GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1062
Joined: 12 Aug 2021
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
babylulu wrote:wanted to share an interesting convo i had with a member of the facebook group. he posted about owning an original boc maxima tape given to him by marcus, and a peel session cd burned by marcus as well. he posted pictures of both in the group, and mentioned going to see them live in ‘96 at The Venue. i asked him about it and he says from what he can remember they played “most of the Boc Maxima tracks” and some MHTRTC tracks. he specifically mentioned ‘Original Nlogax’. mentioned that him and Marcus were friends before and after he signed to warp, and they stayed in contact over the years. ended the convo with a cryptic "Also there will be more BOC coming"

"bonus mystery tracks" were nothing new, tracks like finity in "cd quality"

Image
Image
Image


I'm not sure you should be posting this stuff without written consent. Group conversation or not.
Image

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 97
Joined: 20 Mar 2022
Location: philly
I did get consent but okay lol
Image

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 97
Joined: 20 Mar 2022
Location: philly
All he asks is that his name is not mentioned, which I would hope none of you would go sleuthing for anyway
Image

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 102
Joined: 25 Nov 2009
Location: Tasmania, Australia
babylulu wrote:wanted to share an interesting convo i had with a member of the facebook group. he posted about owning an original boc maxima tape given to him by marcus, and a peel session cd burned by marcus as well. he posted pictures of both in the group, and mentioned going to see them live in ‘96 at The Venue. i asked him about it and he says from what he can remember they played “most of the Boc Maxima tracks” and some MHTRTC tracks. he specifically mentioned ‘Original Nlogax’. mentioned that him and Marcus were friends before and after he signed to warp, and they stayed in contact over the years. ended the convo with a cryptic "Also there will be more BOC coming"

"bonus mystery tracks" were nothing new, tracks like finity in "cd quality"

Image
Image
Image


V cool, thanks for sharing.

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1776
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Thanks for that, Babylulu. Both the eye candy and the confirmation of new BOC coming. Definitely a time to be hopeful. :)

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 83
Joined: 10 Apr 2018
Location: The Coast
How will you approach new material when it's finally released? Stream as soon as it's available? Pre-order vinyl and wait for it to arrive before listening? Interested to hear your thoughts.

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 83
Joined: 10 Apr 2018
Location: The Coast
Also, thanks for sharing that babylulu. Very cool!

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 4046
Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
whyte wrote:How will you approach new material when it's finally released? Stream as soon as it's available? Pre-order vinyl and wait for it to arrive before listening? Interested to hear your thoughts.

Pre order all. Listen digitally asap.

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 639
Joined: 23 Aug 2017
Location: planet daz
whyte wrote:How will you approach new material when it's finally released? Stream as soon as it's available? Pre-order vinyl and wait for it to arrive before listening? Interested to hear your thoughts.
Burn it to Laserdisc format. If you're not listening to music with lasers, you're living in the past, bro.
Image

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1776
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
I'll probably check out the single online but I'm going to treat the album like it's a blockbuster from the 1970s-80s and act like I bought it at a record shop.

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 97
Joined: 20 Mar 2022
Location: philly
i am still firmly in the “next release will be the box set” boat
Image

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 4046
Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Time for me to chime in with a fun theory of mine. :twisted:

Image
https://warp.net/releases

Warp just announced its 664th release. Stereolab - Pulse Of The Early Brain [Switched On Volume 5]. Release in September.

I like to do some predictions.
  • 665 - Boards of Canada - "LP5" (August, 2022)
  • 666 - Hell Interface - "Fabled Set Of Old Tunes" (August, 2022)
PS: Don't forget all this started with the Hell Interface shenanigans in April 2021. See also: timeline.

Recap:
  • July 2022: Wu-Lu
  • August 2022: BoC + Hell Interface
  • September 2022: Stereolab
A man can dream?

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Joined: 5 Jun 2021
Location: UK
babylulu wrote:Image


Dreamed I met Bibio at a house party last night and he had this CD with him. He said "there's new BoC on its way"... the dangers of reading twoism before bed.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 322
Joined: 21 Oct 2017
Location: Cold Earth
Fredd-E wrote:
whyte wrote:How will you approach new material when it's finally released? Stream as soon as it's available? Pre-order vinyl and wait for it to arrive before listening? Interested to hear your thoughts.

Pre order all. Listen digitally asap.


Yup, this. I don't think I'd be able to resist any potential leaks either, musically or otherwise. :wink:

My only rule is that first listen must be in a perfect environment. No distractions with some good equipment, whether it's at home on my speaker setup, or with nature and a good pair of headphones. If it takes a little while to hit every parameter then so be it. I'd rather wait and truly enjoy my first listen, instead of rushing in as soon as it's live.

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 4046
Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Sherbet Head wrote:My only rule is that first listen must be in a perfect environment. No distractions with some good equipment, whether it's at home on my speaker setup, or with nature and a good pair of headphones. If it takes a little while to hit every parameter then so be it. I'd rather wait and truly enjoy my first listen, instead of rushing in as soon as it's live.

I second this. Good disclaimer to the "asap" statement. :idea:

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 322
Joined: 21 Oct 2017
Location: Cold Earth
Fredd-E wrote:
Sherbet Head wrote:My only rule is that first listen must be in a perfect environment. No distractions with some good equipment, whether it's at home on my speaker setup, or with nature and a good pair of headphones. If it takes a little while to hit every parameter then so be it. I'd rather wait and truly enjoy my first listen, instead of rushing in as soon as it's live.

I second this. Good disclaimer to the "asap" statement. :idea:


Glad we're on the same page here!

I'm a sucker for forever associating albums with the first time, or the period of my life where I heard it. If those initial conditions aren't great, it will always slightly taint the album for me. It's quite annoying, but equally, it's nice when it works the other way. So far, I associate pretty much all of BoC's work with great times, so I'd like to keep it that way :D

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 315
Joined: 8 Nov 2008
Location: London
Sherbet Head wrote:
Glad we're on the same page here!

I'm a sucker for forever associating albums with the first time, or the period of my life where I heard it. If those initial conditions aren't great, it will always slightly taint the album for me. It's quite annoying, but equally, it's nice when it works the other way. So far, I associate pretty much all of BoC's work with great times, so I'd like to keep it that way :D

I remember when i broke up with my first long term girlfriend while i was at uni my best mate sent me a bunch of CD's, all bargain bucket stuff he'd picked up. He said listen to all these, because any records that you actually like that you listen to during this time will forever bring you back to this time and you won't be able to enjoy them anymore! Kind of worked. The CD's he sent were pretty awful but luckily i never have to listen to any again.
We had a dream last night. We had the same dream.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 343
Joined: 27 Jan 2021
It's going to be a great weekend. I think the new album is just about to pop or drop. It's about to board a plane to canada. Whatever. It's so freaking close that's it's unbearable for the brothers.
Everything's a drum!

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 343
Joined: 27 Jan 2021
rodox_head wrote:
whyte wrote:How will you approach new material when it's finally released? Stream as soon as it's available? Pre-order vinyl and wait for it to arrive before listening? Interested to hear your thoughts.
Burn it to Laserdisc format. If you're not listening to music with lasers, you're living in the past, bro.


This is the funniest statement I've read in awhile!

Cut it to wax. If you're not listening to music on wax cylinders, you're a fucking caveman.
Everything's a drum!

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 343
Joined: 27 Jan 2021
By the way, I tried Discord.

It made me start to think that maybe the release already happened.
Everything's a drum!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests