Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:28 am

artists need to spend whatever amount of time they feel is necessary to generate whatever it is they generate.

I can't understand why anyone would suggest any great artist should alter their methods. especially for time sensitivity, aka entitled expectation / impatience.

If anything, I more often feel pretty much the opposite, that a lot of artists burn out too fast because they want to stay relevant, or are chasing something, forcing out too much material when if they had focused longer and harder on less, it would probably be better. (quality vs. quantity)

of course there are exceptions, but truly prolific artists who's quality doesn't falter are quite rare.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:47 am

ColinWallis wrote:of course there are exceptions, but truly prolific artists who's quality doesn't falter are quite rare.

http://loscil.ca :idea:

My #2 artist all time currently preceded by BoC and followed by Autechre.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:36 pm

King Gizzard is prob the best example I could come up with off the top of my head in terms of prolific output. I can't say I've listened to all of their stuff, but the few five or so I've heard are consistently amazing.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:04 pm

It’s confirmed something is on the way.

However nothing about what timescale this involves has been confirmed.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:14 pm

What a messy page 1138

Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:30 pm

ah, THE FUTURE IS HERE

I'll have to listen to more Loscil. Off the top of my head some of the most prolific artists I'm a fan of are Of Montreal, DMX Krew, Mike Paradinas, The Future Sound Of London, Kool Keith, Luke Vibert...

There are a lot of prolific artists I guess, but in comparison to most, I think it's still pretty rare.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:38 pm

I’m of the opinion that each new BoC surpassed the previous ones, so that’s good reason for all the anticipation of what’s next.

Today is tomorrow.

Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:56 am

https://www.flickr.com/photos/usnationalarchives/3681597769/in/album-72157620856436476/lightbox/
under another coke sign

Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:13 am

steeldancer-x wrote:What a messy page 1138

lol

Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:25 pm

Keep this one tidy folks :D

Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:38 am

Here's to a better page 1139.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:42 pm

People need to chill, it is pretty evident that there is a new release coming and from what I hear and have read I think it will be more than just audio. What a treat it would be to see some of their archived film footage too, I really do think we're about to be treated to the most monumental BOC release yet - stunning new album followed shortly after with a BOCset that will be a beautifully curated audio visual package.

BOOKMARK THIS HATERS BECAUSE I'M GONNA ENJOY BEING RIGHT

Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:30 pm

Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:46 pm

i'm ready to start a hunger strike outside of warp headquarters. who's with me?

Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:40 pm

NorthSaturnian wrote:i'm ready to start a hunger strike outside of warp headquarters. who's with me?

don't end up like their plants

Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:36 pm

NorthSaturnian wrote:i'm ready to start a hunger strike outside of warp headquarters. who's with me?

How about a trip into the Pentlands on a red moon night or lunar eclipse, Unite in a hexagon shape around a hexagon shaped bonfire which would heat the ionosphere acting as an OTH mirror and recite the number sequence from Aquarius anti-clockwise around the group while focussing our telepathic intentions to the sky to bounce them off the mirror and back down across the hills to the bro's to let them know we are ready for the drop

Who's with me?

Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:57 pm

luminousdusk wrote:

How about a trip into the Pentlands on a red moon night or lunar eclipse, Unite in a hexagon shape around a hexagon shaped bonfire which would heat the ionosphere acting as an OTH mirror and recite the number sequence from Aquarius anti-clockwise around the group while focussing our telepathic intentions to the sky to bounce them off the mirror and back down across the hills to the bro's to let them know we are ready for the drop

Who's with me?

And then when people are in the middle of that, they get their legs snapped in half and arrested for trespassing. :D :D

Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:37 pm

qukk_ wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:

Who's with me?

And then when people are in the middle of that, they get their legs snapped in half and arrested for trespassing. :D :D

We have the 'right to roam' in Scotland as long as you aren't doing BoCtanic rituals in someone's back garden you're good :D

Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:00 pm

luminousdusk wrote:We have the 'right to roam' in Scotland

that's cool. but do you have the right to children too though?

Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:59 pm

NorthSaturnian wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:We have the 'right to roam' in Scotland

that's cool. but do you have the right to children too though?

No, Music has the right to children.

What a great name for an album!
Post a reply