GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Nottoolate wrote:Anyone able to figure out if the pop ups are happening anywhere else? I can't imagine they'd limit it to only Japan for such an event like their 30 year anniversary... unless something really big is going to happen that they haven't alluded to yet. I guess we'll wait for Warp's official statement

Well, as Japan's day is significantly earlier than Europe's or the US, let's see if in a few hours we don't get a similar message.
There is a chance this could just be a Japan exclusive, though.

Keep in mind that a lot of BoC's releases had tracks specifically for Japanese markets and nowhere else.
It kind of fits in with that. We will get to see/hear it, whatever it is, though. I am sure.

Dayvan Cowboy
Didn't Boards once play a show at a cathedral in Japan in/around the Geogaddi era, or am I just making that up?

Also, I used to live in Japan, but I think the only other member who may be in Japan is hexagon son and I'm not sure if he posts here anymore. He might be a good person to inquire with.

Edit_ I think maybe it was a release party of some sort. I'm at work and can't look it up.

Dayvan Cowboy
^ dp, I looked it up and a listening party for the newly released Geogaddi took place in Tokyo, but also in a lot of European cities and NYC.

Also, there is a Warp live set in Birmingham (UK) tomorrow. Boards not on the bill though obviously. I think the chances of BoC not being involved in some way with the 30th anniversary are low, though.

Edit: "Plus very special guests" (unnamed)

Eagle Minded
Yeah looking at (http://bocpages.org/wiki/Geogaddi_listening_parties) shows that there was a listening event in Tokyo but doesn't give much more information. But it does show that they played at a Chapel in London and a Church in Edinburgh (LOL).

Random tidbits about BoC and Japan:

- "Also, I've always had an interest in the yamabushi of ancient Japan, the 'mountain men'. They used symbols as a way of having a willpower that would always outlive any challenge. They used repetitive hand symbols or drawn characters to create a neutral place they could visit mentally whenever they faced hardship. For us, "Turquoise Hexagon Sun" always returns us to a zone where we can throw off the baggage and begin again." - Marcus Eoin in the 'Protect and Survive' Interview.

- https://bocpages.org/wiki/Unconfirmed_interviews (A list of Japanese interviews)

- When they tweeted a Japanese location before TH (https://www.factmag.com/2013/05/21/boar ... e-address/)

- From the interview 'In An Imaginary Place Out In The Country' in 2002, the reporter asks, "Do you see yourselves ever performing in Japan?"

Marcus answered: "Really, we have actually wanted to do so. Several times we where invited to play in Japan, in fact. However, its not like we have a 'This year I want to do a gig' sentiment very often."

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:^ dp, I looked it up and a listening party for the newly released Geogaddi took place in Tokyo, but also in a lot of European cities and NYC.

Also, there is a Warp live set in Birmingham (UK) tomorrow. Boards not on the bill though obviously. I think the chances of BoC not being involved in some way with the 30th anniversary are low, though.

Edit: "Plus very special guests" (unnamed)

Very special guests could obviously be anything but it's very interesting to have Christ.'s credentials listed as "Ex Boards of Canada" since he's pretty much creatively distanced himself from the group for a long time now. Using that feels a bit odd to me but I'm also probably overthinking things too much :P

Sherbet Head
All the signs are there tbh.

Liking tweets from people asking for new albums "Will you ever release anything new?" / " I am already going crazy waiting to hear even a shred of news about a new album." - Check
Warp30 - Check
"Boards of Canada" fit in the X's of the Warp30 teaser - Check
Christ listed as "Ex Boards of Canada" when he's creatively distanced himself - Check
The event is on June 9th, one of their song title - Check
"Plus very special Guests" - Check
"Prequels will be shot in 2019" (I know this one's a starwars joke but still lol) - Check
WARP30 ARG using X's like BoC's ARG for TH - Check
Martin Boulton Annoucing something is coming on BoC fb page - Check
and the list goes on ...
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
It's crazy how things can change so quickly in life. There have been an unbelievable amount of instances in my life where I start off the day thinking it would be like any other normal day and an unforeseen variable introduces itself, it suddenly forces you to change who you've been. It comes as a test, of sorts; how you choose to respond to it shows who you really are. Our test all along, when it comes to being diehard fans of BoC, was solely patience.

I'm still going to try and anchor myself because sometimes I have this tendency to build things up so greatly in my mind in anticipation that I end up slightly disappointed. So just in case it is just merely a new BoC sweater or cardigan they are hyping up, I won't be upset :) It feels like something more, though. I always talk about "signs of life" when it comes to BoC and this goddamn waiting purgatory that goes part & parcel with being a fan of them. It looks like today we finally some signs of life. A heartbeat.

Something is on the horizon. I am not a gambler, but if I had to bet, I'd say we get an EP by BoC and an appearance by the brothers (perhaps putting on a performance). I do not think we will see an album just yet, but I would love to be wrong on this.

Dayvan Cowboy
TheStatPow wrote:All the signs are there tbh.

Liking tweets from people asking for new albums "Will you ever release anything new?" / " I am already going crazy waiting to hear even a shred of news about a new album." - Check
Warp30 - Check
"Boards of Canada" fit in the X's of the Warp30 teaser - Check
Christ listed as "Ex Boards of Canada" when he's creatively distanced himself - Check
The event is on June 9th, one of their song title - Check
"Plus very special Guests" - Check
"Prequels will be shot in 2019" (I know this one's a starwars joke but still lol) - Check
WARP30 ARG using X's like BoC's ARG for TH - Check
Martin Boulton Annoucing something is coming on BoC fb page - Check
and the list goes on ...

Thank you for putting this all into a neatly wrapped context. I think this may actually be it.

Dayvan Cowboy
^ My sentiments exactly, Mozart. Well put.

I don't feel this ron paul is premature at all.
Long had I been looking forward to the day.

Eagle Minded
Mozart wrote:it is just merely a new BoC sweater or cardigan

I'm into it

Eagle Minded
@Valotonin: When I see Ron Paul memes related to BoC, that's when I know it has been a good day :D

@Nottoolate: And hell yeah a sweater would be awesome. I'm imagining an Aspen style one, it would be an insta buy :P

Jokes aside, I can't wait to see how all of this pans out.

Dayvan Cowboy
xXBoardsXofXcanadaXx (Busy)
marcuslikescrabbypatties@hotmail.co.uk

xXBoardsXofXcanadaXx (Online)
marcuslikescrabbypatties@hotmail.co.uk

Posts Quantity
LMAOOOO
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Sherbet Head
All passengers please board the hype train, chook-a chook-a chook! All passengers continuing their journey towards the new BoC album be advised, please board the next train. Please allow passengers to exit the train before boarding.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Posts Quantity
Is now the time to post the Ron Pauls?

Posts Quantity
I too approve of this excessive overexcitement.

Sherbet Head
Yawn.

Sherbet Head

Sherbet Head
Interesting bit of information:

cosecha transmisiones website was "updated" on 2019-03-23

Before that the ARG with the green text was still up, but now it is gone. it gives a 500 Response.

All their domain "expire" on the 9th of september. and they always renew it on that date. (the first time being 1999-09-09 the creation of all their websites according to whois)

I wonder if they'll maybe do something on the 20th anniversary of their websites.
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
Wondering if this has anything to do with Lorenzo Senni now... He's also on warp, has been retweeting/reposting the image warp posted, and has a song called XallegroX... WXAXRXP still very much seems related to their 30th anniversary, but now I have no clue what the image is actually for

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada