GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
The one thing I will admit is that as depressing as the climate is now, the music release climate is the opposite. Ironically I wake up excited to hear of more big arty bands and artists releasing more stuff. Everyday the elusive Cure, MBV and BOC albums seem ever closer as all their peers throw their hats in the ring.

I guess darkness breeds inspiration from the artists within us :D
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Also, I'm not sure if anyone else hears it but the opening track of the Radiohead side project begins sounding quite a bit like New Seeds! I know Thom is a fan and you don't know how nice it sounds to hear a potential reference/influence from TH :D

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Also, I'm not sure if anyone else hears it but the opening track of the Radiohead side project begins sounding quite a bit like New Seeds! I know Thom is a fan and you don't know how nice it sounds to hear a potential reference/influence from TH :D

good catch! I thought the same
bro all 3 NYC shows sold out :( .. so sad
such a good record

Eagle Minded
BoC will do the soundtrack to the remake of Flight of the Navigator. It WILL happen.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:Also, I'm not sure if anyone else hears it but the opening track of the Radiohead side project begins sounding quite a bit like New Seeds! I know Thom is a fan and you don't know how nice it sounds to hear a potential reference/influence from TH :D

Just started listening to this album. Holy shit it's good!

Eagle Minded
The only possible explanation...

Heard from the Horizon Radar

Boqurant
HudMo either 29th July or 13th August because Bleep have given both as release dates

Dayvan Cowboy
I retain a sliver of hope for the 666th release. We're at 665 now so the next one shall be the length of Geogaddi ;)

I hope even if it isn't BOC they at least pick someone else who is evil. Like OPN or the Analord himself haha

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:I retain a sliver of hope for the 666th release. We're at 665 now so the next one shall be the length of Geogaddi ;)

I hope even if it isn't BOC they at least pick someone else who is evil. Like OPN or the Analord himself haha

the day is advancing ....we may experience... soon

Eagle Minded
It's coming so frigging soon, man!
We are literally hours away now!
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Eagle Minded
I think if #666 was BoC, we would be seeing some more strange activity from them right about now.

Something tells me, we're going to have to... all together now...

Give it a bit longer

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:I think if #666 was BoC, we would be seeing some more strange activity from them right about now.

Give it a bit longer
You're a madman, Wongburger!.. I mean demo!
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:I think if #666 was BoC, we would be seeing some more strange activity from them right about now.

Give it a bit longer

Unless it's a surprise drop of course. I haven't ruled that out since it's BOC. I kind of get the impression that BOC are so big that they could Radiohead us and announce or drop something a few days in advance.

Eagle Minded
demo wrote:Give it a bit longer

Heard from the Horizon Radar

New Seed
Hello! Ive never messaged anyone or posted anything on here before so i hope this doesnt offend. For the past 3 months ive been trying too not look into BOC and just learn more about 60s-70s -80s bands until they throw something out there. While doing so I came across Sequoia Old Tape that I guess aired 2/22/2022 which has The Incredible String Band then goes into extremely well made BOC videos too like 8 or so songs and I know at least one of the songs Ive never heard. So I ended up too my knees in BOC once again. I dont wanna post the links on here and it get me in any kind of trouble. Can anyone messagae me and fill me in on these few interesting and mysterious videos? Ill send the links happily when someone gets back too me. Cheers!

Dayvan Cowboy
MicroDave23 wrote:Hello! Ive never messaged anyone or posted anything on here before so i hope this doesnt offend. For the past 3 months ive been trying too not look into BOC and just learn more about 60s-70s -80s bands until they throw something out there. While doing so I came across Sequoia Old Tape that I guess aired 2/22/2022 which has The Incredible String Band then goes into extremely well made BOC videos too like 8 or so songs and I know at least one of the songs Ive never heard. So I ended up too my knees in BOC once again. I dont wanna post the links on here and it get me in any kind of trouble. Can anyone messagae me and fill me in on these few interesting and mysterious videos? Ill send the links happily when someone gets back too me. Cheers!

Nice first post. Welcome! :)

We have a few tidbits of info about Sequoia Old Tape, be sure to read the dedicated topic for the tape. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15009

After an abrupt deletion, It was also kindly reuploaded to YouTube by oakmoss&amber.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ7J2BJXJU8

And page 924, 925 and 926 of this topic had the live hijinks and reactions as it was being streamed. :wink:

Friendly Stranger
hate to be the downer, but I wouldn't hold my breath for the 666. If anything its a bit too cliche for them, but who knows-- I shall try to remain optimistic.
Ooooo, it's pink!

Sherbet Head
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
MicroDave23 wrote:Hello! Ive never messaged anyone or posted anything on here before so i hope this doesnt offend. For the past 3 months ive been trying too not look into BOC and just learn more about 60s-70s -80s bands until they throw something out there. While doing so I came across Sequoia Old Tape that I guess aired 2/22/2022 which has The Incredible String Band then goes into extremely well made BOC videos too like 8 or so songs and I know at least one of the songs Ive never heard. So I ended up too my knees in BOC once again. I dont wanna post the links on here and it get me in any kind of trouble. Can anyone messagae me and fill me in on these few interesting and mysterious videos? Ill send the links happily when someone gets back too me. Cheers!

Nice first post. Welcome! :)

We have a few tidbits of info about Sequoia Old Tape, be sure to read the dedicated topic for the tape. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15009

After an abrupt deletion, It was also kindly reuploaded to YouTube by oakmoss&amber.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ7J2BJXJU8

And page 924, 925 and 926 of this topic had the live hijinks and reactions as it was being streamed. :wink:

definitely a fan-project though, yeah?

Eagle Minded
raybshot wrote:hate to be the downer, but I wouldn't hold my breath for the 666. If anything its a bit too cliche for them, but who knows-- I shall try to remain optimistic.

Agreed. I don't think they'd be that obvious and I also don't think they particularly want to be associated with satanism.

Eagle Minded
Wildfire wrote:
raybshot wrote:hate to be the downer, but I wouldn't hold my breath for the 666. If anything its a bit too cliche for them, but who knows-- I shall try to remain optimistic.

Agreed. I don't think they'd be that obvious and I also don't think they particularly want to be associated with satanism.

It would make perfect sense if it was a Hell Interface release, I'd be so down for that.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada