GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
i wasn't meaning to suggest there is any good reason to believe this might happen by the way,

just saying i could see them doing something like that, and it would be awesome if they did.

:mrgreen:
"R-Worded"

Dayvan Cowboy
ColinWallis wrote:a Boards of Canada Christmas sure would be nice

personally, i could actually see them doing a Christmas release or announcement, especially since one of the only Hell Interface songs is Christmas themed, also because they were posting from their HI accounts last year which is pretty bizarre..

i've been dreaming of a creepy Boards of Canada Christmas announcement video somewhat lol.

would be cool anyway!

The only thing that makes me hold out any hope for anything to happen right now, is when you take into consideration how early Squid was announced last year, aka Feb, and then released in May. That was Warp’s major blockbuster in the first quarter, and they spent a bit of time building up. Apparently, if Bleep is to be believed, it actually charted too.
Maybe we’ll get an announcement now for Dec. I think a slow-burn wait for a release would be fantastic. Especially if Warp puts the album up on their site with titles that we can all speculate over.

I’m all for a Dec release too, Colin. We’ve never gotten anything BOC related around that time
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
ColinWallis wrote:a Boards of Canada Christmas sure would be nice

personally, i could actually see them doing a Christmas release or announcement, especially since one of the only Hell Interface songs is Christmas themed, also because they were posting from their HI accounts last year which is pretty bizarre..

i've been dreaming of a creepy Boards of Canada Christmas announcement video somewhat lol.

would be cool anyway!

Godever kinda sounds like something christmas-y
Fly!

Eagle Minded
Gonna be that 2023 release.

Dayvan Cowboy
Navaru wrote:Gonna be that 2023 release.

Good lord, I hope not. I’ve barely made it through this damned year.
It would be such a (powerline) misfortune, to have them simply wait for it to be 10 years. Funny though, because it would be a form of numerology. Though a very shallow one, imo

Eagle Minded
yeah, like scheduling a release for the 6th day of the 6th month of 2006
i'll take anything over nothing
yes, i would love to be free!

Dayvan Cowboy
Well at least we have more certainty that there is a release waiting than we did two months ago, the production line theory gives me hope for 2022 :) and talking about festive BoC, I’ll be taking my annual listen to 'whine on twoism' (volume 1 & 2) from all you talented chaps. so if no new BoC, there’s that! :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
NTFMTS wrote:Yeah, it def would be shallow numerology :roll:

To clarify, it would be shallow to simply wait ten years if you have everything done already. Though I could imagine Warp making them do that for headlines and promos. I’m sure they themselves don’t care. I’d like to believe they finished their actual work on Sep 6th 2020

Eagle Minded
NorthSaturnian wrote:yeah, like scheduling a release for the 6th day of the 6th month of 2006

I'm saying I think a 2022 release is coming

also the 2023 theory imo is different from the 666 release date

:twisted: 2 + 2 + 0 + 2 = 6 :twisted:

:}

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
NTFMTS wrote:Yeah, it def would be shallow numerology :roll:

To clarify, it would be shallow to simply wait ten years if you have everything done already. Though I could imagine Warp making them do that for headlines and promos. I’m sure they themselves don’t care. I’d like to believe they finished their actual work on Sep 6th 2020

I'm with you on all that, just to wait ten years would just be silly

Dayvan Cowboy
NorthSaturnian wrote:yeah, like scheduling a release for the 6th day of the 6th month of 2006

Didn't they want to do that with Trans Canada Highway, or is the sarcasm going over my head?
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Eagle Minded
NTFMTS wrote:

I'm saying I think a 2022 release is coming

also the 2023 theory imo is different from the 666 release date

:twisted: 2 + 2 + 0 + 2 = 6 :twisted:

:}

dont give me hope lol

Eagle Minded
rodox_head wrote:

Didn't they want to do that with Trans Canada Highway, or is the sarcasm going over my head?

if i recall correctly, yes. the date was moved nonetheless, not sure if warp or the brothers decided to do that or the reason why

Dayvan Cowboy

They didn't actually end up doing that tho, they released it early. And thats the only time they've ever incorporated numerology into a release date at all AFAIK.

Idk, I'd like to think we'll see something in 2022, but I also wanted to believe we'd see something in 2021 and here we are, late September, without anything. It could be awhile yet.

Eagle Minded
SamuraiDrifter wrote:

They didn't actually end up doing that tho, they released it early. And thats the only time they've ever incorporated numerology into a release date at all AFAIK.

Idk, I'd like to think we'll see something in 2022, but I also wanted to believe we'd see something in 2021 and here we are, late September, without anything. It could be awhile yet.

i like to think they chose november 17 to release iabpoitc because it's the 321st day of the year, but that's grasping at straws at that point lol. and im not even sure about that because bocpages and bleep have different release dates :?
honestly i have a better feeling for 2023 than 2022, because of the 10 years publicity opportunity thing. it would be pretty funny if they chose to release it days before reaching 1 decade, just to go against what's expected
but hey we still have september 30. maybe they'll like a tweet or something. new retweet, perhaps? maybe i'm being too optimistic

Friendly Stranger
22nd February 2022?

22/02/2022...

Posts Quantity
Paul G. Stewart wrote:22nd February 2022?

22/02/2022...

Hm, there are 6 2's in there. Let me see:

2+2+2+2+2+2=12

12-6=6

12x2=24

24/4=6. 666. heck yeah I think this is the one.

Dayvan Cowboy
Frindia wrote:
Paul G. Stewart wrote:22nd February 2022?

22/02/2022...

Hm, there are 6 2's in there. Let me see:

2+2+2+2+2+2=12

12-6=6

12x2=24

24/4=6. 666. heck yeah I think this is the one.

That’s numberwang! You could be on to something there. :D

I’d love it to be a release for 2022, hopefully by then we won’t have turned into a typed out interpretation of this sketch! :wink:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xmBCh76_qWE

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada