GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Evil Robot Bill wrote:I really don't want to get anyone's hopes up (sincerely) but one of the record stores, Resident, posted earlier today that something big was being announced at 11pm UK time today.

https://twitter.com/residentmusic/statu ... 8922304512

Now, I'm guessing it probs isn't BoC or HI. If it's at the stage of record stores knowing about a surprise announcement, that's a lot of people. So I think we would have heard by now. But still. Interesting.

Man, if there's a new Boards album and a new David Lynch project this year...

Funny this online activity is happening close to record store day again. I'll definitely be around to see what this surprise announcement is
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
funnnnpng wrote:They liked a post from a completely random guy saying "I figured it out @boctransmission"... only one in their likes that's not from a reply to them or from Bleep or Warp

I was about to post this. Maybe they liked any post that mentioned them? It's some rando streamer guy
yes, i would love to be free!

Eagle Minded
NorthSaturnian wrote:
funnnnpng wrote:They liked a post from a completely random guy saying "I figured it out @boctransmission"... only one in their likes that's not from a reply to them or from Bleep or Warp

I was about to post this. Maybe they liked any post that mentioned them? It's some rando streamer guy

No I've @'d them in a tweet before and they didn't like it... yet... (It was back in September). Their liked tweets are more deliberate/calculated than that...
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded
Biznasty wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:

No I've @'d them in a tweet before and they didn't like it... yet... (It was back in September). Their liked tweets are more deliberate/calculated than that...

Then what has this guy figured out :?? Lol

Eagle Minded
NorthSaturnian wrote:Then what has this guy figured out :?? Lol

He has the keys to the boc-set.....
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Dayvan Cowboy
Fuck, BOC are so mysterious.... Their fans are cringey, tho. They also don;t give an F. You release this month, or two years later ;)

Eagle Minded
Funny note:

I DM's @boctransmission after the Societas broadcast - I was, lets say, "enjoying life" at the moment and don't usually reach out like that (I have social anxiety issues with reaching out - it's why it took me so long before joining, then even posting here - haha!) and that message still has yet to be "seen" on Twitter.

I messaged HI yesterday on FB and it was "seen" today.

How many tabs we all have open randomly refreshing pages? hahaha!
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Sherbet Head
A few quick things that just popped into my brain that I'd like everyone to consider:

-While the HI Whitney remix that surfaced a while back was indeed fake, there was a shred of truth about it in that this infamous "Top 10 Picks" list from the brothers did indeed have "Hell Interface - How Will I Know?" on it. This was almost certainly the seed that eventually grew into that "demon whitney houston" profile pic

-The name they chose for that entry is pretty meta in and of itself considering the nebulous nature of this list and the songs on it seeming to be mostly nonexistent but also there still being a shred of possibility that they actually exist and as well as an even smaller shred of possibility that they're the names of unreleased material from the brothers. "How will I know... if this is bogus or not?"

-That same list also mentioned an "Orphel Binuswade", the name that New Clear Dawn was registered under. New Clear Dawn is yet another thing nebulously connected to hexagon sun that seems to exist for no other reason than to confuse everyone but could also be significant in some way that we can't see yet.

-In 1999 (as far as I know) nobody outside their inner circle knew about the Old Tunes compilations, or by extension the song Magic Teens that they referenced on the list. Who knows how many of the other entries are inside jokes and how many are just random nonsense?

-Think about the name "Tomorrow's Harvest" as well as a lot of the general themes surrounding it (particularly the track name "New Seeds"). Now consider how much of the recent goings-on that directly ties back into things done years or decades ago. Could it be that TH was indeed "planting seeds" for whatever it is they're foreshadowing now and the two projects will be in some way related?

-As SamuraiDrifter mentioned about 10-20 pages ago it seems as though BoC are exploring the territory of reality vs. unreality and the nebulous nature of the information we come across every day, particularly in relation to them and their music. This is amplified even more by the last major music thing with their name on it being the Societas X Tape, which seems to delve even farther into those themes ("I'm living in a time where people's words don't mean a thing", the complete and utter lack of labels on anything besides the name of the tape). Who else thinks this will be explored farther on the next release?

on 'Smoke Shoveling Song', the Incredible String Band wrote:"What do you think you have going here, some kind of a joke?"
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
Probably bs but what if the next album is in a similar fashion to "Societas X Tape" instead it's all just unlabeled, unreleased material they've made instead of other people's work?

Eagle Minded
drixlin wrote:Funny note:

I DM's @boctransmission after the Societas broadcast - I was, lets say, "enjoying life" at the moment and don't usually reach out like that (I have social anxiety issues with reaching out - it's why it took me so long before joining, then even posting here - haha!) and that message still has yet to be "seen" on Twitter.

I messaged HI yesterday on FB and it was "seen" today.

How many tabs we all have open randomly refreshing pages? hahaha!

... No comment...

Eagle Minded
Biznasty wrote:... No comment...

You've got so many tabs, richard... :lol:

Boqurant
Just brainstorming but maybe the page needs a certain amount of likes until the next thing happens??

I can't compute in my head why the other sites haven't changed to black... feels like we're missing something.

Eagle Minded
Well the easy answer is once the page hits 666 likes something will happen...

Eagle Minded
Everyone like until 666! We're not far away from it

Boqurant
MIXL2 wrote:...feels like we're missing something.

Yeah, I definitely think we're overlooking something...they've been dropping hints once a month or so, but nobody's connected the dots yet.

Eagle Minded
MIXL2 wrote:Just brainstorming but maybe the page needs a certain amount of likes until the next thing happens??

I can't compute in my head why the other sites haven't changed to black... feels like we're missing something.

Honetly, I had that thought, too!

Now that would be right on the nose, eh? "Like" culture used and abused, haha.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Boqurant
It would be so silly if that was the answer..

I'm out of ideas

Eagle Minded
MIXL2 wrote:It would be so silly if that was the answer..

I'm out of ideas

Right, 666 likes seems silly

They'll do something when it reaches 6666
Last edited by NorthSaturnian on Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
Maybe let's start from the very beginning. See where everything connects from all our past knowledge to the hints they've been dropping.

Eagle Minded
Or maybe they're just leading us to the website... Like we found the facebook because of the posts, and the facebook led us to hellinterface.com, and since it's just black and now the pfp and banner are black, the facebook page is confirming the website.

Or does the black mean it's a dead end and since the facebook updated to be black it's now not relevant so we should look elsewhere?

Or yeah maybe we need to go back and look again at all the clues we have so far...

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada