GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
I've been thinking this for a long time, but I believe TH might be the last album they ever release. The "thank you, bye bye" sample in sick times really always hit me pretty hard and could have been a cryptic way of thanking the fans and disappearing. I hope it's not true but that would be a beautiful way to go out if it was.

Eagle Minded
scottp014 wrote:I've been thinking this for a long time, but I believe TH might be the last album they ever release. The "thank you, bye bye" sample in sick times really always hit me pretty hard and could have been a cryptic way of thanking the fans and disappearing. I hope it's not true but that would be a beautiful way to go out if it was.

I thought the same until I read the interviews around TH... they are not planning on quitting anytime soon. They specifically state they recorded “multiple albums worth” of material. Plus, they released 3 amazing newer remixes that are among their best imho... especially Mr. Mistake. I understand their minds to a degree...they are obsessive with their music so I honestly doubt they will quit anytime soon... they recently also said in an interview that they are “always working on new material” so be patient and we will be rewarded... :) I have very high hopes!
I picture the brothers BoC when pertaining to writing and playing music are as adult children in a toy store! always infinite and something new to be found!

Eagle Minded
I think they're using twitter as a way of letting us know they're still working on stuff. Trust me were getting more material soon.
no information at this moment in time

Posts Quantity
Were going to be able to remix their next album part for part with the release of a new music making program soon. It rhymes with "Spotify".

Dayvan Cowboy
scottp014 wrote:I've been thinking this for a long time, but I believe TH might be the last album they ever release. The "thank you, bye bye" sample in sick times really always hit me pretty hard and could have been a cryptic way of thanking the fans and disappearing. I hope it's not true but that would be a beautiful way to go out if it was.

The next album will be their fifth and final album. Geogaddi part 2. the year 2022. 20 years anniversary since arguably their most prolific release. Tho, I believe they are going to drop some serious stuff soon. Probably the EP

Posts Quantity
Xaugh wrote:Were going to be able to remix their next album part for part with the release of a new music making program soon. It rhymes with "Spotify".
your posts are incredible I love you
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:Probably the EP

Sorry, is there an EP rumored to be on the way?
overflow

Eagle Minded
Nope. We're just spitballin' here.

There is nothing to suggest that new music is around the corner, but I kind of have a "feeling" that we'll be getting something in a few months. Whether it be a new remix, an EP, or a very desirable new studio album. I'm likely 99% wrong on this hunch, though. It could very easily be another two years, give or take. No one besides the brothers and ostensibly a select amount of people know this.

This waiting aspect blows, but remember that they are in it for the sake of the art. As much as I would like them to be consistently releasing music to the point it would be tough to keep up with all the new material, that's just not reality when it comes to BoC.

Posts Quantity
Mozart wrote:This waiting aspect blows, but remember that they are in it for the sake of the art. As much as I would like them to be consistently releasing music to the point it would be tough to keep up with all the new material, that's just not reality when it comes to BoC.

this. imagine they release an album/ep each year or something like that. the quality would drop and it wouldn't be as special anymore. its way to hard to always keep the expectations high, so i just lay back and browse the forum every now and then, because every now and then i always come back to BoC. Theres something special in that music and that *something special* needs time. lmao im drunk af

BOC?????????

phpBB [media]
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Eagle Minded
I just checked on this thread for the million'th time since way back when I was just a lurker...isn't it crazy that what started off as a "BLACK BOX, RELEASE IMMINENT" to *radio silence* then some weird posts one "normal" RSD in 2013, to the absolute madness that was the TH ARG...then slowly back to the "when will the next album come out?", a few remixes here and there, which led to more building excitement, to "let's follow EVERY BREAD CRUM/NUMBER TRAIL EVER" and seemingly back to *radio silence*"

This thread is almost 8 and a half years old - christ, it's older than my oldest kid!, and many of us have been on this one particular thread for such a chunk of our lives - I just find that completely fascinating.

I really do hope for a new release, and as soon as possible, but things like this thread make passing the time so much fun - all the rabbit holes and excitement over seemingly nothing, the bitterness afterwards that we all feel, but know is absolutely absurd to feel (some of us hide it better than others, lol!) - but then when something does come along, the crazy rush to just dissect every aspect and enjoy it to it's fullest - this thread embodies all of that!

Just had to get that out, heh

(as I wrote this, a new "lead" about BOC being in an UNKLE song, lol! what a time to be alive!)
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
2020k wrote:BOC?????????

phpBB [media]

woah woah WOAH what is this.

EDIT: It's also only displayed as "Boc" on Apple Music

Eagle Minded
Roswell wrote:
2020k wrote:BOC?????????

phpBB [media]

woah woah WOAH what is this.

EDIT: It's also only displayed as "Boc" on Apple Music

On Google Play Music it is listed as "BOC"
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Sherbet Head
I'm really hope it's not boc..

Posts Quantity
I'm assuming they did something for this particular track, since it features A LOT of guests, as it's UNKLE's album and he's a well known trip hop artist (I think we all know that fact already though derp)

Here's the credits for all the features on that particular track. Weird to see them credited as so. I wonder what part of the track they did, perhaps the ambience you hear in the background like a minute or so in? https://www.discogs.com/UNKLE-The-Road- ... e/13424335
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

Dayvan Cowboy
luminousdusk wrote:I'm really hope it's not boc..

Why? This is pretty "lavish" track. Pretty dark also. Not a huge UNKLE fan, but this is track is not bad.

Sherbet Head
It's just not something that I'd ever want to listen to

Eagle Minded
Sounds far too generic overall for me to think that BoC was involved in the creation of this particular composition. The lyrics seem incredibly lazy, IMO, and nothing at all is special about this one. It's not the worst thing I have ever heard but it's like a 3/10 in my book.

BoC probably has nothing to do with this, if I were a betting man that's what I would declare. They probably would have just wrote Boards of Canada in there instead of BOC, which I speculate is just some rando's initials or something of the sort. Sure, its weird that it says BOC, though. I wouldn't read into this at all.

Yawn. Next.

Eagle Minded
Mozart wrote:Sounds far too generic overall for me to think that BoC was involved in the creation of this particular composition. The lyrics seem incredibly lazy, IMO, and nothing at all is special about this one. It's not the worst thing I have ever heard but it's like a 3/10 in my book.

BoC probably has nothing to do with this, if I were a betting man that's what I would declare. They probably would have just wrote Boards of Canada in there instead of BOC, which I speculate is just some rando's initials or something of the sort. Sure, its weird that it says BOC, though. I wouldn't read into this at all.

Yawn. Next.

Agreed. Sadly

Dayvan Cowboy
I quite dislike the track. It isn't my thing by any stretch, but the production is pretty decent.
If BoC did play any part in this, it would have been production and nothing else.
That is incredibly unlikely, though.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada