GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
When is this issue gonna come out anyway?

Dayvan Cowboy
bocbocbocboc wrote:When is this issue gonna come out anyway?

With the new album!

Haha kidding. It's going to come out when they finish it, I suppose, which could be in a few days or this December
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:
bocbocbocboc wrote:When is this issue gonna come out anyway?

With the new album!

Haha kidding. It's going to come out when they finish it, I suppose, which could be in a few days or this December

Thought it was May...?

Eagle Minded
I hadn't been notified of any updates for almost 2 weeks, missed all of May until now, got through over 10 pages of bac pages and...we're still waiting.

I love this thread.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Dayvan Cowboy
drixlin wrote:I hadn't been notified of any updates for almost 2 weeks, missed all of May until now, got through over 10 pages of bac pages and...we're still waiting.

I love this thread.

Ironically, there are probably people who haven't checked in since 2016, hoping that one day they'll stop in and find something new. For those people who do that, it's even more painful to discover we are still waiting haha

New Seed
Through the wait we age and shine. What's not to love? I have gone from passive-aggressive longing to a quasi-Dharmic state of serene dasein. The bros and their art of abscence-presence.

Boqurant
drixlin wrote:I hadn't been notified of any updates for almost 2 weeks, missed all of May until now, got through over 10 pages of bac pages and...we're still waiting.

I love this thread.

I'm still holding onto my theory that BOC will release once this thread hits 1000 pages.

Dayvan Cowboy
A new instalment in the Silent Hill series may have been confirmed to be in the works, so I guess anything's possible I guess. I honestly would have expected a new BoC release before that.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:A new instalment in the Silent Hill series may have been confirmed to be in the works, so I guess anything's possible I guess. I honestly would have expected a new BoC release before that.

I take this topic as a kind of offhand mentioned entertainment newsletter sometimes.
For example: I had no idea Arcade Fire had announced an album until Echelon mentioned it about a month back.

Ironic that I'm brought to the attention of so many new upcoming projects/albums/films, from just being casually mentioned here. And yet, the only announcement we're all waiting for is *something* related to Boards of Canada. :lol:

Eagle Minded
rodox_head wrote:A new instalment in the Silent Hill series may have been confirmed to be in the works, so I guess anything's possible I guess. I honestly would have expected a new BoC release before that.

im gonna go search now about it, but all I wanted was Hideo Kojima to be working on it.

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:

I take this topic as a kind of offhand mentioned entertainment newsletter sometimes.
For example: I had no idea Arcade Fire had announced an album until Echelon mentioned it about a month back.

Ironic that I'm brought to the attention of so many new upcoming projects/albums/films, from just being casually mentioned here. And yet, the only announcement we're all waiting for is *something* related to Boards of Canada. :lol:

exactly how The Smiles album drop was brought to my attention haha, My eyes are looking for one thing only. ITS IN HERE THATS CHRISTMAS AND THEN HERE. :idea:

Dayvan Cowboy

I'm happy that my mention of Arcade Fire helped you remember them haha Even if they're not musically related, they share the whole "grand statement for the ages" vibe. I'm sure after TH BOC aren't going to shirk their narrative they continued with that album. It'll be the next musical blockbuster from them. As a friend of mine mentioned, BOC albums are a lot like the original six star wars films where everything was analyzed to death by the fans. I can't wait to do that with the next one :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:I'm happy that my mention of Arcade Fire helped you remember them haha Even if they're not musically related, they share the whole "grand statement for the ages" vibe. I'm sure after TH BOC aren't going to shirk their narrative they continued with that album. It'll be the next musical blockbuster from them. As a friend of mine mentioned, BOC albums are a lot like the original six star wars films where everything was analyzed to death by the fans. I can't wait to do that with the next one :D

Truth be told, I haven't listened to the new Arcade Fire yet. I'm trying not to be influenced by the opinions of Fantano and Pitchfork, luckily, they'll both be focusing on Kendrick Lamar's recent big Musical blockbuster release! :lol:

Actually 'Musical blockbuster' is a riveting way of describing BoC's discography. Makes sense that they would build upon the grandeur scope of Tomorrow's Harvest going forward.

All we need now is for George Lucas to produce another space-based cinematic soap opera, but this time with BoC's psychedelic synth noodling to blissfully accompany it. :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:

im gonna go search now about it, but all I wanted was Hideo Kojima to be working on it.

In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:I'm happy that my mention of Arcade Fire helped you remember them haha Even if they're not musically related, they share the whole "grand statement for the ages" vibe. I'm sure after TH BOC aren't going to shirk their narrative they continued with that album. It'll be the next musical blockbuster from them. As a friend of mine mentioned, BOC albums are a lot like the original six star wars films where everything was analyzed to death by the fans. I can't wait to do that with the next one :D

Truth be told, I haven't listened to the new Arcade Fire yet. I'm trying not to be influenced by the opinions of Fantano and Pitchfork, luckily, they'll both be focusing on Kendrick Lamar's recent big Musical blockbuster release! :lol:

Actually 'Musical blockbuster' is a riveting way of describing BoC's discography. Makes sense that they would build upon the grandeur scope of Tomorrow's Harvest going forward.

All we need now is for George Lucas to produce another space-based cinematic soap opera, but this time with BoC's psychedelic synth noodling to blissfully accompany it. :wink:

This is a year of big releases it seems. In addition to Arcade Fire and Kendrick, there is also Animal Collective. Even if I'd hesitate to call any of them BOC related or my type of music, especially compared to IDM and prog, these are still some of the biggest 'artsy artists' these days.

There are some people who'd read me for 'astrology' but surely the year can bode well for a release from THE IDM giants.

Oh and George Lucas really needs to get back to directing Star Wars films. We didn't know how good we had it til Disney took over

Friendly Stranger
antennaria05 wrote:
ColinWallis wrote:it's easy for everything to seem bad in current times because we have never had the ability to be aware of (and stream live from a device we keep in our pockets) all the insanity occurring around the globe.

i'm not saying there is any shortage of negativity or bad shit happening, but i will say i believe there is more positivity in the world than there ever has been, and more and more people become aware of it every day.

sure, the war between awareness, truth and censorship can be frightening, but that is just inevitable human nature playing out. chimp-like tribalism.

just because things are chaotic and overwhelming doesn't mean they aren't getting better.

As much as I'm baffled by this kind of statements I have to agree.

I don't live in a first world country, but each time I talk to or conceive my elders' lives I am amazed by the persistence of conjoined human effort and how far we have reached in improving our conditions, physical and spiritual and what not. Many of their lives were crushed through work since childhood and useless warfare. They wouldn't dream of spending time with friends or partners, reading books, going to concerts, travelling around, much less think about it. Idleness was a myth at best.

And yet there is a mystification of decadence hard not to fall into. I would consider myself fairly neurotypical. I go through my share of illusions and troubles as much as the dude next door. But often (e. g. yesterday when I was strolling across the city (no, I wasn't listening to BoC) and looking at passers-by's expressions) I can't evade a certain vibe of pervading gloom. Is it due to the downfall of religion and moral values? Or am I projecting my own morbidity into otherness and the world?

Anyhow, I always appreciate these posts; they lift me up. It might well be that, as Leibniz said, we live in the best of all possible worlds. Thank you.

:oops:

Our folks might have had it bad. But at least they had it. The Earth magnetic field is weakening. We have a very fragile future. Our folks may have had their petty differences, but they never faced this. The collapse is going to be sudden and hard. Many will wish for death. Governments have plans to put their populations out of misery should it become too difficult.

Eagle Minded
Governments would disband before any mass euthanization of a population out of fear of “suffering” homie, we can barely structure health care and vaccines as is, let alone a mass culling.

Posts Quantity
our future has always been "fragile"

still, doesn't mean things are worse now than they were in the dark ages.

open your eyes. humanity is expanding beyond earth. we are curing diseases, poverty has never been lower....

personally i find it hard to understand how anyone could dwell in the gloominess so much.

especially when we're seemingly so close to finding out some crazy shit about UFOs lol
"R-Worded"

Dayvan Cowboy
Myc wrote:
antennaria05 wrote:
ColinWallis wrote:it's easy for everything to seem bad in current times because we have never had the ability to be aware of (and stream live from a device we keep in our pockets) all the insanity occurring around the globe.

i'm not saying there is any shortage of negativity or bad shit happening, but i will say i believe there is more positivity in the world than there ever has been, and more and more people become aware of it every day.

sure, the war between awareness, truth and censorship can be frightening, but that is just inevitable human nature playing out. chimp-like tribalism.

just because things are chaotic and overwhelming doesn't mean they aren't getting better.

As much as I'm baffled by this kind of statements I have to agree.

I don't live in a first world country, but each time I talk to or conceive my elders' lives I am amazed by the persistence of conjoined human effort and how far we have reached in improving our conditions, physical and spiritual and what not. Many of their lives were crushed through work since childhood and useless warfare. They wouldn't dream of spending time with friends or partners, reading books, going to concerts, travelling around, much less think about it. Idleness was a myth at best.

And yet there is a mystification of decadence hard not to fall into. I would consider myself fairly neurotypical. I go through my share of illusions and troubles as much as the dude next door. But often (e. g. yesterday when I was strolling across the city (no, I wasn't listening to BoC) and looking at passers-by's expressions) I can't evade a certain vibe of pervading gloom. Is it due to the downfall of religion and moral values? Or am I projecting my own morbidity into otherness and the world?

Anyhow, I always appreciate these posts; they lift me up. It might well be that, as Leibniz said, we live in the best of all possible worlds. Thank you.

:oops:

Our folks might have had it bad. But at least they had it. The Earth magnetic field is weakening. We have a very fragile future. Our folks may have had their petty differences, but they never faced this. The collapse is going to be sudden and hard. Many will wish for death. Governments have plans to put their populations out of misery should it become too difficult.

Dayvan Cowboy
ColinWallis wrote:our future has always been "fragile"

still, doesn't mean things are worse now than they were in the dark ages.

open your eyes. humanity is expanding beyond earth. we are curing diseases, poverty has never been lower....

personally i find it hard to understand how anyone could dwell in the gloominess so much.

especially when we're seemingly so close to finding out some crazy shit about UFOs lol

I don't disagree that our future has always been fragile, but I do not agree whatsoever that "poverty has never been lower." That's a line used by the IMF, the World Bank, and other major financial institutions citing debunked statistics as an excuse to keep pushing economic globalization and austerity measures on the Global South, allowing multinationals to open sweatshops in "free trade zones," destroying the middle class, and hoovering all of the wealth to the fat cats at the top. Here's a good article covering some of these trends.

We're getting off topic here, though. Here's a quote from Marcus to tie it back to BOC.

"We're very much anti-globalization. One think that disturbs me is a trend today for technology to be created and used just for it's own sake. I recently heard a politician in the UK saying that population decline was a terrible thing and that if we don't build more houses then quality of life and the economy would suffer. It's such a naive and ignorant approach to the world. Where exactly do they stop? Once there is no land left, just industrial estates and housing? I think it's the saddest thing in the world that we have all the space and resources to give everyone a decent life, but it doesn't happen. George Bush is right in that there is an 'axis of evil', but it lies at the door of big business and government."
-Marcus in Play Twice Before Listening, 2002 interview in OOR.
Last edited by SamuraiDrifter on Tue May 17, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada