GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
b0qurant wrote:
rjohnny wrote:We shouldn't rule out the possibility of James being M&M trolling us :lol:

this is where my mind's at ... the shoddy recording quality, the upload on/right around MHtRtC's twentyfifth, the supposed naivete of our Discogs guy ... wouldn't surprise me at all if this was some funky ARG/marketing goofiness.

Considering TH was themed around environmental/social collapse, could LP5 be themed regarding digital communities, misinformation, the like? I'd love to see them take on those topics via an album. and this little 'leak' feels like a nice lead in to an album about internet weirdness. this feels like the most productive BoC speculation I've done in years. I almost don't care if it leads to anything.

Regardless ... loving the energy here :twisted:

It's not BOC. It's Biznasty and Niski from The Magic Window Discord server.

Eagle Minded
I knew the whole time 8)

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm kind of sad the real BOC isn't here. I want them to return.

Daft Punkers recently released a studio outtake from Random Access Memories that is totally fire and amazing. It's literally got a disco orchestra string section, a classical piano part and a Gerudo Valley spanish acoustic part. Totally mind blowing. I wish BOC would do something like that.

If not a new track, a dank outtake from Music or TH!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

New Seed
So at what stage today do I stop refreshing the https://boardsofcanada.bandcamp.com/ page? 4:20 UK time?

Boqurant
Good prank by the pranksters! I sure wonder if the amount of fakes has surpassed BoC's output by now.

Sherbet Head
would love to hear the music in full without it being a meme, hopefully biznasty isn't as much as a blue baller as BOC :roll:

Dayvan Cowboy
invisioner wrote:So at what stage today do I stop refreshing the https://boardsofcanada.bandcamp.com/ page? 4:20 UK time?

I want something for record store day sooooo bad. Just a sign that new material will be here soon!

Though having Warp acknowledge the want and need for a new album and telling us cultists to pray for a new album is pretty good in itself.

New Seed
Hi all,
Fan of BoC since the late 90s here.
When I heard Societas live on NTS, as soon as the broadcast finished I had a feeling like that was their final legacy for us or something like when a Wizard show his secrets at the end of his life and I thought "there won't be more BoC releases ever".
Like in "Cinema Paradiso" when Totó discovers all the footage that Alfredo collected during all those years.
I want to believe but it's very hard and that Societas afterparty feeling is here again.

Posts Quantity
jzurdo wrote:Hi all,
When I heard Societas live on NTS, as soon as the broadcast finished I had a feeling like that was their final legacy for us or something like when a Wizard show his secrets at the end of his life and I thought "there won't be more BoC releases ever".
Like in "Cinema Paradiso" when Totó discovers all the footage that Alfredo collected during all those years.
I want to believe but it's very hard and that Societas afterparty feeling is here again.

I see no reason as to why it would be their final farewell, considering we’ve received confirmation from a direct source that a new album is coming.

Happy Cycler
Just had a thought. Maybe the reason for the long wait is because, we are all going to get what we want afterall. Both old and new material. However, we will be getting it presented to us over a long period of time, as a long series of weird ARGs.

Maybe it is time to move beyond the traditional album release format and try some new things.

Yes, this is the reality I choose to beileve in from now on.

Dayvan Cowboy
babylulu wrote:

I see no reason as to why it would be their final farewell, considering we’ve received confirmation from a direct source that a new album is coming.

This. They liked tweets begging for new albums for years, PIC and MDG have confirmed stuff is in the works and now Warp is acknowledging the need for a new album. I don't know what more you want other than Mike and Marcus coming on video and saying, "Yes we're making a new album. No we're not done."

When is the only thing we don't know.

I also have a good feeling they're going to post a single Twitter link to the new album with no ARG. Not after all of these.

Dayvan Cowboy
btw, if anyone remember, there were also a prank right before the TH campaign:

https://www.factmag.com/2013/04/02/when ... nada-hoax/

New Seed
babylulu wrote:

Yes, but the thing is that we got that "confirmation" a couple of times before ? I mean what's that direct source? It's been a long time now... -I want to believe-

jzurdo wrote:Yes, but the thing is that we got that "confirmation" a couple of times before ? I mean what's that direct source? It's been a long time now... -I want to believe-

MDG is the direct source here. The same MDG who made sure Twoism was part of the 2013 viral marketing campaign. What more proof do people need? I’m getting tired of this. It’s not a question of if but when.

Eagle Minded
Boards of Canada add a releases page on their YouTube channel, has this been mentioned?

Eagle Minded
Was the releases section always an option on YT or something new?

Dayvan Cowboy
Nae it wasn't Davism, but Mr D James and a good pal of mine also now has a releases section.
This is a new thing I suppose for YouTube to put auto-generated 'topic' uploads into their own separate pride of place. :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote: I’m getting tired of this. It’s not a question of if but when.

When might actually be a horizon that lays beyond the lifespan of everyone here.
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Magrathea wrote:
Fredd-E wrote: I’m getting tired of this. It’s not a question of if but when.

When might actually be a horizon that lays beyond the lifespan of everyone here.

Sure grandpa. You might not make it if you keep whining like this. :D

New Seed
So June 2023 they're going to release a new album AND all of their previously unreleased to BC, is that the dream on the horizon?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada