GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Whoops, didn't mean to double post...
Last edited by demo on Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
Oh shit, they actually released new music!!!
Today is a good day, I treat BoC remixes as if they are their own thing since their remixes are always fantastic, their Good Friday remix is one of my favourite songs ever.

Here's a Spotify link
https://open.spotify.com/track/3ERefPtd ... l_branch=1

Posts Quantity
Treat Em Right and toss $1.29 their way at iTunes 8) https://music.apple.com/au/album/treat- ... 1571339900

Dayvan Cowboy
Imagine we actually get more from them? WIshful thinking, knowing their track record with remixes of course, but perhaps this might be only the beginning ;)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
its up on spotify in the US now. awesome track

Eagle Minded
weird cover lol… $100 bill? the signature on the bill is “Boards of Canada”
no information at this moment in time

Sherbet Head
buzzed analysis: album art and lyrics are highly relevant with this one. "treat em like a prostitute" and the album art really evoke some "26 mixes for cash" vibes to me. it's obvious that BoC love Nevermen, but it seems like they might be making a statement with this release. either way, i love the guitar-driven funky vibes.

Posts Quantity
Sounds as seedy as the lyrics!

Just glad they're definitely still up to something

Dayvan Cowboy
northernlite wrote:buzzed analysis: album art and lyrics are highly relevant with this one. "treat em like a prostitute" and the album art really evoke some "26 mixes for cash" vibes to me. it's obvious that BoC love Nevermen, but it seems like they might be making a statement with this release. either way, i love the guitar-driven funky vibes.

In need of some extra cash to help them finish their new album? ;)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:
northernlite wrote:buzzed analysis: album art and lyrics are highly relevant with this one. "treat em like a prostitute" and the album art really evoke some "26 mixes for cash" vibes to me. it's obvious that BoC love Nevermen, but it seems like they might be making a statement with this release. either way, i love the guitar-driven funky vibes.

In need of some extra cash to help them finish their new album? ;)

I'd make it rain for BOC anyday :D

Boqurant
Here here! Good track. Hear some "open the light" in there... so glad they are alive and well.

New Seed
This is truly amazing to wake up to, what a buzz! Personally I love the track, and yet again their remixes stand out as being individual beasts in their own right. After months of refreshing tabs and aimlessly scrolling for new material I can't quite believe we have something in 2021!

Does anyone else think it's a real continuation of the Societas X sound? So funky wow. Happy Friday all!

Eagle Minded
writetomhatcher wrote:It's a great day, y'all! Just gotta smile and replay this track for the foreseeable future. The production is really slick, like if Trans Canada Highway met Gaucho-era Steely Dan. The way the soundscape swells at the end and the subtle scattering of sounds is gonna have me hooked for a while.

On the speculation side of things, I think this could be that official BOC clue we've been looking for! The Open the Light Sample, the fact that this track is coming out 1,998 days after the Mr. Mistake Remix, and the fact that MHTRTC came out in 1998. Not to mention the signature 4:20 runtime...

Dang, did you come up with all those numbers? Well done, dood.

Friendly Stranger
This release really threw me off.

Hope we'll get a serious release soon.
Until then, later guys.

Eagle Minded
Per the "1,998 days between this song and Mr. Mistake" and "Open the Light sample from MHTRTC 1998 release": it's hard to ignore the numerology here. Anyone else feeling this puts more stock into their "likes" over the last year when people asked for a new album? They obviously wouldn't drop a new album before this remix came out, especially if they were waiting 1,998 days between songs. Maybe their "likes" really are confirmation that something is on the horizon, but we just have to wait.... a little longer.

Posts Quantity
Yeah I can’t help but feel the likes lined up with this. I was curious about how long it had been since the last Mr. Mistake remix, so I googled it. There is definitely a mystery to this new remix, and I think it might just be the beginning. I’m now wondering if something might come out 1998 days after the Sisters remix?

Friendly Stranger
writetomhatcher wrote:It's a great day, y'all! Just gotta smile and replay this track for the foreseeable future. The production is really slick, like if Trans Canada Highway met Gaucho-era Steely Dan. The way the soundscape swells at the end and the subtle scattering of sounds is gonna have me hooked for a while.

On the speculation side of things, I think this could be that official BOC clue we've been looking for! The Open the Light Sample, the fact that this track is coming out 1,998 days after the Mr. Mistake Remix, and the fact that MHTRTC came out in 1998. Not to mention the signature 4:20 runtime...

The runtime is 4:14. (atleast on spotify)

But! in 1998 MHTRTC has been released on the 20th of April. aka 4-20.

Exactly 1998 days after last release.
Open The Light sampled, from 1998.

in 40 days theres 1998 days between the sisters release and the day were at.
Hmmm.
Last edited by frankixus on Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity
Yeah the runtime on the video posted on Reddit was 4:20. But the other coincidences still pique my interest!

Posts Quantity
This is a solid, solid remix, damn!

As others have said, I hope this is a sign of things to come, but who knows.

Posts Quantity
Loving the remix, of course!!

I always wondered if the timing of the recent remixes had some sort of significance. For those curious, the Sisters Remix came out on 2/22/2016. 1998 days after that date is August 12, 2021–-just around the bend! They’ve always been one step ahead of us, but this could be the kind of clue we’ve been waiting for!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada