GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
I always knew I was really going to like all of their songs with time when BoC found me but one that did not stick with me at first was Telephasic Workshop. For some reason, I felt pretty uncomfortable listening to that song but now it is definitely top tier on my list of favorite songs. I'll never forget the time it actually "clicked" it felt as if I was being put in some intergalactic trance. Geogaddi was pretty intimidating but now it is my favorite album fwiw.

Eagle Minded
I'm still not there on Jacquard Causeway. It's such a tough song for me to get into.

Telephasic Workshop is a great answer.

Jacquard is one of the only tracks I play outside of a full album listening.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Eagle Minded
Alpha and Omega was a bit much for the first while of listening to em, but now it totally gets me in the mood for that back half of daddi’

Eagle Minded
I have moments where I can't sit through a thorough chunk of MHTRTC but then other moments where I'm in awe the whole lp. Weirdly enough Geogaddi never freaked me out that much, and I actually find MHTRTC a bit more disorienting- though I did skip The Devils is in the Details the first time I heard it lol.

Also I don't mean to rank either album with my comments, they're both amazing. Oh yea also sometimes Gyroscope is particularly overwhelming. Bring on more disorienting stuff in the future please!

Dayvan Cowboy
NTFMTS wrote: Bring on more disorienting stuff in the future please!

The older I get, the more i like "drug music." Anything with weird sounds and textures that help expand my mind is welcome to me.

Hell, that's why BOC are my favorite band and I hope we get some truly bizarre sounds along with the classic beats and synths
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
I agree with that ^ took me until a couple years ago to get into Autechre, and I've been listening to BoC since about 2009

Eagle Minded
I want a BOC album where King Crimson samples are the main basis for composition
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Friendly Stranger
Unpopular opinion, but Dayvan Cowboy was on my shit list for the longest time...Something about it was just too upbeat and happy-go-lucky sounding (for BoC) and put me off enjoying TCH. I guess I can't say it's one of my favorites, but I've probably had the biggest change of heart with it more than any other song by them. Jacquard Causeway, on the other hand, was probably the first song on TH that really made the album click and make sense to me.
ɪɲ ʕʰɘɼɾʏ ɟȺɱɨʟʮ

"My world is your dreamworld, and vice versa. However, and as discussed, the two worlds are coming together apace. [78103301]"

"Dazzled or enlightened, he tries to understand and, at times, to expand the rules of a game he never asked to take part in, and that he is not allowed to renounce."

Eagle Minded
funnnnpng wrote:I want a BOC album

i need a boc album
yes, i would love to be free!

Dayvan Cowboy
NorthSaturnian wrote:

i need a boc album

Two dates to watch for: August 22 (Tomorrow's Harvest 8/22 picture) and the anniversary of the Pioneer's Plaque dropping last year: early September.

Probably neither will mean anything, but I thought the thread is so barren we could use some numerology :wink:

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:

i need a boc album

Two dates to watch for: August 22 (Tomorrow's Harvest 8/22 picture) and the anniversary of the Pioneer's Plaque dropping last year: early September.

Probably neither will mean anything, but I thought the thread is so barren we could use some numerology :wink:

alright, let me think
8/22 ≈ 0.36
times 70 ≈ 25.45
times the number of boc studio albums starting with the letter T ≈ 50.90
plus the number of unheard rare early albums ≈ 55.90
55.90 ≈ 55.7667, EXACTLY very close to almost the latitude of the pentland hills
8)

Dayvan Cowboy
NorthSaturnian wrote:alright, let me think
8/22 ≈ 0.36
times 70 ≈ 25.45
55.90 ≈ 55.7667, EXACTLY very close to almost the latitude of the pentland hills
8)

This is really taking me back to 2016 when Opothecary was posting. I miss his stuff and especially those times! :cry:

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
8/22 ≈ 0.36
times 70 ≈ 25.45
8)

This is really taking me back to 2016 when Opothecary was posting. I miss his stuff and especially those times! :cry:

when the world needed him most he vanished

Eagle Minded
funnnnpng wrote:I want a BOC album where King Crimson samples are the main basis for composition

This is very much a thing I would be down for

Dayvan Cowboy
NorthSaturnian wrote:
Echelon wrote:
8/22 ≈ 0.36
times 70 ≈ 25.45
8)

I could probably write that about the bros too, but I have a good feeling they're working hard somewhere and they'll answer that BOC signal one fateful day.

Eagle Minded
NTFMTS wrote:
funnnnpng wrote:I want a BOC album where King Crimson samples are the main basis for composition

This is very much a thing I would be down for

Imagine a BoC-like synth interpolating the opening guitar from Starless....
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Eagle Minded
NorthSaturnian wrote:
Echelon wrote:
8/22 ≈ 0.36
times 70 ≈ 25.45
8)

Maybe he was kidnapped and brought to The Bunker because he was getting too close to the truth :mrgreen:
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Dayvan Cowboy
They used him as the butt of numerology jokes, but now he's a mile out of Edinburgh smoking a blunt and listening to Hooper Bay, Play By Numbers and the fabled fifth album, Receiver.

Eagle Minded
drixlin wrote:Maybe he was kidnapped and brought to The Bunker because he was getting too close to the truth :mrgreen:

he was sentenced to 70 years imprisonment in the hexagon dimension

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada