GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
luminousdusk wrote:Can you expand on what you mean by naivety bring prevelant in the community?

Like everyone who believed that Hooper Bay was real is naive and that was some sort of cruel punishment being dished out?

I'm referring to people who believe any sort of fan project or boc-like track that claims to be real, without thinking critically about it. It just seems like people are acting like they're completely starved on boc content and it's frustrating to me. The fact that we have previously unreleased tracks like spiro, Seven forty seven, and XYZ shows us that they're well aware of what they're putting out there.
The fact that we have anything at all is a miracle.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Sherbet Head
Oh.. Yeah I've made that same point before, We have hours of music that technically we shouldn't have and we should be grateful for what we have. I think most people are grateful though.. and it is possible to be grateful for what we have yet still want more, That's just human nature

It's music at the end of the day, they sell it and we buy it, No need to be all stoic about it.. This is what we work for, To spend our money and enjoy the fruits of our labour

Posts Quantity
I'm sure that whatever they're plotting for the future will be just as good if not better than what we have right now.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Sherbet Head
qukk_ wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:Can you expand on what you mean by naivety bring prevelant in the community?

Like everyone who believed that Hooper Bay was real is naive and that was some sort of cruel punishment being dished out?

I'm referring to people who believe any sort of fan project or boc-like track that claims to be real, without thinking critically about it. It just seems like people are acting like they're completely starved on boc content and it's frustrating to me. The fact that we have previously unreleased tracks like spiro, Seven forty seven, and XYZ shows us that they're well aware of what they're putting out there.

Some people are still catching up man. not everyone was here for boc-history, remember we're talking 25+ yrs of material now. Half of us weren't even alive/capable of critical thinking while some of this content was happening (for example i was 11 when TH dropped). How do you expect them to be able to tell the difference without experiencing the trial and error like the rest of us have? It sucks to watch/experience but everyone here has done it at least once.

It's okay to get excited and it's okay to get the wrong idea. People need to admit when they're wrong and other people need to leave others alone and let them play ketchup. Getting a little tired of this mentality that 'we all know what's going on'. No we don't and we never have. We're all trying to figure it out together. Dawg there are BoC fans out there who still aren't even aware that another LP is coming out

Dayvan Cowboy
steeldancer-x wrote:
qukk_ wrote:

Some people are still catching up man. not everyone was here for boc-history, remember we're talking 25+ yrs of material now. Half of us weren't even alive/capable of critical thinking while some of this content was happening (for example i was 11 when TH dropped). How do you expect them to be able to tell the difference without experiencing the trial and error like the rest of us have? It sucks to watch/experience but everyone here has done it at least once.

It's okay to get excited and it's okay to get the wrong idea. People need to admit when they're wrong and other people need to leave others alone and let them play ketchup. Getting a little tired of this mentality that 'we all know what's going on'. No we don't and we never have. We're all trying to figure it out together. Dawg there are BoC fans out there who still aren't even aware that another LP is coming out

Well put and rightly said, and importantly, agreed. :wink:

Sherbet Head
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
steeldancer-x wrote:
qukk_ wrote:

Seconded, Well said

Dayvan Cowboy
Thanks friends.

Sherbet Head
Also if David Stubbs' quote is anything to go by..

"their next album will be about something - shaped (Hexagon) and coloured (Turquoise) like nothing else. And it will burn bright (Sun)!"

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
steeldancer-x wrote:

Thirded. I just try to post nice things in this thread rather than condescend on people. Really don't have any motive other than waiting out the wait and sharing in the love for a phenomenal band.

We have such a wide window from June to November with nothing to fill it in yet. I hope this can finally be the time. The Twitter did like a comment about what happens next so maybe it will be sooner than later :)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
qukk_ wrote:
arvy wrote:Tbh, he's out , next time nobody believes him, would he dare not to reveal his identity eventually?

last time 24h was enough. Honestly it would put much pressure on Mdg, and other administrators here, as such activity I believe can't go without a notice, they have to be first in the mix. So I believe next time we see a legit leak, it is a real deal. They shot themself in the foot cooking that fake hooper bay video

:)

It was supposed to be a joke. It wasn't Biz's fault that a few people lost their cool. besides, (not trying to be too much of a dick) that sort of naivety is prevalent in the community and nobody seems to be acknowledging it, so it was important that Biz and Demo brought it up in the hooper bay video.

The important part the acknowledging, unless you are ready to reveal yourself to the public, you better not faking anything here. And like I said eventually Mdg and other people in the circle should come up to shot down, the possible leak, which I think makes some unwanted traction.

We are getting to the point and I think this is the most crazy thing about these unreleased BoC music, are they even exists? So if they are not real, so what we even are doing here, speculating on names of nothing basically?

demo wrote: but you drank the kool aid

can I drink my kool aid please?

:roll:

Dayvan Cowboy
I have sources deep within Warp that are confirming to me, through back-channels, that the release will drop Sept 31, 2023. You read it here first folks.

Eagle Minded
How do we even respond to this.

Posts Quantity
Does anyone think we might see an end to the whole mystery/reclusive thing with the next release?

I know it was never an act or anything, and came from just being private in general, but I wonder if that could change with the next release and we'd see more regular interactions online, interviews, social media posts, liner notes on the releases, this kind of thing.

Eagle Minded
ryetronics wrote:I have sources deep within Warp that are confirming to me, through back-channels, that the release will drop Sept 31, 2023. You read it here first folks.

So you’re from Texas, which means I’m likely to believe you. You’ve joined this forum in 2006, so I have a hard time believing you’d lie just to get a cheap rise.

Is there anything else you can add??

Eagle Minded
Ugh ~:^B

Friendly Stranger
ryetronics wrote:I have sources deep within Warp that are confirming to me, through back-channels, that the release will drop Sept 31, 2023. You read it here first folks.

Interesting. My sources say it'll be the 0th October.

Friendly Stranger
Damn, that’s earlier than the February 30, 2024 date that I heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle Minded
3 Samples from Sheol Boundary
with 3 interesting coincedences

I mean bruh check out that April 5th date its like it was meant to be. Pioneer is my life blood I will die on this hill

This music video had aliens in it btw,, so basically New Album is about aliens obviously
in life after love?
I can feel something inside me say
I really don't think you're strong enough, no

Written by - Mike and Marcus Eoin Mcgregor SandyHexagonson

New Album Confirmed Oct 19

Eagle Minded

actually my dad works at boards of canada and he told me "colostomy memories" is coming out next thursday
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Sherbet Head
Sounds pretty shitty

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada