GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
People have been doing this kind of naysaying for a very long time, since well before Tomorrow’s Harvest came out, not to mention Societas X. There is absolutely no reason to think they’re done releasing albums. They said back in 2013 they have every intention to continue releasing music and they’re liking tweets to show fans they’re still active.

Personally I think if they ever quit releasing music or decide to end the band, they’ll at least mention it in an interview.

Dayvan Cowboy
It's 50/50 bro

Eagle Minded
If we compare their activity from the past with now it actually hasn’t changed much other than there were a few moments of longer intermissions... but, we have had quite a few releases recently... 1 major LP, a handful of amazing re-mixes, a two-hour long epic old school mixtape! Imho, they are far from being done. I might be wrong, but, I have a deep feeling they are hard at work smashing keys, dismantling vhs recorders and spilling coffee! I think they realized how much people enjoy their craft.... especially with the hype and excitement/non-excitment for Societas X... they used a lot of older recordings.... I just know we will be surprised with something awesome! As always.
TH hit me deep in the best of ways.... it didn’t creep me out at all and I would say, judging by my itunes play count, that I have listened to it far more than any other release... still obsessed with it actually... in my mind it is their greatest release and I revere it like the holy grail of their material.... or a close tie with Geogaddi for me
lol just my opinion

Posts Quantity
Mozart wrote:I'm feeling it, guys. Something is going to happen this year.

I'm with you on that one. When TH was released I was just getting out of a rough year of 24/7 studying for a selective exam for university, so it truly felt like a gift to have that at the end of the school year. Now 7 years later, I have a second shitty similar exam to prepare so I guess I'm naturally hoping for the same kind of gift next June :]

I'm really not buying the "they've stopped" theory either. I wonder if that longer-than-usual hiatus means that they've also been working on polishing their older stuff. A double release with both their old stuff and a new LP might be a lot to hope for, but who knows...

Eagle Minded
Music Has the Right to Children (released 1998)

(4 year lapse)

Geogaddi (released 2002)

(3 year lapse)

The Campfire Headphase (released 2005)

(8 year lapse)

Tomorrow's Harvest (released 2013)

:twisted:

Happy Cycler
Mozart wrote:Music Has the Right to Children (released 1998)

(4 year lapse)

Geogaddi (released 2002)

(3 year lapse)

The Campfire Headphase (released 2005)

(8 year lapse)

Tomorrow's Harvest (released 2013)

:twisted:

We are definitely at that point. This wait seems a lot shorter than the one for TH did. Age, I suppose.

You know, if they were ever going to release old material, this would probably be the time to do it. Considering the recent Warp festivities and all.

Posts Quantity
At the very least the 'A Beautiful Place Out in the Country' anniversary should warrant a tweet. My hopes are up.

You have no ideas how tempting it as to rename this thread the 'Clutching at orange hexagonal straws again' thread.

Never change Twoism.

We love you all.

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:You have no ideas how tempting it as to rename this thread the 'Clutching at orange hexagonal straws again' thread.

Never change Twoism.

We love you all.

My straws keep automatically converting themselves from orange to turquoise.... no matter how many I clutch... lol lol. It must be some sort of sign... O.o

Dayvan Cowboy
Mike: *switches toilet light on in the studio*
Marcus: *clears his throat and starts untangling extension leads*

LIVETOUR2020DOUBLEALBUMDOUBLERAINBOWALPHARAINBOWCONFIRRMEEED

Dayvan Cowboy
but in all seriousness, keep up the speculation
it gives one something to be excited for in the coming year

Eagle Minded
While you're all waiting patiently for the release of the new album. Here is a really good joke.

The wife told me to take the spider out instead of killing it. We went out, had a few drinks. He's a nice guy. Turns out he's a web designer.

Eagle Minded
Sl Flk wrote:While you're all waiting patiently for the release of the new album. Here is a really good joke.

The wife told me to take the spider out instead of killing it. We went out, had a few drinks. He's a nice guy. Turns out he's a web designer.

This made my day :]

Eagle Minded
It's a good one isn't it. I've got another great joke for you too.

https://youtu.be/MdHGbkZnA4E

Eagle Minded
Sl Flk wrote:It's a good one isn't it. I've got another great joke for you too.

https://youtu.be/MdHGbkZnA4E

Haaa!

Eagle Minded

Eagle Minded

Dayvan Cowboy
Sl Flk wrote:A little article I wrote for igloomag.com - bYE

https://igloomag.com/features/will-ther ... da-release

Very well written and evocative of a lot of my own feelings on the subject.
Thank you for this.

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:
Sl Flk wrote:A little article I wrote for igloomag.com - bYE

https://igloomag.com/features/will-ther ... da-release

Very well written and evocative of a lot of my own feelings on the subject.
Thank you for this.

Hey, thanks. I think If I feel it, then we all feel it. That's just how powerful their music/message is.

https://soundcloud.com/soulflask/soul-f ... ix#t=23:54

Happy Cycler
Not sure if this is what you are hinting at, but I tend to think that the title MHTRTC has to do with how open and impressionable our minds our when we are children. The sounds and music we hear as children deeply affect us much more than the stuff we hear later on in life.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada