GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:Sky and Trails I missed you!! Squid That sounds like a lovely memory I'm glad I could help bring it back!!

Tomorrow is the day 22/8/22

And in preparation for the dive I'll throw in a couple more fun facts I came across.

Definition of Apogee:
1. The highest point in the development of something; a climax or culmination.
the point in the orbit of the moon or a satellite at which it is furthest from the earth.
This reminds me of Pioneer obviously but also:
Monday, Aug. 22, 2022, at 5:53 p.m. EDT, the Moon will be at apogee, it's farthest from Earth for this orbit.

NASA’s Voyager 2 spacecraft that provided the first photographic proof of the existence of Neptune’s rings on August 22, 1989.

and lastly

In 1932 BBC begins experimental regular TV broadcasts

Obviously I'm just speculating and having fun looking into the dates and numbers .....and in the likely event that nothing BOC related happens tomorrow. I would like all of you to enjoy the day, maybe throw on your favorite BOC tune and send some positive energy to the brothers and their families! We should be grateful for the discography they have blessed us with because as artists they have never owed us anything. Lets celebrate 8/22 together
Cheers

You've got those Desired Constellations right there in front of you hexagonFox! Hey, we'll have to give you a twoism philosophers name now.

I knight you "Pythfoxgoras" for your services to numerology. :P

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:You've got those Desired Constellations right there in front of you hexagonFox! Hey, we'll have to give you a twoism philosophers name now.

I knight you "Pythfoxgoras" for your services to numerology. :P

Thank you

phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
I'm currently living in 8/22 and there's no new boc :(

Eagle Minded
demo wrote:I'm currently living in 8/22 and there's no new boc :(

Just like the Hexagons. Boards of Canada surrounds us all.
-Melissa Olson

Eagle Minded
I will blow a Hexa-load if it happens tomorrow, but only if it's in MY time zone :)
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Eagle Minded
Sky and Trails wrote:I will blow a Hexa-load if it happens tomorrow, but only if it's in MY time zone :)

Bleep posts on twitter at exactly 12:00am 8/22/22 BST. 7:00pm EST 8/21/22
Featured Album Geogaddi
can't help but mention

Eagle Minded
If that isn't proof that this forum is watched by certain people, i don't know what is.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:Bleep posts on twitter at exactly 12:00am 8/22/22 BST. 7:00pm EST 8/21/22
Featured Album Geogaddi
can't help but mention

For the love of Eris, if I turn out to be right...

3/26
rodox_head wrote:If we go with the concept of TH being the start of a new trilogy of albums, I feel like it would end up mirroring the first. The way TH is constructed like various interrupting radio broadcasts fighting for the same frequency, or cutting in and out from someone turning the dial themselves, would reflect the mixtape-esque structure of MHTRTC, which was based on more positive memories of early childhood.

Geogaddi, whilst aligning with a post 9/11 mostly coincidentally, is almost like a mental collision of ideals where we're constantly deriding ourselves over our own perceptions of good/bad, right/wrong, and real/fake. It's not so much saying we're doomed, but that things can get scary sometimes, and peace is achievable and demonstrated with the last few tracks (and I include FOSATD as the true final track as an epilogue of a sort). Alpha & Omega proposes this idea of being truly in control of our own destiny (for better or worse) before winding down into the more psychedelic and meditative side of the album.

The Campfire Headphase is like a naive, yet not wrong, sense of hope as one grows through adulthood. The pacing of the track list is calm and smooth in comparison to its predecessors. No "Sixtyten"s or "Julie and Candy"s to be found, just the soundscape of enjoying everyday life, but eventually the concept of time catches up with you. Things are changing, slowing down, you start to get a little more depressed over time, and you wonder if this is it as the internal fire starts to fade into mere smoldering embers.

So basically, I'd expect it to be a more Geogaddi approach in the next LP, and if Treat 'em Right is anything to go by, I predict the usage of dark techno, industrial sounds, possibly a heavier emphasis on percussion (the beat was incredibly similar to "Breakbeat Etiquette" by Omni Trio). "Vessel" by NIN would be an example of the kind of sound I'm thinking of. "Year Zero" was essentially NIN's "Tomorrow's Harvest".
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Boqurant
I am reminded of an evangelical preacher.

“Prepare ye the way. The second coming (LP5) is eminent!”
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw

Eagle Minded
It would be nice if the new album could "improve" on TH and add real drums, electric guitars etc. A one-song album would be cool too (or several songs that just blend into one another).

Eagle Minded
May you all have a blessed/cursed 8/22

Sherbet Head
My brain on 8/22 be like:
phpBB [media]
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Happy Cycler
Moloch wrote:It would be nice if the new album could "improve" on TH and add real drums, electric guitars etc. A one-song album would be cool too (or several songs that just blend into one another).

I was thinking something like this, too. I want them to do an album in the style of a supernatural western movie soundtrack, if that makes sense. Something dirty, gritty, and spooky. There were hints of this in TH but it would be great if they elaborated on it.

Dayvan Cowboy
tumuli_stump_jumper wrote:I am reminded of an evangelical preacher.

“Prepare ye the way. The second coming (LP5) is eminent!”

I miss Opothecary. He was the OG. That said, I love Hexagon Fox too. (Very nice guy too)

His stuff is fun. He is the Bibio to Opoth's BOC. ;)

May September prove fruitful at least! And let us be happy that BOC aren't Peter Gabriel. He's been putting off an album for 20 years, whereas BOC are only nearing 10.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
I have already prepared a resignation speech

Sherbet Head
FWIW, as cynical and pessimistic as I typically am, I actually did think there was a slight chance of something big happening today. That'll learn me.

Dayvan Cowboy
Josh wrote:FWIW, as cynical and pessimistic as I typically am, I actually did think there was a slight chance of something big happening today. That'll learn me.

I'm ready to jump on the negative train. I've officially ran out of things to post or even talk about these guys. They're cool and all, but one can only talk so much about a band that hasn't released anything (aside from some dope remixes) in ten years!

That said, it's gonna be awesome when it finally comes out and yeah, "they don't owe me anything." I simply hope I'll be around when it finally comes out!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
preparation for a dive.

Eagle Minded
phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:I have already prepared a resignation speech

Echelon wrote:
Josh wrote:FWIW, as cynical and pessimistic as I typically am, I actually did think there was a slight chance of something big happening today. That'll learn me.

I'm ready to jump on the negative train. I've officially ran out of things to post or even talk about these guys. They're cool and all, but one can only talk so much about a band that hasn't released anything (aside from some dope remixes) in ten years!

That said, it's gonna be awesome when it finally comes out and yeah, "they don't owe me anything." I simply hope I'll be around when it finally comes out!
Dropping my usual chaotic front here to say that this was actually really depressing to read.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada