GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:
Echelon wrote:Happy Soylent night people and here's to a whole 'nother year (perhaps with BOC in it!)

Hmmmm A whole nother year? Must be a coincidence that it starts @ 35:23

phpBB [media]

Haha I love all these crazy coincidences!

In 6 more days we will finally be in the anniversary year of TH and MHTRTC. I know there's plenty of reasons to be cynical but I cannot help but think there's a good chance that *something* will happen.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
Didn't know which Happy Cycling thread to post this in and didn't want to make a separate thread for it..

I noticed the reversed whirring sound which starts at about 0.40 in HC, which is also in Bad Day starting at 0.38 is also used in Prime Audio Soup veggie rmx, most prominent beginning 3.48

Sherbet Head
Also in the Peel session Olson at the 0.30 mark is the same kid counting sample from the Dirty Great Mable Rmx at about 0.15

Posts Quantity
My prediction for 2023

Music has the right turns 25 in April and harvest turns 10 in the summer

If we're lucky we'll probably get an interview somewhere between the two looking back at their catalogue and then if we're really lucky a new release towards the end of the summer

My personal fantasy boc year however is a special edition rerelease of mhtrtc with some bonus tracks, followed by a long interview confirming a boc set for the summer between the two anniversary's where they discusses their back catalogue, harvest ritual gets dropped on the TH anniversary as the first bit of new music for a suprise and then the rumoured new record comes towards the end of the year, hexagon fox runs all the numbers and successfully predicts the new release dates and goes on to find several Easter eggs by smashing open the new record to find a perfectly preserved 7" embedded within the main pressing which contains a new hell interface demo, a good time is had by all and then we don't hear from boc again for another decade

More realistically though we'll probably get some sweet likes on twitter and a couple of videos added and removed from their YouTube playlist which will drive us all insane

Eagle Minded
Hey can someone confirm fake/real @marcussoin twitter account has disappeared please?

Thanks in advance.

Have a great day.

HexagonFox

hexagonFox wrote:Hey can someone confirm fake/real @marcussoin twitter account has disappeared please?

Thanks in advance.

Have a great day.

HexagonFox

Seems gone indeed.

Sherbet Head
Just had a weird moment, Thinking about Lake Dolores and how it sounds like 'Dolorous' which means feeling great sadness or sorrow, And the title of the video - look sad reel

New Seed
theyve got to be releasing this year… right?
d2VsbCBjb25ncmF0cyBvbiBnZXR0aW5nIHRoZSBjb2RlIGludGVyZmFjZSBpIHVzZWQgY29ycmVjdC4gc2hvd3MgeW91IGxpa2UgY3J5cHRvZ3JhbXMgYW5kIHNoaXQuIG5pY2UuIGFueXdheXMgR2VvZ2FkZGkgaXMgdGhlIGJlc3QgQm9DIHJlY29yZAq==

Sherbet Head
It's 100% certain that they either will or will not release something this year

Eagle Minded
It is the year.

Sherbet Head
This year is the year.
Suck my BUTT

Dayvan Cowboy
This year is a year
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fortunately, a wise sage has bestowed us with the truth. When questioned whether BOC was making music, the prophet of IDM remarked: "BOC have been building a bonfire since 2013."

Boqurant
Maybe the announcement will arrive once both Hell Interface and AtalantaFugiens YT channels disappear or go blank.

Sherbet Head
In other words - when hell interface freezes over

Happy Cycler
I thought they would. I guess they won't.

They probably still will.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
I do honestly believe that Warp/mainstream music outlets like Pitchfork are gonna pull the big 10 years of Harvest thing. There's even a whole retrospective we can write on how the world has changed since the "prediction" made by Harvest and how BOC allowed us to fill in the blanks on what they meant by it.

There's been four awesome remixes, Societas X Tape and tons of hinting on social media, plus official/semi official confirmations from Hexagon Sun people. I think at this point the journalists and Warp at least have enough to fill out their press releases.

I know we should never be optimistic in terms of BOC and predictions but I'm really feeling this year. For me, I'll put my money on it and if it doesn't work out, I'll never bet again :P

Sherbet Head
I'm feeling it too for this year, cause I feel it every year, but I don't know why they'd wait ten years, just cause its a round number? I can't see them doing it just for the 10 year headline.. They release it when its ready surely, not depending what their calander says but who knows

Dayvan Cowboy
luminousdusk wrote:I'm feeling it too for this year, cause I feel it every year, but I don't know why they'd wait ten years, just cause its a round number? I can't see them doing it just for the 10 year headline.. They release it when its ready surely, not depending what their calander says but who knows

Yeah I agree. I was feeling it this morning more than now haha

It's simply going to be finished when they finally decide it's ready. And that could be tomorrow or twenty years from now

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:I do honestly believe that Warp/mainstream music outlets like Pitchfork are gonna pull the big 10 years of Harvest thing. There's even a whole retrospective we can write on how the world has changed since the "prediction" made by Harvest and how BOC allowed us to fill in the blanks on what they meant by it.

Nah, because no one in the business does big dates like that anymore, to Warp/mainstream BoC is just a slow producing cashcow now.

Perhaps they are waiting for US, the devoted, diehard fans, to write all about it and that will trigger something.

Or not, probably not.

What are the bookkeepers saying about a boc release in the 21st century?
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada