GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
It was a comment on a thread; I’ll post a screen shot in a minue
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded

Posts Quantity
Oh my god.... please be true :cry: :cry: :cry:
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Eagle Minded
Roswell wrote:https://imgur.com/a/Q2gqoPe

Here it is!

Ohhhhhhhh, the BoC FAN page, not their official page, gotcha!

Exciting?
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
drixlin wrote:
Roswell wrote:https://imgur.com/a/Q2gqoPe

Here it is!

Ohhhhhhhh, the BoC FAN page, not their official page, gotcha!

Exciting?

Yes very! Martin is pretty trusted, idk why he would lie.

Dayvan Cowboy
(I told you I was saving Ron Paul gifs)

Posts Quantity
Oh shiiiiit this is awesome news!!!!!! Would be awesome if some new material came out by year's end to make this year of music even more amazing! Or next year is good too. :P

Looked up the compilations the Touched. Label released... and holy fuck are they REEEAAALLLLLLYY LOONG. how does the mad man do this
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

Posts Quantity
Crossing fingers for this. Warp made a lot of releases from big artists so far this year, it's just missing BoC :) But I wonder how this guy got the information.

Dayvan Cowboy
Further down the same thread...

Posts Quantity
If I recall correctly, this is the same guy who was (incorrectly) teasing BoC to be on one of his releases in order to boost sales. He later apologized for it, and it is for a good cause, however, I would go as far as to say he is a trustworthy source. On the other hand, he has nothing to benefit from it this time, so I'm inclined to believe him.

Eagle Minded
koroviev wrote:If I recall correctly, this is the same guy who was (incorrectly) teasing BoC to be on one of his releases in order to boost sales. He later apologized for it, and it is for a good cause, however, I would go as far as to say he is a trustworthy source. On the other hand, he has nothing to benefit from it this time, so I'm inclined to believe him.

Agreed. I wouldn't trust a word this guy says tbfh.

Posts Quantity
koroviev wrote:If I recall correctly, this is the same guy who was (incorrectly) teasing BoC to be on one of his releases in order to boost sales. He later apologized for it, and it is for a good cause, however, I would go as far as to say he is a trustworthy source. On the other hand, he has nothing to benefit from it this time, so I'm inclined to believe him.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he is a trustworthy source, is what I meant to say.

Eagle Minded
This is what I was talking about when I said it won't take much to get us all hyped :P

Going to have to see how this all pans out - I've never been a facebook user so I've never checked out the BoC fanpage over there. I'm not qualified to comment on whether or not this fellow's comment is or is not truthful and honest in nature. It is an interesting concept, though, to appear out of nowhere with such a bold comment. Definitely at the very least this is somthing to get the juices flowing on this speculation thread. I always like to wake up and see some action over here. Time for me to grab the ol' tin foil hat. There are a few possible scenarios:

1) He heard incorrectly, and/or his "contact" heard incorrectly

2) He is trolling (it would take a special kind of troll to get a kick out of messing with BoC fans IMO)

3) He is correct about new material (speculation: possibly heard that an album is complete, may or may not know anything about a release date)

4) He is correct that "something new is coming" but we find that it isn't new music. It could be something as trivial as a new interview coming out, technically that would be something "new."

Dayvan Cowboy
This news is better than no news!

Dayvan Cowboy
This feels different in all honesty.
I am aware of the smaller things that get people hyped for literally no reason other than sincerely wishing for it to be true, but until the instance above of the mention that this person has allegedly made a false claim before, it felt very credible.

The way most of us got word of TH coming out, before it was named, was by random affiliates of BoC and Warp whispering about it and dropping hints that it was finished. The fact that the person is associated with warp is a good indication that perhaps we should consider dusting off the controls and putting the engine of the hype train in standby. Obviously we shaln't be leaving the station just now as if I pass another signal at danger (i.e red for 'not happening'), I am fired.

Eagle Minded
What we need is Joyrex trolling again - he was one of the more...vocal of the leakers the first time around
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Dayvan Cowboy
My only rule is that after release, if anyone claims that the album has "Brexit Vibes" I am leaving.

Friendly Stranger
Valotonin wrote:My only rule is that after release, if anyone claims that the album has "Brexit Vibes" I am leaving.

As in leaving the EU?

Dayvan Cowboy
drhumr wrote:
Valotonin wrote:My only rule is that after release, if anyone claims that the album has "Brexit Vibes" I am leaving.

As in leaving the EU?

Haha no, just refusing to talk any further about it.
The whole "Tomorrow's Harvest predicted Trump" thing is a bit too much for me.

I think BoC are more subtle than writing music on particular sides of the constant political puppet show. I think they know that all of this is just a distraction from the reality of the underlying situation.

Edit: And I have to add that I was briefly brainwashed to take a side in said political puppet show, I am not proud of it.

Eagle Minded
Does anyone know if Boulton has posted anything further on the matter on the FB page?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada