GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Stu808 wrote:Always the chance that the brothers and Ian Rankin know each other/or at least have cross paths at some point. Both used to live in Edinburgh (Rankin still does), and pretty sure they would have frequented a couple of the same pubs (given where they used they both used to be based).

Ian replied to a comment on his post and said that he has never met the brothers and wouldn't know them by face. I don't think the brothers deliberately liked the tweet because it was from a verified user, I honestly don't think it means anything.
no information at this moment in time

Posts Quantity
They probably liked that as it was from a high-profile writer from their hometown.

Dayvan Cowboy
https://www.beatink.com/products/list.php?artist_id=4

I've been monitoring the site for the Japanese label that releases Warp products and I noticed something in the release schedule. The releases skip from June to August. Only reason I find this interesting is because Warp are renewing BOC t-shirts in early July on Bleep.

Could we be in for a surprise release in July? Seems there might be a whole open month with no releases and it would be the perfect time to drop a BOC one.

This is probably a dead end and nothings happening, but hey, I'm just trying to give a little hope to the community. :)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
new like on twitter :)

Eagle Minded
Thought.

The brothers might have plenty of recorded music already, but they might be reluctant to release it since the novelty/aesthetics of TH were already a difficult pill to swallow for many fans.

They might be in a lose-lose situation: either they release another grim, cinematic and rather sinister album in the vein of TH (or simply improve on it) that's likely to deceive fans, or they rehash stuff from the past without really wanting to and fans end up disappointed anyway because it sounds forced & contrived.

That shit happens when you release so many great tunes and gather so many people around them. People are gonna want that exact same feeling from any new material, but that's never gonna happen.

Boqurant
Moloch wrote:Thought.

The brothers might have plenty of recorded music already, but they might be reluctant to release it since the novelty/aesthetics of TH were already a difficult pill to swallow for many fans.

They might be in a lose-lose situation: either they release another grim, cinematic and rather sinister album in the vein of TH (or simply improve on it) that's likely to deceive fans, or they rehash stuff from the past without really wanting to and fans end up disappointed anyway because it sounds forced & contrived.

That shit happens when you release so many great tunes and gather so many people around them. People are gonna want that exact same feeling from any new material, but that's never gonna happen.
In other words; fans never know what they want. I agree with this sentiment, and as a result, I try to avoid speculating exactly what a new BoC album will be about- since I can only imagine disappointment when I realize my perfect BoC album isn’t what the Brothers are interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayvan Cowboy
Moloch wrote:Thought.

They've said several times that they don't look for feedback from fans and that they release things as if they had no fans. I'm not sure how much I believe that because I would be tempted myself to see what a forum of people thought about my art. I don't know how easily I could ignore it.

But they like to give off the air that they don't care in interviews at least.

Btw, what did they like on Twitter? I'm not on it and don't plan on joining that cesspool of negativity

Eagle Minded
Two new likes... both speaking of a new album.

Eagle Minded
The anticipation is palpable.

Sherbet Head
JUST F*CKING DO IT YOU PAIR O C**TS!
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
they've had this habit of liking tweets for awhile, so nothing really revolutionary, but figured i'd share just for those that don't have twitter and can't see it/have forgotten to check lately. two news one as of yesterday

Posts Quantity
new Warp intern confirmed

Dayvan Cowboy
I still think this is to replace MDG so he doesn't have to come on here and tell us there's a new album coming.

But I will just post these things to remind people that there might be something in the works:

-"Sit Tight" message from PIC

-An artist contacted Warp to ask BOC to remix some work and was told they were busy working on a project to do anything else

-A friend of the band from Edinburgh said last year "I have coffee with one of them nearly everyday. Your patience may well be rewarded"

Personally, I'm not counting the days anymore til a release (or even listening to the band at all) but I feel that some whispers and rumors across the internet may hold some truth one day.

"Here in the wind tunnel the fearful forces plot their pattern by proxy and one day we will know."

Eagle Minded
I would put money on this time next year we'll either have a new release or know for definite one is coming.

And I also strongly suspect one or more of the unidentified pieces from SXT will be on it.

Dayvan Cowboy
Guys, I've got some news that will blow your mind...Ready?!

I think they re-added the green version of the classic BOC logo T-shirts: https://bleep.com/artist/78-boards-of-canada

Lol, this is only good news if they're preparing for a sudden wave of purchases due to a new release. Otherwise, move on. Nothing to see here.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Guys, I've got some news that will blow your mind...Ready?!

I think they re-added the green version of the classic BOC logo T-shirts: https://bleep.com/artist/78-boards-of-canada

Lol, this is only good news if they're preparing for a sudden wave of purchases due to a new release. Otherwise, move on. Nothing to see here.

Almost thought you would have news about her majesty BoCset :)

Dayvan Cowboy
bungler666 wrote:
Echelon wrote:Guys, I've got some news that will blow your mind...Ready?!

Almost thought you would have news about her majesty BoCset :)

Haha I need to remember not to be sarcastic on here. Because I'd read the first line of my message and be like "Holy shit!"

The only real news I ever got was the "sit tight" message last year.

We've been sitting tight for a while now XD

New Seed
Echelon wrote:Haha I need to remember not to be sarcastic on here. Because I'd read the first line of my message and be like "Holy shit!"

Wait did you spesifically get a message from warp or something?

Friendly Stranger
I noticed this the other day too when i was ordering Autechre's EPS 1991 - 2002.

This thread has a page number of 587. I was in a car accident ith my family in 1987. i don't like those numbers. I sure would like some new boc though!

The most recent picture's seen of the brothers, mike held his hand up, like he was saying "STOP" TH era.
I was just scared not being able to stand up while taking a piss, thinking i was going to "collapse"! Realize now, it was only anxiety/panic. It's not me anymore,good for that.

Dayvan Cowboy
LofiJunky wrote:
Echelon wrote:Haha I need to remember not to be sarcastic on here. Because I'd read the first line of my message and be like "Holy shit!"

Wait did you spesifically get a message from warp or something?

Nah from a second party I mentioned on the last page. :D

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada