GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Here’s a couple stills I grabbed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle Minded
Navaru wrote:Image
Here’s a couple stills I grabbed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i hate to be that guy... but i mean... like, just look at those stills... it really does scream BoC imo, but why on amks... and i mean i feel like they would’ve at least led us there if they had planned on doing something. but nonetheless, that really does look a lot like something they would do. just trying to connect the dots. ig anyone could just put a kaleidoscope effect on anything and it would look BoC-like
no information at this moment in time

Dayvan Cowboy
That first one looks like Geogaddi in Space haha
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant

Eagle Minded
debugDolores wrote:https://www.beatink.com/user_data/warp2020.php

oh man my favorite artist ??????? with his newest release ???? (???????).

also love that pfp

Sherbet Head

Okay. Even cynical me is thinking this could actually be something to get worked up about.

Friendly Stranger

Now that's something to look out for.

Eagle Minded
The fact that Aphex Twin is just doing a reissue makes me think that ????? isn't a new Aphex Twin album. If Warp want to go big, which that's what it sounds like, the next big name artist on that list that isnt Autechre or Oneohtrix is.... well.... BoC.

As far as I am aware, Warp dont tease albums like this, as in "?????? coming soon". If they want to hype up a fan base, I have a feeling the BoC fans are the only ones who will look at ????? and think "maybe?", there's no other artist other than Aphex Twin on Warp that I think would get worked up over some question marks. I'd hope that Warp know this.

Josh wrote:

Okay. Even cynical me is thinking this could actually be something to get worked up about.

That's because this comes straight from the source, it isn't some fake ARG crap, this is real.

My only other theory is "??????? - ????" has the same amount of characters as "autechre - SIGN", and we know we are getting TWO albums from autechre.

??????? - ????
autechre - ????

Good change that it's hinting towards that rumoured 2nd ae albums which will have a similar 4 letter title like SIGN, maybe we are getting this 2nd ae album sooner than we think

Eagle Minded
demo wrote:The fact that Aphex Twin is just doing a reissue makes me think that ????? isn't a new Aphex Twin album. If Warp want to go big, which that's what it sounds like, the next big name artist on that list that isnt Autechre or Oneohtrix is.... well.... BoC.

As far as I am aware, Warp dont tease albums like this, as in "?????? coming soon". If they want to hype up a fan base, I have a feeling the BoC fans are the only ones who will look at ????? and think "maybe?", there's no other artist other than Aphex Twin on Warp that I think would get worked up over some question marks. I'd hope that Warp know this.

Josh wrote:

That's because this comes straight from the source, it isn't some fake ARG crap, this is real.

My only other theory is "??????? - ????" has the same amount of characters as "autechre - SIGN", and we know we are getting TWO albums from autechre.
:twisted:
??????? - ????
autechre - ????

Autechre - SIGN (Remixed) :,(

also we’re getting 2 Autechre records in 2020?

Eagle Minded
Roswell wrote:
Autechre - SIGN (Remixed) :,(

also we’re getting 2 Autechre records in 2020?

We already knew we where getting 2 ae albums, and yeah Sean from autechre said that both would be released sooner than later. Someone rumoured ages ago that the next albums from them would be orange and green, they where correct about orange so the green albums is coming. I find this very similar to what they did in the past with Oversteps and Move of Ten, both released in the same year, and also used orange and green on the vinyl editions.

Autechre - WAVE as a possible title, that's kind of where my train of thought is at.

Eagle Minded
wait a damn minute. there are only 7 Question marks. Autechre is 8 letters.

Eagle Minded
Roswell wrote:wait a damn minute. there are only 7 Question marks. Autechre is 8 letters.

Well I'll be damned, you're right, I miscounted.....

Well......... put your BoC theory cards back on the table, maybe the number of question marks indicates nothing

7 question marks.
The rumours are true.

They've signed Genesis.

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
remixes "SIGN" (BRC65?) :wink:

Sherbet Head
The mystery artist must be in the top warp IDM artist group, they wouldn't tease someone unrelated amongst those peers. So who is among those peers? Plaid and Clark. But there is no way that they would be teased. Aphex fans would be "what the fuck are they hyping up Plaid for? Plaid are straight up, no fuss.
Just leaves BoC and the Ae theory. The hope would be BoC but my head would say Ae because it's never BoC.
It's the closest we've been yet though.
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
Geogandhi wrote:The mystery artist must be in the top warp IDM artist group, they wouldn't tease someone unrelated amongst those peers. So who is among those peers? Plaid and Clark. But there is no way that they would be teased. Aphex fans would be "what the fuck are they hyping up Plaid for? Plaid are straight up, no fuss.
Just leaves BoC and the Ae theory. The hope would be BoC but my head would say Ae because it's never BoC.
It's the closest we've been yet though.

I could argue Seefeel would be in their top teirs too

Sherbet Head
hmmm, nah, might be personal for you and you're right, they are as legit as the others to be up there but enough for secret hype? No. In the same way, Nightmares on wax and many others are up there with enough legitness to be considered OG warp peeps.
I don't think they'd be secretive about many artists and to only feature alongside those other 3?
Squarepusher maybe but he's not long off the boil and meant to be on tour right now for last LP and like Plaid, his releases are straight down the line.
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
Geogandhi wrote:hmmm, nah, might be personal for you and you're right, they are as legit as the others to be up there but enough for secret hype? No. In the same way, Nightmares on wax and many others are up there with enough legitness to be considered OG warp peeps.
I don't think they'd be secretive about many artists and to only feature alongside those other 3?
Squarepusher maybe but he's not long off the boil and meant to be on tour right now for last LP and like Plaid, his releases are straight down the line.

Squarepusher was meant to be touring, I feel for the guy, nearly every show he had booked was cancled because of COVID. I have a feeling labels and artists are a bit worried to release albums at this time, as touring is where the most revenue is made.

EDIT: But BoC don't tour anyway so that's not really an issue for them

Eagle Minded

I gotta say, that Autechre SIGN album cover has got to be one of the worst I've seen.

Dayvan Cowboy
The only reason I'm not ruling out BOC just yet is there's been all these teases for BOC lately.

That and why would a second Autechre album be a mystery? And if it was, why wasn't the first album a mystery too? It was just announced with no mystery.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada