GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
Did we ever find out what's the YT blue dot meaning? Watching in my subscriptions list I found this today

Dayvan Cowboy
rjohnny wrote:Did we ever find out what's the YT blue dot meaning? Watching in my subscriptions list I found this today

It's supposed to indicate a newly uploaded video, but in the case of Sheol Boundary and Hell Interface, it almost certainly means nothing. Blue dots have been showing up and vanishing on their channels for over a year.

...Unless, of course, they've uploaded dozens of videos across their multiple puppet channels and are just waiting for the right moment to reveal them. God what I wouldn't give for an album with a video for every track. Or a feature-length BOC visual album.

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:...Unless, of course, they've uploaded dozens of videos across their multiple puppet channels and are just waiting for the right moment to reveal them. God what I wouldn't give for an album with a video for every track. Or a feature-length BOC visual album.

People always say these are "glitches" but how many damn glitches are on Youtube anyway? You'd think if the blue dot thing was a reoccurring problem with Youtube, they would have fixed it by now.

That said, what you wrote there is the best case scenario. You don't know how happy I would be if that's what they're doing. :D
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
Echelon wrote:People always say these are "glitches" but how many damn glitches are on Youtube anyway? You'd think if the blue dot thing was a reoccurring problem with Youtube, they would have fixed it by now.

That said, what you wrote there is the best case scenario. You don't know how happy I would be if that's what they're doing. :D

Youtube's basically been held together with paper clips and rubber bands since the beginning, as far as I can remember (back to about 2008) it's always been full of bugs and glitches that take forever to get patched :P
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Boqurant
A youtube video that is uploaded but designated as unlisted trips the blue light indicator. I just checked with one of my channels.

So the channel has unlisted videos that no one can find.
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw

Dayvan Cowboy
tumuli_stump_jumper wrote:A youtube video that is uploaded but designated as unlisted trips the blue light indicator. I just checked with one of my channels.

So the channel has unlisted videos that no one can find.

This supports Drifter's theory about them having unlisted videos.
I really like to imagine they finish a track (or snippets) and maybe an accompanying Super8 video and upload it on there, ready to unveil itself one day. :D

There really isn't anything going on at all though. Either with them or Warp. Hope it picks up soon.

Posts Quantity
for what it is worth, I follow quite a few inactive channels and it seems as if the alleged "puppet" accounts from these guys only show the blue dots on my end. since this became a thing, I've been observant and none of the others do that.

Posts Quantity
yeah, of course there could be bugs with the blue dots on youtube, but on my account it seems to function how it's supposed to..

i've never seen blue dots appear on probably more than half of what i'm subscribed to (quite a few inactive channels), so to me it seems that at least some activity must trigger these, whether or not it is for certain that it signifies a new upload.
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
ColinWallis wrote:yeah, of course there could be bugs with the blue dots on youtube, but on my account it seems to function how it's supposed to..

i've never seen blue dots appear on probably more than half of what i'm subscribed to (quite a few inactive channels), so to me it seems that at least some activity must trigger these, whether or not it is for certain that it signifies a new upload.

same. apparently Sheol, AtalantaFugiens, and HI (sometimes at the same time) are the only ones on mine that do it and even though I am barking in the dark, I have channels that haven't posted anything in 10+ years and they never have the so-called "buggy-blue dot". could be something, could be nothing.

Dayvan Cowboy
Maybe after June 24, (Post lonelady quarter) we'll get something nice. Probably not, but I still have a remaining shred of optimism we might get a summer/fall of BOC

Eagle Minded
I noticed a blue dot next to BOC’s account after OG poster mentioned his testing of the theory. Looked and nothing. They must be prepping and organizing. And getting ready for the next reveal. I imagine they will do more with a visual element next time around as it’s only been the trend moving forward in their career.

Boqurant
Someone on the BoC reddit with a 4 hour old account just posted the liner notes of Closes Vol. 1...

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... v5e/liner/

"annexsoughcraty" is the account name

Eagle Minded
That's hard to ignore.

Boqurant
Can we get a handwriting expert in here to compare that image to the Old Tunes liner notes? haha

Dayvan Cowboy
debugDolores wrote:Someone on the BoC reddit with a 4 hour old account just posted the liner notes of Closes Vol. 1...

I don't believe that is legit for a second lmao

Boqurant
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
debugDolores wrote:Someone on the BoC reddit with a 4 hour old account just posted the liner notes of Closes Vol. 1...

Yeah I'm skeptical but part of me still wants to believe. I don't understand the motive of someone who would post only the liner notes and nothing else about the album, probably because it's the easiest part to fake.

Posts Quantity
SamuraiDrifter wrote:

annexsoughcraty - hexagonsunarctan

Sherbet Head
Made in England tho

Dayvan Cowboy
luminousdusk wrote:Made in England tho

The Old Tunes casettes also say "Made In England."

Dayvan Cowboy
Twentington wrote:
SamuraiDrifter wrote:

annexsoughcraty - hexagonsunarctan

This reeks of Catherine Fell tomfoolery. (Not the actual guy, but that kind of method)

I say, music or GTFO :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada