GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogandhi wrote:Has anything ever been released on any anniversary? Other than a Tee or repress? I don't know, genuine question.
Why has that idea become a thing to hope for?

Well in April 2018 pitchfork conducted an interview With BoC on the 20th anniversary of MHTRTC called “why boards of Canada’s music has the right to children is the greatest psychedelic album of the 90s”
Here’s a link https://pitchfork.com/features/article/why-boards-of-canadas-music-has-the-right-to-children-is-the-greatest-psychedelic-album-of-the-90s/

in a way MHTRTC was the first major anniversary of theirs, so they might do something similar for geogaddi in February 2022, considering this pitchfork one. Even if nothing comes of the geogaddi anniversary, we can still hold out for.........something

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogandhi wrote:Has anything ever been released on any anniversary? Other than a Tee or repress? I don't know, genuine question.

They issued a limited edition, hand-numbered lithograph print of the MHTRTC cover photo, which I have up in my room right now. But they've never issues a "special anniversary deluxe version" of an album or anything, and I have a hard time seeing them doing that in the future.

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:

They issued a limited edition, hand-numbered lithograph print of the MHTRTC cover photo, which I have up in my room right now. But they've never issues a "special anniversary deluxe version" of an album or anything, and I have a hard time seeing them doing that in the future.

May I ask (because I’ve never seen one myself) what is the print quality of your lithograph MHTRTC cover?, thinking of hopefully coming across a copy one day.

Dayvan Cowboy
Here's a fun numerology number that will likely be proven wrong but I couldn't pass it up: 6/6/2022
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
I would very much welcome this number theory as it will be my birthday then

Dayvan Cowboy
NTFMTS wrote:I would very much welcome this number theory as it will be my birthday then

It'll be everyone's birthday on here if it happens on that date :lol:

Friendly Stranger
Once again the number of the beast :twisted: 10 years after geogaddi

Dayvan Cowboy
Mafache wrote:Once again the number of the beast :twisted: 10 years after geogaddi

And I will rise from the ashes, climb out of my pit and say...........

“oh heck no, I’ve been sleeping for 8 years! Where are thou Boards of Canada?! I come from eternal damnation and this..THIS is what I have to deal with” *he mutters “nothing is what I have, bloody music making buggers!”

*the disappointed devil types angrily on his mobile and checks twoism before logging in*

“666theActualDevil” password - “666obvs“

“Nope! They’re just going on about vinyl setups, trans Canada highway fakes and adult swim bumpers! Space dates! Are ya mad? That Jeff bezos is giving this forum a run for their money”

*A now infuriated devil throws his phone against the wall*

“see you in another 8 years” :)

I’m not religious but I could totally see that happening.

Eagle Minded
Jupiter has a 12 year cycle around the sun. Hopefully it’s not following that time frame from TH.

Boqurant
boc plz come back

Dayvan Cowboy
bocbocbocboc wrote:boc plz come back

this thread be running on empty.

Worry not because Nala Sinephro releases her space album on Friday, and then we'll be back to praying that's it's finally BOC's turn

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:
bocbocbocboc wrote:boc plz come back

this thread be running on empty.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Gw_ALs5vU

Dayvan Cowboy
Love it. The longer the wait, the better the silence. You have to enjoy the journey!

Eagle Minded
Mmmmmyeah, I don’t know about that.

And Echelon is right, this group has fatigue.

Friendly Stranger
Seems like only yesterday this thread cracked 10k posts

Eagle Minded
Considering Fredd-E's post in the sticky thread about the theory that their Pioneer Plaque activity was the announcement of a finished album, like how their atomic bomb banner was the same with TH, and the timing with the HI "I Feel Good" video and activity on their various online accounts, I think they did this with the intention of injecting interest in the community. So therefore, I think that was them declaring they are back with a new album, and it is somewhere along the production line. They're just waiting on Warp to move the process along and I bet it won't be too long till we get more info or something even better. Warp could be playing coy because hints about anything new might be exactly what they don't want to spill out.

EDIT: Also I'm still convinced the "Turn that Smile Upside Down" adult swim bump was breadcrumbs left by them in a similar way, something that they knew fans could possibly pick up on, and again I reiterate, the bump echoes the HI "I Feel Good" video with the same vibe. I'm waiting to be proven wrong, but it all seems pretty on the nose for them to do this kind of stuff. Their activity reflects that they know something is coming not so long from now

Dayvan Cowboy
NTFMTS wrote:Considering Fredd-E's post in the sticky thread about the theory that their Pioneer Plaque activity was the announcement of a finished album, like how their atomic bomb banner was the same with TH, and the timing with the HI "I Feel Good" video and activity on their various online accounts, I think they did this with the intention of injecting interest in the community. So therefore, I think that was them declaring they are back with a new album, and it is somewhere along the production line. They're just waiting on Warp to move the process along and I bet it won't be too long till we get more info or something even better. Warp could be playing coy because hints about anything new might be exactly what they don't want to spill out.

EDIT: Also I'm still convinced the "Turn that Smile Upside Down" adult swim bump was breadcrumbs left by them in a similar way, something that they knew fans could possibly pick up on, and again I reiterate, the bump echoes the HI "I Feel Good" video with the same vibe. I'm waiting to be proven wrong, but it all seems pretty on the nose for them to do this kind of stuff. Their activity reflects that they know something is coming not so long from now

Are you saying, that BOC already finished their album last september and Warp still holding it in post-production?

Boqurant
OT but man this sounds like it is straight from the Societas x Tape. Diggin it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0dFBoCKUhU
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw

Dayvan Cowboy
NTFMTS wrote:and the timing with the HI "I Feel Good" video

Maybe "I Feel Good" was their way of partying. Maybe there was an update in the production queue that gave them a reason to celebrate

Dayvan Cowboy
tumuli_stump_jumper wrote:OT but man this sounds like it is straight from the Societas x Tape. Diggin it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0dFBoCKUhU

Love myself a bit of khruangbin, their kind of psychedelic soul funk is quite addicting. Especially the “time (you and I)” music video with Stephen K Amos! Been playing this recently, I figured BoC fans would appreciate this as it fits in with the space theme we’re all speculating about. :] https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w_m4FbA9WyM

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada