GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
demo wrote:What other reason would they have uploaded the banner for?

To say "hello" to fans? They didn't need to do that since they where already interacting on Twitter and Instagram, so... For what other reason other than to signify a particular date, why else would they have uploaded that banner?

Seriously trying to think, is Pioneer Plaque's most significant date really the final transmission on 21/01?

Just trying to cover all bases here.

Pioneer 10 launch date: March 2nd 1972
Last telemetry: April 27th 2002

I'm not entirely sure why everyone gravitated to the final transmission date, but hey, here we are!

Dayvan Cowboy
Sherbet Head wrote:
I'm not entirely sure why everyone gravitated to the final transmission date, but hey, here we are!

I think people latched onto it because it's the same amount of time between TCH and TH and now.

But to be a Samurai Drifter's advocate, who's to say that's actually true. What release dates are we going by and how do you actually calculate that?

If it is true though, it's a damn awesome coincidence.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
What colour would we want a new record to be guys? I'm feeling another fiery red..

Friendly Stranger
Black void with some distanced stars and a few colorful planets

Eagle Minded
I'm feeling a matt black box with an embossed hexagon on the lid. Upon opening, it reveals an explosion of different colours on each of the 12LP sleeves. :lol:

Eagle Minded
frankixus wrote:Black void with some distanced stars and a few colorful planets

I was thinking the same thing, black would be a completely new theme for them

I also have a feeling (if the album is space themed) that maybe they've been working on the album since Bowie passed away.

I could even be white with a black hexagon, like Bowie's Black Star album but with a hexagon instead of a star.

Posts Quantity
I also want a black cover maybe like IABPOITC, but I would also like something similar to Play By Numbers or Twoism.
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Sherbet Head
Twentington wrote:What colour would we want a new record to be guys? I'm feeling another fiery red..

Bright screaming orange.

Friendly Stranger
Did we ever find out if the adult swim post “turn that look upside down” is connected to boc? After the december’s eclipse theory no one considered it anymore

Posts Quantity
It sounds nothing like BoC imho
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Posts Quantity
Sherbet Head wrote:I'm feeling a matt black box with an embossed hexagon on the lid. Upon opening, it reveals an explosion of different colours on each of the 12LP sleeves. :lol:

I'm liking this! If it's spaced themed i can imagine a kaleidoscope effect blackhole with a blacker than black hexagon in the centre!

My guess/hope of orange is based on current events, they've always stuck with the turquoise theme to show nostalgia like the sun on negative films. Geogaddi has a less nostalgic sound and a more heady sound, like a brain rushing to try and process a million things at once set in a very dark place - I remember reading that 9/11 had somewhat of an effect on the making of Geogaddi giving it the evil overtones (and thus turning it orange?) I wonder if the pandemic is going to do something similar on whatever BOC are working on now whether it comes out this week or in many years to come.

'There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image..'

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
Someone on Reddit pointed out we are in the Winter Hexagon asterism from December to March.

Dayvan Cowboy
Twentington wrote:What colour would we want a new record to be guys? I'm feeling another fiery red..

turquoise

Eagle Minded

Bleached white with bits of orange and turquoise hazed scenery showing through, like MBV’s cover art on Isn’t Anything.

Posts Quantity
Someone on the Reddit Speculation Thread mentioned The Video Playlist on the BOC YouTube channel was updated on 11/25, the day before Thanksgiving. I'm also just noticing the playlist starts with a video for each MHTRTC track (minus Triangles & Rhombuses and Bocuma)--is that new? It's also notable that BOC updated their playlist to have the One Got Fat EYDIAB video in the first position when they used that video as part of Cosecha Transmisiones. Now the same Wildlife Analysis they posted on IG is in the first position.

Dayvan Cowboy
Knifeyspooney wrote:Could be nothing, but Neil Krug, who did the artwork for TMH made an appreciation post to Societas x Tape on his Instagram Stories feed last night.
I've been following his work since 2013, and the only thing he ever posts is his own stuff, so this is out of character.

Theory: Neil Krug directed a space themed music video for BOC's new single...It'll drop Friday.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Friendly Stranger
Knifeyspooney wrote:Could be nothing, but Neil Krug, who did the artwork for TMH made an appreciation post to Societas x Tape on his Instagram Stories feed last night.
I've been following his work since 2013, and the only thing he ever posts is his own stuff, so this is out of character.
He also shared this photo in his stories, looks like a desert planet, very nice

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:

Theory: Neil Krug directed a space themed music video for BOC's new single...It'll drop Friday.

:lol:
Definitely within the realm of possibility. And for me, the clearest sign that something is around the bend.

Dayvan Cowboy
writetomhatcher wrote:Someone on the Reddit Speculation Thread mentioned The Video Playlist on the BOC YouTube channel was updated on 11/25, the day before Thanksgiving. I'm also just noticing the playlist starts with a video for each MHTRTC track (minus Triangles & Rhombuses and Bocuma)--is that new? It's also notable that BOC updated their playlist to have the One Got Fat EYDIAB video in the first position when they used that video as part of Cosecha Transmisiones. Now the same Wildlife Analysis they posted on IG is in the first position.

Nah, it's not new. They did that around MHTRTC's 20th anniversary.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada