GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
arvy wrote:Are you saying, that BOC already finished their album last september and Warp still holding it in post-production?

Possibly, but not exactly. I'm just saying all those things were basically them confirming an album, though I can't prove that I just believe all signs point to that

Posts Quantity
I don't know if it means anything or what day BoC made this change, but a few months ago the Hell Interface video - nuevas semillas and tarekeys - csch were still as unlisted, but now they're private.

Sherbet Head
Magic Orange wrote:I don't know if it means anything or what day BoC made this change, but a few months ago the Hell Interface video - nuevas semillas and tarekeys - csch were still as unlisted, but now they're private.

YouTube made all unlisted videos private last month.

Friendly Stranger
Any unlisted videos posted before 2017 were automatically made private if no action was taken to opt out by the account owner. I'm sure BOC probably doesn't care if the videos go private so they didn't do anything to stop the change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayvan Cowboy
Time to wax our nightmares til late October
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
NTFMTS wrote:
arvy wrote:Are you saying, that BOC already finished their album last september and Warp still holding it in post-production?

Possibly, but not exactly. I'm just saying all those things were basically them confirming an album, though I can't prove that I just believe all signs point to that

Yeah, still very strong words in BOC case. This is why I was paraphrasing you. But if it has been true, this is huge. No matter how long till the actual release, but this means the artistic struggle is over. And you can just relax and sip some beverage until it is drop. It is also means the speculation of what the next album could be is also should come to end. Because it is already not in BOC hands to possibly change it.

Eagle Minded
“Aliens”

Dayvan Cowboy
Agreed

Dayvan Cowboy
I suspect with all the Discordian toying with their fans through the internet and social media, as well as the use of a deep fake video, we might be getting some kind of commentary on the degradation of truth in the digital age - not sure how that would be reflected aesthetically, though.

Dayvan Cowboy
Well ABBA are back with a new one called voyage, Just been announced and sounds spacey! Not really a fan of ABBA but if artists old and new are releasing music about now, then here’s to optimism for a BoC Release just down the line (the production line) :D
Also I don’t think there will be but if there’s an ARG for the new album, that’ll take some time to arrange. Won’t it?

Happy Cycler
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Well ABBA are back with a new one called voyage, Just been announced and sounds spacey! Not really a fan of ABBA but if artists old and new are releasing music about now, then here’s to optimism for a BoC Release just down the line (the production line) :D
Also I don’t think there will be but if there’s an ARG for the new album, that’ll take some time to arrange. Won’t it?

All BoC's transmissions over the last year or two have secretly been to prep us for the new ABBA album.
It just makes sense, people.

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Well ABBA are back with a new one called voyage, Just been announced and sounds spacey! Not really a fan of ABBA but if artists old and new are releasing music about now, then here’s to optimism for a BoC Release just down the line (the production line) :D

All BoC's transmissions over the last year or two have secretly been to prep us for the new ABBA album.
It just makes sense, people.

“Gimme gimme gimme some BOC after midnight’ :wink:

Eagle Minded
SamuraiDrifter wrote:I suspect with all the Discordian toying with their fans through the internet and social media, as well as the use of a deep fake video, we might be getting some kind of commentary on the degradation of truth in the digital age - not sure how that would be reflected aesthetically, though.

I think that deep fake video was definitely a comment on that, and also an acknowledgement about the state of the world - a total nightmare. They've always established this sense of paranoia of and distrust of the internet in general. I think it was Marcus who went to school to study AI, if not then it was Mike, but altogether, I think the brothers are always observing the absurdities going on throughout the internet

The darker tones of their music could not possibly be more relevant in this present day

Dayvan Cowboy
It's more improbable that ABBA reunited and released a new album than the idea of BOC releasing a new album. One because BOC never broke up and two they've been hinting at it on social media and elsewhere.

Eagle Minded
Someone on FB just hypothesized that TH's Telepath is a sample of Madonna's Live To Tell song (right at the beginning of the album version). I was skeptical in the beginning, but every time I go back and forth and compare, it seems like it could work.

I love the idea of these samples being right in front of our noses.

Davism wrote:Someone on FB just hypothesized that TH's Telepath is a sample of Madonna's Live To Tell song (right at the beginning of the album version). I was skeptical in the beginning, but every time I go back and forth and compare, it seems like it could work.

I guess this makes me a Madonna fan because Telepath is one of my favourite TH songs. Maybe even one of my favourite BoC songs altogether. :idea:

Dayvan Cowboy

The Vapors reunited and released an album last year after damn near 40 years, so yeah, anything's possible I suppose
Davism wrote:Someone on FB just hypothesized that TH's Telepath is a sample of Madonna's Live To Tell song (right at the beginning of the album version). I was skeptical in the beginning, but every time I go back and forth and compare, it seems like it could work.

Madonna also sampled ABBA, it all comes full circle :lol: , and yeah, I can't unhear it now. I still maintain that "Buckie High" is just "A Forest" by The Cure and the wobbly melody is just Smith's distorted voice.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
I honestly think now with the recent announcement of Nightmare on Wax being the big October album that we probably won't get a new BOC this year....unless there's a surprise announcement in December and a release in Jan/Feb

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:I honestly think now with the recent announcement of Nightmare on Wax being the big October album that we probably won't get a new BOC this year....unless there's a surprise announcement in December and a release in Jan/Feb

i thought the same thing. it makes me worry that next year warp are gonna go "right, so we can release it now or wait a few more months and have the 1 decade publicity thing going. better wait"
yes, i would love to be free!

Echelon wrote:I honestly think now with the recent announcement of Nightmare on Wax being the big October album that we probably won't get a new BOC this year....unless there's a surprise announcement in December and a release in Jan/Feb

I'm afraid you might be right if they indeed act sparingly with their big releases.

Just for reference their monthly Spotify listeners:
- Boards of Canada: 861K
- Nightmares on Wax: 1.4M

Guess the new NoW is Warp's big fall release for 2021. Ugh.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada