GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Let's guess a new LP release date. Whoever ends up closest, wins.

May 27th 2023
1986 Summer Fire

Eagle Minded
Quadrivium wrote:Let's guess a new LP release date. Whoever ends up closest, wins.

May 27th 2023

Probably way too optimistic on this, but I'mma go with May 20th 2022.

Dayvan Cowboy
17th February 2022?

Posts Quantity
Orbited insanitarium wrote:17th February 2022?

Here's hoping orb :lol:
1986 Summer Fire

Eagle Minded
I personally like the idea that the band has given all the interviews for their new album and are simply waiting on the release.

I also like the idea that none of the supposed activity we've seen is actually them.

It makes no sense to include those things in some sort of bizarre communication with their fans. It sends no message, it doesn't even jive with the other stuff we think they're into.

What is better, in my opinion, is the idea that they're shuffling off on vacation to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

I think they're giving us an album for Christmas.

Eagle Minded
Sky and Trails wrote:I personally like the idea that the band has given all the interviews for their new album and are simply waiting on the release.

I also like the idea that none of the supposed activity we've seen is actually them.

It makes no sense to include those things in some sort of bizarre communication with their fans. It sends no message, it doesn't even jive with the other stuff we think they're into.

What is better, in my opinion, is the idea that they're shuffling off on vacation to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

I think they're giving us an album for Christmas.

Which activity are you referring to? I think it's pretty obvious the banner changes and twitter likes are them.

Whether they've already given all the interviews already is an interesting idea but I doubt it.

An album for Christmas is a perfect idea. Sneak it in just before the end of the year :wink:
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Posts Quantity
SOYLENT NIGHT 4 UK CHRISTMAS NUMBER ONE

Eagle Minded
Biznasty wrote:Which activity are you referring to? I think it's pretty obvious the banner changes and twitter likes are them.

That's the activity. All the recent kind of weird little things on social media, etc. It's not that i don't believe it's them, but believing that makes me feel like they have too much damned control over their fan base.

If it is them, then i really just don't like having a carrot dangled in front of me. It feels insulting.

Dayvan Cowboy
Sky and Trails wrote:
Biznasty wrote:Which activity are you referring to? I think it's pretty obvious the banner changes and twitter likes are them.

That's the activity. All the recent kind of weird little things on social media, etc. It's not that i don't believe it's them, but believing that makes me feel like they have too much damned control over their fan base.

If it is them, then i really just don't like having a carrot dangled in front of me. It feels insulting.

Sometimes I feel that way too, but being a reclusive hermit myself, I kinda interpret little things like that as just a way of saying "we're still around" without making a big fuss. I do the same thing.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Eagle Minded
Bring on the fuckery, I’m feeling good.

Dayvan Cowboy
Quadrivium wrote:Let's guess a new LP release date. Whoever ends up closest, wins.

May 27th 2023

This is a great date. I have a feeling the release is going to be in spring, if we pass this February without Big Bang remembering the release of Geogaddi.

2023-04-20

Dayvan Cowboy
It all depends on when they submitted their albums to the pressing plant. If we're guessing based on that sometime in the 2022s.

My prediction is either they submitted it in April or August depending on their behavior or what the supposed insiders told us. And so either it comes in February or Spring 2022
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded

May 27th 2023

2nd March 2022 has been a locked in date in my head for months now, something from BoC will happen on this day, that banner wasn't for nothing.

Dayvan Cowboy

September 6th 2022

Reading the date backwards it becomes 4-20-6-9
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Sherbet Head
orange

Sherbet Head
northernlite wrote:orange

yeah, that's right!
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Sherbet Head
Cyclosa wrote:
Gazebo4 wrote:
Cyclosa wrote:What in the hell are you guys blabbering about

Wish this was accurate instead

Sorry for the necro as I missed it a while back, but this really cracked me up lol, thanks :lol:
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Posts Quantity
June 10 4030
Fly!

Posts Quantity
sandrail wrote:June 10 4030

⋏⍜⏁⟒⎅. ⟟ ⊑⍜⌿⟒ ⟟⏁'⌇ ⍙⍜⍀⏁⊑ ⏁⊑⟒ ⍙⏃⟟⏁.
1986 Summer Fire

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada