the one from their YouTube channel.

Dayvan Cowboy
Prediction: After December 4th (Aphex Twin reissue in Japan) something is going to be announced, possibly BOC. I'm going to stay optimistic! It's the final month of 2020 after all :D

writetomhatcher wrote:FYI The bandcamp page background has gone from white to black. And they have a new banner, the one from their YouTube channel.

Damn, you got my hopes up that it was the Pioneer Plaque banner. If it was, that would be a Ron Paul "It's happening" moment if there was one!

Posts Quantity
Well the Hell Interface YouTube channel is linked to the BOC one, so keep them hopes high :)

Sherbet Head
Could it be that we'll finally see the return of a certain mythical lost project?
Spoiler: show
Specifically this one :P
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Posts Quantity
Jango9 wrote:Could it be that we'll finally see the return of a certain mythical lost project?

Gotta wear my tuxedo for this one
"Boards of Canada is a unique project that got a bit out of hand."

Dayvan Cowboy
writetomhatcher wrote:Well the Hell Interface YouTube channel is linked to the BOC one, so keep them hopes high :)

Oh I'm not counting them out just yet! :D

Jango9 wrote:Could it be that we'll finally see the return of a certain mythical lost project?

My hot take is that the one second Spiro locked groove might have been meaner than waiting 7 and a half years. Though I guess they figured "Well they all have Spiro already...but they'll never get our studio version muwhaha"

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:
writetomhatcher wrote:Well the Hell Interface YouTube channel is linked to the BOC one, so keep them hopes high :)

Oh I'm not counting them out just yet! :D

My hot take is that the one second Spiro locked groove might have been meaner than waiting 7 and a half years. Though I guess they figured "Well they all have Spiro already...but they'll never get our studio version muwhaha"

mayyyybe with the ATP recreation project we can get an at least semi-accurate recreation
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Eagle Minded
writetomhatcher wrote:FYI The bandcamp page background has gone from white to black. And they have a new banner, the one from their YouTube channel.

When I read this I thought you meant the Hell Interface banner, I was getting ready to be super hyped

Dayvan Cowboy
Something I'm curious about: What exactly does this "Warp Earth Calendar" that you get in Japan entail? Is it just a regular calendar or does it forecast Warp events in 2021?

I'm going to go with the former, but I'm wondering if this sticker trade-in is more important than we think. Not saying this has anything to do with BOC either, just wondering.

Friendly Stranger
Ottomatik wrote:
Zephyr Method wrote:
ihmeauto wrote:If anyone has been following the news regarding a mysterious monolith found in Utah desert, another one has apparently appeared in Romania :D

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/11/utahs-2001-like-monolith-mysteriously-disappears/
https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/11/monolith-romania/

It's probably nothing but an art installation, but who knows if its part of an ARG again.

No offense but this could be ANYTHING, I don't really think a BoC ARG is one of them.

It would be fun though. It fits with the space-themed album speculation going on, with the Pioneer plaque banner and these monoliths being obvious references to 2001.

A bit over the top as marketing thing, but this is the sample from happy cycling isnt it?
https://youtu.be/ypEaGQb6dJk?t=306

Eagle Minded
Nice catch!

Posts Quantity
The Happy Cycling sample is from Jesus Christ Superstar Although it did always remind me of 2001.

FYI 15 more likes from BOC Twitter—lots of Spotify wrapped tweets, some MHTRTC vinyl pictures and the bleep ad for the repress, and another couple likes from Edinburgh mystery novelist Ian Rankin. That’s a lot of action for being inactive on Twitter since the end of October.

Eagle Minded
And they just posted on Insta.

Boqurant

Eagle Minded
debugDolores wrote:Uhh, wtf is this post haha

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIVr_VcgJue/

It's their banner on on Bandcamp.

Eagle Minded
Or I should say "Bio" pic.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada