GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm over all fakes and args. Only sites I'm going to believe is BOCs twitter and Warp.

I think it's funny that BOC did an arg and now people have been copying it for years. I highly doubt they're going to do one again especially in light of all this. It's time to bring on something new
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
I found the song, he uses that instrumental but there are vocals. Not sure who made the instrumental but whoever it is it probably is not BoC

Boqurant
Well, Stargate is a bust. They just said it has nothing to do with a new release. https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc2S6teOvFJ ... _copy_link

Posts Quantity
NorthernPlastics wrote:Well, Stargate is a bust. They just said it has nothing to do with a new release. https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc2S6teOvFJ ... _copy_link

To quote the great Mark Corrigan

"Please don't shit on my dreams. I don't want shit on my dreams"

:(

Dayvan Cowboy
Twentington wrote:
NorthernPlastics wrote:Well, Stargate is a bust. They just said it has nothing to do with a new release. https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc2S6teOvFJ ... _copy_link

To quote the great Mark Corrigan

"Please don't shit on my dreams. I don't want shit on my dreams"

:(

Captain corrigan is NOT flying without a licence this time. :(

Posts Quantity
it could be a misdirect... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Dayvan Cowboy

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:I'm over all fakes and args. Only sites I'm going to believe is BOCs twitter and Warp.

I think it's funny that BOC did an arg and now people have been copying it for years. I highly doubt they're going to do one again especially in light of all this. It's time to bring on something new

We are kind of setting ourselves up for all those fakes with the rabid ache for news and new material. (or old dusty crappy-o material for that matter). It really is a warning sign that the system is busted.

Nature does not react when not pressured to
Trolls do not react when not finding pleasure in it :D
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Captain corrigan is NOT flying without a licence this time. :(

Hey, could still be true if they put out the unheard albums, they technically be a *re*release ;)

I'm trolling ofc, it's probably gonna be a retrospective or anniversary thing.

Eagle Minded
Here's a thought...What else could the content possibly be, if it's BOC in this zine?
How could BOC possibly be a topic or an article or whatever if it isn't at least an interview, right?

If it's a new interview then they could do the fans a LOT of good by clearing a few things up.

There aren't enough fans to warrant them using the BOC brand to "sell copies" so why put their name on the cover?
Why put it second?

They are either simply talking about BOC or talking TO them.

I'm sorry for how poorly constructed this whole reply is.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm looking on the brightside.
Whatever it is, I'll be just as interested reading it as a puff piece as if I was reading an interview.

I'm not really Rik Mayall in that gif on the other page right now. I'll be keeping my positive outlook in regards to Boards of Canada. :D

Negamuse wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Captain corrigan is NOT flying without a licence this time. :(

Hey, could still be true if they put out the unheard albums, they technically be a *re*release ;)

I'm trolling ofc, it's probably gonna be a retrospective or anniversary thing.

Exactly. :)
As well, I do think we'll all read it, no matter which of those it is.

Posts Quantity
no matter what, we can all agree on one thing about this issue of Stargate zine...

the cover goes hard as fuck

Dayvan Cowboy
Magrathea wrote:
Echelon wrote:I'm over all fakes and args. Only sites I'm going to believe is BOCs twitter and Warp.

We are kind of setting ourselves up for all those fakes with the rabid ache for news and new material. (or old dusty crappy-o material for that matter). It really is a warning sign that the system is busted.

Definitely a good idea to tune out and not expect anything then. Because I've hit peak fake! Plenty of other good music out there :)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Maybe they want to talk about entropy, or cyclicity. The Earth may not be a flat circle, but time is. I'm honestly not interested in an unrelated piece talking about how great Geogaddi is, I burned myself out on that back in high school.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
Magrathea wrote:

Definitely a good idea to tune out and not expect anything then. Because I've hit peak fake! Plenty of other good music out there :)

Peak Fake!

I love it!
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Eagle Minded
It will either be a retrospective, or an old interview they got a licence to reprint, I wouldn't expect a brand new interview at this point.

Eagle Minded
Welp, there goes that then. Back into hibernation for me.

Eagle Minded
It will end up being a typo. They meant to write "Bored in Canada: a guide to the most relaxing places in the Northwest Territories"

Posts Quantity
While this interview might not have any information about a release, if it even is an interview, it is a very good sign. They could possibly be doing a new press junket for an upcoming release, which is not a matter of if but when (if we can take the recent social media activity as a sign of anything)

Eagle Minded
babylulu wrote:While this interview might not have any information about a release, if it even is an interview, it is a very good sign. They could possibly be doing a new press junket for an upcoming release, which is not a matter of if but when (if we can take the recent social media activity as a sign of anything)

And I have wondered if they have already done the press and were waiting on the album to be pressed.
How old could this potential interview be?
How much other press have they done and when do they usually do press when an album is ready?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada