GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
I’m still partially convinced the BoC album dreams I have once or twice a year are beamed right into my skull via short wave.

Dayvan Cowboy
I've only ever had one BOC dream. They had released a teaser for a new album but when I tried to tell my friends about it they didn't believe it because "they never release music."

Eagle Minded
the only boc dream i remember is the one where they had just released twoism and i was a friend of the brothers. i was trying to get copies of their albums by nagging them but at one point the brothers disappeared, and for the rest of the dream i was asking if anyone had seen them around
yes, i would love to be free!

Dayvan Cowboy
I don't think I’ve ever had a BoC dream. Maybe I should try the art of suggestion and fall asleep while listening to MHTRTC. :D

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:I don't think I’ve ever had a BoC dream. Maybe I should try the art of suggestion and fall asleep while listening to MHTRTC. :D

you're going to have dreams about being a juror in a so called obscenity case
yes, i would love to be free!

Dayvan Cowboy
NorthSaturnian wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:I don't think I’ve ever had a BoC dream. Maybe I should try the art of suggestion and fall asleep while listening to MHTRTC. :D

you're going to have dreams about being a juror in a so called obscenity case

If i'll be told what to see and read, then it follows that i might even be told what to say or think. :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
It is time. In a few weeks there will be a clear indication of what to expect in the upcoming year. There are some ways they can build up the release. No ARG, just date drop. ARG similar to TH. Back catalogue drop with no new release. So are they going to release something on the 20th anniversary of Geo?

Eagle Minded
I really doubt they'd do an ARG again... My assumption is just an announcement of a new album coming with a date, and then revealing everything when it drops. Keep it simple, yet mysterious.

I also doubt anything will happen on Geo's 20th. I do have a strong feeling that this is the year though.
Spoiler: show
Please ignore the fact that we all feel that way every year. :?
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Boqurant
I go through cycles with this band. I'll take a break for a few months, and then come back to them; sometimes stronger than ever - obsessing over tiny track details, reading their interviews, going through bocpages, desperately hoping for a new album.

Every time I come back to them I am reminded that they truly are something special though. The amount of time and effort put into every detail, every second of sound they put out, is amazing. It's so dense and layered that I get something new every time I come back. Out of all the music that I put headphones on and close my eyes to, BoC make the music that so easily creates the most vivid scenes in my head. I don't have to really put any effort in to visualising the songs, it's as if the images are beamed directly into my brain while I'm listening.

So while I have been very keen to hear more music from them ever since TH, I appreciate that the brothers are perfectionists, and if they need the time to get it just right, then I'm happy to wait and am confident it will be worth it! Having said that... fingers crossed for 2022! Or at least something for Geogaddi's 20th, even just an interview would be nice!

Dayvan Cowboy
The Nevermen remixes appear to have been taken off of Spotify, at least regionally; they're gone on my end.

We didn't tream 'em right, I guess. Or it's just contractual nonsense behind the scenes.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Eagle Minded
rodox_head wrote:The Nevermen remixes appear to have been taken off of Spotify, at least regionally; they're gone on my end.

We didn't tream 'em right, I guess. Or it's just contractual nonsense behind the scenes.

I can't find the remix on YouTube Music here in Canada anymore, either.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Friendly Stranger
Still here in Europe.

Eagle Minded
arvy wrote:So are they going to release something on the 20th anniversary of Geo?

I'll be surprised if the 20th anniversary of Geogaddi is completely overlooked, but I think I'd be even more surprised if anything significant happened. MHTRTC is typically the landmark Boards album, so I wouldn't expect anything more than what we had for that.

Most likely scenario is Warp posts the album art on Instagram and maybe BoC like a few relevant tweets. If we're lucky, we'll get some new t-shirt designs and a poster.

Boqurant
Something will definitly happen at the 20th anniversary of Geogaddi, but more likley from warp than BOC themsleves.

However doing nothing wouldn't make a lot of sense.
"Boc is probably in the future thinking about the past" - Sean Booth 05/06/2022

https://maschtob.bandcamp.com/album/the-9th-sacred-camp

Boqurant
Biznasty wrote:I really doubt they'd do an ARG again... My assumption is just an announcement of a new album coming with a date, and then revealing everything when it drops. Keep it simple, yet mysterious.

I also doubt anything will happen on Geo's 20th. I do have a strong feeling that this is the year though.
Spoiler: show
Please ignore the fact that we all feel that way every year. :?

If the next release is a major album there will definitly be some kind of promotional ARG or stuff like that. I hardly see them releaseing something major after 9 years without any kind of teasing.
"Boc is probably in the future thinking about the past" - Sean Booth 05/06/2022

https://maschtob.bandcamp.com/album/the-9th-sacred-camp

Dayvan Cowboy
Warp has changed their banner on FB to a purple banner.

BoC + Whoopi Goldberg collaboration remake of The Colour Purple + new soundtrack incoming!!!!!
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Dayvan Cowboy
ihmeauto wrote:Still here in Europe.

This post was brought to you by NordVPN.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

New Seed
Just read a brilliant quote from Marcus at the end of a Tomorrow's Harvest interview (The Charms of the Sphinx interview). Should give us hope.

There’s no way to not call it a comeback. Question is: Is this record a new beginning or maybe the end? How does it feel for you?

Marcus: It feels like neither of those things from our perspective because we’ve always been working! We’d be making music anyway even if nobody was listening, and we’ve no intention of stopping, so this is just a continuation.

Posts Quantity
all the people who seem to enjoy being pessimistic, constantly saying how BoC are "100% finished" and other similar completely baseless and illogical claims - i guess i don't know, but those people make no sense, and they suck.

it's fine if you as an individual want to tell yourself these delusional things, but on the internet there are numerous legitimate resources easily accessed that confirm the opposite.

kind of blows my mind sometimes, the level of ignorance / laziness, while using a device that can answer almost any question you have about anything in seconds..
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
fingers crossed for a Geogaddi shirt!!
"R-Worded"

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada