GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
funnnnpng wrote:Maybe let's start from the very beginning. See where everything connects from all our past knowledge to the hints they've been dropping.

Do we have a timeline of the past 6 months or so of activity?
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Boqurant
phpBB [media]

Question about this video: can anyone decipher what those blue/green things in the top right of the frame are? I'm assuming they're letters that got cropped out...?

Edit: Open it on the YouTube website to see it.

Eagle Minded
NorthernPlastics wrote:
phpBB [media]

Question about this video: can anyone decipher what those blue/green things in the top right of the frame are? I'm assuming they're letters that got cropped out...?

It's the watermark of the app they used to make the deepfake
https://wombo.ai/
yes, i would love to be free!

Eagle Minded
Biznasty wrote:
funnnnpng wrote:Maybe let's start from the very beginning. See where everything connects from all our past knowledge to the hints they've been dropping.

Do we have a timeline of the past 6 months or so of activity?

Like, the previous ~200 pages of this thread, hahahahaha, sorry...I'll see myself out to the blackness of the void. :mrgreen:
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Boqurant
Just as a curiosity the video goes turquoise when inverted..

Probably just another coincidence.. I'm just trying to exhaust my mind out of ideas

Eagle Minded
Smart thinking on the color invert

Dayvan Cowboy
Jango9 wrote:A few quick things that just popped into my brain that I'd like everyone to consider:

-While the HI Whitney remix that surfaced a while back was indeed fake, there was a shred of truth about it in that this infamous "Top 10 Picks" list from the brothers did indeed have "Hell Interface - How Will I Know?" on it. This was almost certainly the seed that eventually grew into that "demon whitney houston" profile pic

-The name they chose for that entry is pretty meta in and of itself considering the nebulous nature of this list and the songs on it seeming to be mostly nonexistent but also there still being a shred of possibility that they actually exist and as well as an even smaller shred of possibility that they're the names of unreleased material from the brothers. "How will I know... if this is bogus or not?"

-That same list also mentioned an "Orphel Binuswade", the name that New Clear Dawn was registered under. New Clear Dawn is yet another thing nebulously connected to hexagon sun that seems to exist for no other reason than to confuse everyone but could also be significant in some way that we can't see yet.

-In 1999 (as far as I know) nobody outside their inner circle knew about the Old Tunes compilations, or by extension the song Magic Teens that they referenced on the list. Who knows how many of the other entries are inside jokes and how many are just random nonsense?

-Think about the name "Tomorrow's Harvest" as well as a lot of the general themes surrounding it (particularly the track name "New Seeds"). Now consider how much of the recent goings-on that directly ties back into things done years or decades ago. Could it be that TH was indeed "planting seeds" for whatever it is they're foreshadowing now and the two projects will be in some way related?

-As SamuraiDrifter mentioned about 10-20 pages ago it seems as though BoC are exploring the territory of reality vs. unreality and the nebulous nature of the information we come across every day, particularly in relation to them and their music. This is amplified even more by the last major music thing with their name on it being the Societas X Tape, which seems to delve even farther into those themes ("I'm living in a time where people's words don't mean a thing", the complete and utter lack of labels on anything besides the name of the tape). Who else thinks this will be explored farther on the next release?

on 'Smoke Shoveling Song', the Incredible String Band wrote:"What do you think you have going here, some kind of a joke?"

I dig all this deep thinking and I'm sure that the bros and the handlers will appreciate this kind of thought too.

I do agree that this is a major campaign in confusion and disorientation. And it's weird that some of the actual activity now mirrors some of the numerology of Opothecary (We actually got activity on a date corresponding to the Pioneer's Plaque) and possible red herrings like Catherine Fell. (The "I Feel Good" video and the parody video.)

What's going on gives me a similar vibe to the fact that you cannot trust any news outlets because they now reflect their own ideology rather than actual fact. We don't know who to trust anymore, and it's the same with BOC. That might be why all the main activity comes from their mirror, evil twin Hell Interface.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Happy Cycler
funnnnpng wrote:Everyone like until 666! We're not far away from it

I will happily sacrifice goats and sing songs backwards until the cows come home, but there is NO WAY I will sign up for facebook again!

Boqurant
Has something emerged from hellinterface.com so far?

Dayvan Cowboy
dolochov wrote:Has something emerged from hellinterface.com so far?

I can imagine they're getting a lot of hits lately XD
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Is anyone taking this quote from that Reddit poster more seriously now?

"Announcement on February 27th which will coincidence with the new moon. This full moon was known by early Native American tribes as the "Snow Moon" because the heaviest snows usually fell during this time of the year. Since hunting is difficult, this moon has also been known by some tribes as the Hunger Moon, since the harsh winters made hunting a challenge. The album will be released in April, preceded by one song from the album which will be released two weeks prior. Album artwork will be black, with a single logo of Boards Of Canada at the top, rather small. The font and style is very similar to the one found on the Trans Canada Highway EP. The track titles will be reminiscent of the theme of space, the need to escape Earth and start again. I do not know the album title. I do not know any of the track titles, but I know there are 17 of them and the album will host the brothers' longest song to date, topping nearly ten minutes. Eagle-eared listeners will catch snippets of Tomorrow's Harvest in there, but not like melodies or re-used samples. It's hard to explain, but if you know that album well there will be moments that will make you think "I'm sure I've heard this before."

Davism wrote:Is anyone taking this quote from that Reddit poster more seriously now?

"Announcement on February 27th which will coincidence with the new moon. This full moon was known by early Native American tribes as the "Snow Moon" because the heaviest snows usually fell during this time of the year. Since hunting is difficult, this moon has also been known by some tribes as the Hunger Moon, since the harsh winters made hunting a challenge. The album will be released in April, preceded by one song from the album which will be released two weeks prior. Album artwork will be black, with a single logo of Boards Of Canada at the top, rather small. The font and style is very similar to the one found on the Trans Canada Highway EP. The track titles will be reminiscent of the theme of space, the need to escape Earth and start again. I do not know the album title. I do not know any of the track titles, but I know there are 17 of them and the album will host the brothers' longest song to date, topping nearly ten minutes. Eagle-eared listeners will catch snippets of Tomorrow's Harvest in there, but not like melodies or re-used samples. It's hard to explain, but if you know that album well there will be moments that will make you think "I'm sure I've heard this before."

No, that’s bogus.

Eagle Minded
How do you know? I mean, I think you’re probably right...

Happy Cycler
Davism wrote:How do you know? I mean, I think you’re probably right...

Well past Feb 27th for one thing.

Eagle Minded
A fake news campaign, I can dig it

Eagle Minded
Davism wrote:Is anyone taking this quote from that Reddit poster more seriously now?

Maybe the brothers planted this as false information to coincide with the fake news theme of recent events
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Boqurant
If we're willing to get a little biblical, here (historically biblical, not...worshipping, or anything), we can look at some definitions that can relate to Sheol Boundary. Sheol is the Hebrew word for the darkness following death, and this word was the source of Hades in the Greek translation. This I think we have established (sheol=hell). Boundary is simply a synonym for interface. Boundary, however, can hold a wildly different connotation in relation to the afterlife. Limbo comes from the latin, "limbus," meaning "edge," or "boundary." Basically, purgatory, or limbo, is the boundary of hell, or the Sheol Boundary...or the Hell Interface; as in, the band is currently in limbo. This is just an interesting interpretation I've been thinking about, although it could have the unfortunate implication that the band doesn't really exist right now.

Boqurant
An interesting tidbit - the account behind the 'What I Know' post is gone. https://www.reddit.com/user/chant-erelle

I'm not 100% sure, so someone should clarify, but wouldn't it say if the user had deleted the account themselves? The link to his profile is now just a dead end. Strange

Boqurant
Echelon wrote [/quote]

I dig all this deep thinking and I'm sure that the bros and the handlers will appreciate this kind of thought too.

I do agree that this is a major campaign in confusion and disorientation. And it's weird that some of the actual activity now mirrors some of the numerology of Opothecary (We actually got activity on a date corresponding to the Pioneer's Plaque) and possible red herrings like Catherine Fell. (The "I Feel Good" video and the parody video.)

What's going on gives me a similar vibe to the fact that you cannot trust any news outlets because they now reflect their own ideology rather than actual fact. We don't know who to trust anymore, and it's the same with BOC. That might be why all the main activity comes from their mirror, evil twin Hell Interface.[/quote]

This!^^^
Last edited by tumuli_stump_jumper on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw

Sherbet Head
This is getting way too Qanon for me.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada