GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
It's already 22-01-2021 in a lot of places.

Eagle Minded
Josh wrote:It's already 22-01-2021 in a lot of places.

Maybe they've already released something in those places
yes, i would love to be free!

New Seed
NorthSaturnian wrote:
Josh wrote:It's already 22-01-2021 in a lot of places.

Maybe they've already released something in those places

Nothing here in NZ.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
arvy wrote:Image

Horror Bay

Sounds like a RL Stine book

Amazing

Dayvan Cowboy
I think give it til the afternoon in the UK. When I wake up on the east cost of the US, that's usually when things happen.

But again, i'm not going to be disappointed if nothing happens. It's always good to be hopeful, but it's also important to be realistic. This is long past their 1996-2006 heyday and I'm sure they've got many things to worry about in this ever confusing modern world. As we all do. :)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
Could really use some new BoC this year. I miss them. I miss the feeling of discovery that comes with getting to know a new BoC release, such an awesome feeling!

Boqurant
Could someone recap the developments that have occured lately? I have had a parallel development over at this thread ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14695 ) but it appears as if there's a lot going on simultaneously in different places regarding BoC and Hexagon Sun.

Posts Quantity
"Through the darkness of future past, the magician longs to see. One chants out between two worlds, fire, walk with me..."
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Posts Quantity
No secret album drop this morning, maybe a video or clue later today? maybe we give it a bit longer and when she's safe, you'll be safe

I've been enjoying the to and through on here the last week or so as people get excited with anticipation and although i listen to BOC quite extensively my BOC consumptions been up about 30% the last few weeks so thanks guys

I do have a small confession though, i got stuck in standing traffic on the M6 north yesterday due a collision up ahead, turned the engine off but had Geogaddi playing, before i knew it the album had finished and when i went to start my car the battery had gone flat prompting a very expensive call out for recovery and a 5 hour wait in the freezing cold, Geogaddi is definitely an evil album :lol:

Eagle Minded
Like I mentioned a few pages back, it would be very out of character for Warp to announce a new release on a Friday, but of course, BoC likely have the legacy to override such conventions so it's not an impossibility.

Regardless, if we haven't heard anything by 5pm GMT, I think it would be time to accept defeat.

Eagle Minded
Someone said to keep an eye on Neil Krug's Instagram account. Well, around 6 hours ago he posted this: https://www.instagram.com/stories/neilk ... 611842820/

It's a vintage clip of a suited man driving a Mercedes around a bendy corridor, possibly from an old film or commercial. It's likely not at all BoC related but it definitely carries the same vibe. It wouldn't look out of place in any of the fanmade videos.

Does anyone recognise it? Is it out of the ordinary for Neil Krug to post something like this?

Friendly Stranger
I guess this maybe is a 1966 Mercedes Benz 250S (im no expert) License plate FMX 507.
I think it's from a movie or tv series. It has something to do with secret agents, cops, car chases etc.
Was thinking about the British tv series 'The Saint' but I couldn't find this car and actor anywhere online. I'll keep on searching.

EDIT: The tv program was later then 1966, because color tv was only available from Juli 1st 1967

Friendly Stranger
Is someone going to screenshot for a total stranger or do I actually have to make an Insta account for this

Friendly Stranger
darekH wrote:Is someone going to screenshot for a total stranger or do I actually have to make an Insta account for this

https://imgur.com/a/su0gbJZ

Here you go xx

Friendly Stranger
frankixus wrote:
https://imgur.com/a/su0gbJZ

Here you go xx

That is thrice as many as I was expecting so thank you very very much :mrgreen:

Friendly Stranger
Guys -

There is nothing happening today. There was never going to be anything that happens today. All your theories are all fun to follow but anything can be made into anything. The guys and their management and label I'm sure have a plan and no amount of sleuthing will uncover nor decode when something will get announced or released. What if there is no new music or record? What if all they have been doing is working their real jobs, being parents, and just dabbling with a few remixes? What if they are doing scores for movies or shows on netflix under another name and what if it sounds NOTHING like any of their work as BOC? Maybe the silence is something as simple as that. What if they have some tracks they like and they are still piecing things together to create a record? Maybe that's another year or two off? Maybe one day we go online and their socials have a new record posted for download and it's up to stream and a preorder for physicals? You know, just like that. Out of the blue. No fancy marketing to back it. Just, here it is. Come get it.

Go back to living and enjoying what you can in our current lives. If/When a new record comes, great. We can all be here to celebrate and pick it to pieces.

I come here once a month to see what people are talking about or looking for any new music but seeing all these weird theories you guys scrape together is weird and creepy. If I were BOC and if I saw this stuff, I'd make you wait even longer. :)

Friendly Stranger
Vaporized wrote:Guys -

There is nothing happening today. There was never going to be anything that happens today. All your theories are all fun to follow but anything can be made into anything. The guys and their management and label I'm sure have a plan and no amount of sleuthing will uncover nor decode when something will get announced or released. What if there is no new music or record? What if all they have been doing is working their real jobs, being parents, and just dabbling with a few remixes? What if they are doing scores for movies or shows on netflix under another name and what if it sounds NOTHING like any of their work as BOC? Maybe the silence is something as simple as that. What if they have some tracks they like and they are still piecing things together to create a record? Maybe that's another year or two off? Maybe one day we go online and their socials have a new record posted for download and it's up to stream and a preorder for physicals? You know, just like that. Out of the blue. No fancy marketing to back it. Just, here it is. Come get it.

Go back to living and enjoying what you can in our current lives. If/When a new record comes, great. We can all be here to celebrate and pick it to pieces.

I come here once a month to see what people are talking about or looking for any new music but seeing all these weird theories you guys scrape together is weird and creepy. If I were BOC and if I saw this stuff, I'd make you wait even longer. :)

People can speculate all they want, I personally don't feel that anything will happen today as there has been nothing in the way of evidence warranting it. Boards have always been cryptic, numerical etc. especially with the most recent release and it is bound to create this kind of speculation considering the kilograms of pot smoked by just the demographic of Boards of Canada fans daily, though.

Remember that they were probably pretty much like this as teenagers themselves, that anecdote that was pretty much confirmed about Marcus syncing up videotapes with albums saying they were made for each other when he was off his nut on "double zero".

Creepy is band stalkers and digging up personal details, a lot of people are locked down at the moment and this has basically turned into a game now - I think most people can appreciate that no one is going to be majorly disappointed if something isn't released today and these are all bits of speculation and theory.

I just don't see any harm in it personally and I don't see Boards being the types to find it weird

Posts Quantity
Agreed. This place is for speculating, not about worrying what people think, and def not a place for unsolicited life advice.

New Seed
Vaporized wrote:Guys -

I've been lurking for years, primarily for threads like these because I am not capable of discussing or understanding the art form on the level that a lot of BOC fans are. But the reason I registered was to say that this is silly. After people have been speculating for years, to show up on the day that people have been speculating about - not before, the day of -to say "it was never going to happen, there was never any need for this" is really, really silly and flies in the face of the fact that the band themselves and their history have given more than enough cause for speculation and theorizing.

It seems even sillier when you consider that you also speculated about this very day with a "maybe" back in October.
Vaporized wrote:January 22 is a Friday... so...

I mean, I know releases can happen any day of the week now but they typically happen on Friday's. So, maybe?

Anyway, just wanted to say that. Thanks for all the sleuthing and constant surveillance you guys do. I am one of the silent ones out here dying alongside you for their next album.

Posts Quantity
Cyclosa wrote:Absolutely nothing is gonna happen and y’all damn well know it.

This aged well.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada