GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Yeah Biz, I realize they most likely weren't following the PP dates. Just going down the checklist of all the possibilities we've conjured up.

Ryetronics, I'm with you, but there have been some many rumors (via reddit and here) that has lead to a lot of smoke, MDG being the latest and most important. I'd say there is reason to anticipate a new album sooner than later and I'd be surprised if nothing drops in the next year or so.

demo, I'm a painter and I believe it's very important for artists to have the prerogative to create work under the premise that it will never be shown to the public; the opportunity to experiment and make "bad" work free of outside criticism is necessary for growth.... that said, it's selfish to decide to never share again. Art/creation is meant to be a shared experience.

Sherbet Head
ryetronics wrote:Is anyone a fan of the novelist Cormac McCarthy? I feel like his approach to his work is very similar to BOC. He hadn't released a book since his Pulitzer-winning novel The Road back in 2007 or so, he doesn't do interviews (only a scant few) and he doesn't communicate with his fanbase. Then, out of the blue earlier this year, news released that he was releasing a novel called The Passenger. This was a book he had been rumored to be working on since the 1970's. But not just that... a 2nd book that is heavily linked to the first would come out a month later. It blew everyone away but in that time between The Road and these new ones, very similar conversations as in this thread were happening.

Point being, some artists don't have a logical reason (to us, at least) why it takes them so long to release things, but that's just the way they handle their work. Some artists truly don't take into account what we think or want because it's not important to them and their work. I think we see that on display with BOC.

So, the moral of the story is, cherish what they have released and be patient for what they have yet to release. Anything else is just conjecture and unneeded worry.

Yes, I definitely see the similarities. As a Cormac McCarthy fan, this has been an amazing year. Two new (excellent) novels and even a couple of interviews. And yeah, like BoC, McCarthy doesn't give a damn what his audience is expecting or what other novelists are doing to stay relevant. He just writes, hangs out with scientists -- not other writers -- and puts his work out when he feels it's ready. Sixteen years passed between The Road and The Passenger, so yeah, McCarthy fans are a patient lot. Hopefully, us BoC fans will have our patience rewarded soon.

Dayvan Cowboy
ryetronics wrote:Is anyone a fan of the novelist Cormac McCarthy? I feel like his approach to his work is very similar to BOC. He hadn't released a book since his Pulitzer-winning novel The Road back in 2007 or so, he doesn't do interviews (only a scant few) and he doesn't communicate with his fanbase. Then, out of the blue earlier this year, news released that he was releasing a novel called The Passenger. This was a book he had been rumored to be working on since the 1970's. But not just that... a 2nd book that is heavily linked to the first would come out a month later. It blew everyone away but in that time between The Road and these new ones, very similar conversations as in this thread were happening.

Point being, some artists don't have a logical reason (to us, at least) why it takes them so long to release things, but that's just the way they handle their work. Some artists truly don't take into account what we think or want because it's not important to them and their work. I think we see that on display with BOC.

So, the moral of the story is, cherish what they have released and be patient for what they have yet to release. Anything else is just conjecture and unneeded worry.

I honestly agree with this so much. We might end up getting more than we bargained for when they come back. This might be a new phase in their career where they start being open again in interviews and releasing stuff from the vaults and all that kind of stuff.

We do know that something is coming at least and that should be solace in itself for people who treat them as their favorite band.

And to add another anecdote, the non IDMer ex Genesis member, Peter Gabriel is finally releasing an album he had been telling us about for 20 years! His last album, Up was in 2002!
Imagine being told to sit tight since 2003. As someone who got into progressive rock through Genesis, this is almost as big to me as BOC and the sample of the new album he released sounds great.

I think we can handle ten years for sure!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:And to add another anecdote, the non IDMer ex Genesis member, Peter Gabriel is finally releasing an album he had been telling us about for 20 years! His last album, Up was in 2002!
Imagine being told to sit tight since 2003. As someone who got into progressive rock through Genesis, this is almost as big to me as BOC and the sample of the new album he released sounds great.

I think we can handle ten years for sure!

Word for word, on the new Gabriel record! Glad to hear some 'input' about his 'output' here. :lol:

Boqurant
Davism wrote:I think what's frustrating is that we are running out of reasons for the "delay." Record production is caught up now, right? There are no other reasons for production delay, right? We've exhausted the pioneer plaque dates, right? Makes me wonder if they scrapped a previous ARG and planned a new one, for whatever reason.

Everytime someone posts here they keep delaying by 1 week :twisted:

But in all seriousness, imo i think they got anxious by TH poor reception and are trying to make a perfect album that not one wouldn't be happy with. (i don't mean that in the sense that they are making music that can only appeal to what be like, eg making a music has the right to children clone, but that whatever they are doing needs to be absolutly flawless)

I hope they don't tumble into dev hell...
"Boc is probably in the future thinking about the past" - Sean Booth 05/06/2022

https://maschtob.bandcamp.com/album/the-9th-sacred-camp

Eagle Minded
μasch wrote:
Davism wrote:imo i think they got anxious by TH poor reception and are trying to make a perfect album that not one wouldn't be happy with.

Genuinely, I don't think they give a f**k about what anyone thinks about their music but them. Anything else is a bonus.

Posts Quantity
hexagonFox wrote:HI

Any one else seen this channel.
Could be troll?

https://www.youtube.com/@angelapollyon3610/

Reminds me of our beloved

https://www.youtube.com/@AtalantaFugiens/

best,

Xofnogoxeh

All videos of Angel Apollyon are now privated and in about section there is this link:
https://web.archive.org/web/20050213235 ... onsun.com/

Sherbet Head
Enough fake news

Eagle Minded
Real news is sad

Eagle Minded
Nothing is being released until the summer. I feel like i'm on a ship with all of you trying to discover the northwest passage and we're almost out of food.

I can't tell you how much the Dr. Who intro is so deeply imbedded into my childhood memory.... perhaps the best intro to a TV show ever? This has to be part of the broz inspiration.

My favorite iteration is from 2:05 - 2:36.

phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
https://www.youtube.com/@neinuoy

"soon" ... never forget

also some one save this video
phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head
Does anyone remember telling or being told by a sibling to 'look sad' in order to manipulate the parents

Sherbet Head
luminousdusk wrote:Does anyone remember telling or being told by a sibling to 'look sad' in order to manipulate the parents

Not 'look sad', but definitely 'can you go ask because if I ask they'll say no'

Sherbet Head
steeldancer-x wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:Does anyone remember telling or being told by a sibling to 'look sad' in order to manipulate the parents

Not 'look sad', but definitely 'can you go ask because if I ask they'll say no'

Haha yeah that sounds familiar too. It's once they do say no that's when it's time to look sad lol

I guess I should have looked sad when the lake Dolores ad was on and my parents might have let me go!

Eagle Minded
https://www.youtube.com/@satanmegadrive/playlists

is this anything.

or any one of you followers of Hexagon Fun?

Sonic Head Nods

Eagle Minded
Fuel the confusion, burn it down

Sherbet Head
Worm time

steeldancer-x wrote:Worm time

Sherbet Head
We need to launch an air strike on that bloody VHS tape

luminousdusk wrote:We need to launch an air strike on that bloody VHS tape

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada