GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Warp just posted this to facebook. What do you reckon it means? Warp 30? New BoC? its certainly intriguing..

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5D52F26F

Eagle Minded
whyte wrote:Warp just posted this to facebook. What do you reckon it means? Warp 30? New BoC? its certainly intriguing..

My money is on Warp30, which also most likely means new BoC. :D
no information at this moment in time

Posts Quantity
TheStatPow wrote:Interesting thing I've noticed today on reddit.

I was on a thread on r/boardsofcanada and this guy said "I drink coffee with one of them nearly everyday, your patience may well be rewarded."

Now, it sounds dumb just like that and just fake and not a possibility until you look up the guy.

Username is Andyla1ng. On google I stumbled upon the name "Andrew Laing" Makes sense and matches the username.

Googling that name in scotland gave me a guy who performed on a Barista competition! He Lives currently in Edinburgh and is heavily into coffee stuff.

So its not too far fetched that this guy might be telling the truth and IS actually enjoying a nice coffee with them since he's one of the best at his thing in scotland.

Sources:

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... ?context=3

His LinkedIn:

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andrew-laing-501365144

"Customer service and Retail
The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland
mars 2017 – juillet 2017 5 months
Edinburgh, United Kingdom"

"Barista and cafe assistant
Sainsbury's
juin 2013 – février 2016 2 ans 9 months
Stirling"

Nice! This could very well be legitimate. A fake post probably would've been more overt, like "I've heard the new album, it sounds incredible!"

Roswell wrote:
whyte wrote:Warp just posted this to facebook. What do you reckon it means? Warp 30? New BoC? its certainly intriguing..

My money is on Warp30, which also most likely means new BoC. :D

Oooh! Exciting! :)

Eagle Minded
Wow, I leave the thread for one day and come back to all of this? Neat! I guess I've gotten a little to used to not having much activity here that when I see an entire page to read through, I feel like a kid in a candy shop.

Interesting comment over on r/boardsofcanada, four months ago though. I never even noticed, but it was my thread that he commented on! Oh, the downfalls of getting upwards of fifty messages a day since I'm active in moderating r/classicalmusic. It's like god damn tech support sometimes, I tell ya.

It appears that Andyla1ng doesn't have a detailed post history, only a handful of messages. It does look like he mentions something about Scotland on a Brexit thread, so yeah, this is quite interesting. Just another iron in the speculative fire, for now. He has been on Reddit for four years, so I guess that looks better than a new profile. I'd take what he says with a grain of salt, but nonetheless it makes a fan curious.

I've been "feeling" more and more like something is around the corner. You're used to me saying this kind of thing by now, but this time it really feels like we are getting closer to some type of teaser. The opportune place for this to occur would be at Warp30, it is quite fascinating that they posted the aforementioned aerial image with all of the X's already. My first thought was that the purple sticks (or whatever they are) almost look like arteries or nerves (I've spent too much time working in a hospital for my own good). The dirt/scorched Earth looking ground reminds me of the aftermath of Tomorrow's Harvest, but then again, I'm probably reading too far into matters, like I always seem to do. Strangely enough, when I click reverse image search nothing shows up, but it suggests similar images, and the second one it suggested was one about Mozart lol.

I wonder what Opothecary would think of all of the X's in the image. They are there for a reason, by but god, if there is anyone to ever decode it, it would certainly be him. You still alive bro?

Eagle Minded
If you look at the last row of larger X's "BOARDSOFCANADA" fits.

It's a long shot and most likely wrong, but at the very least, I entertain myself.

Eagle Minded
There was also a second post on their Instagram live feed!! I’ll try to post it

Sherbet Head
Roswell wrote:There was also a second post on their Instagram live feed!! I’ll try to post it

Post it!!!
Suck my BUTT

Sherbet Head
Second column fits "A brand new album by" followed by last column "boards of canada"

the Tomorrow's Harvest ARG used X's for codes we had to guess.

Absolutely too far fetched but I love it!
Last edited by TheStatPow on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
https://imgur.com/a/Pyjg08R
Here it is! Not gonna lie, I 100% think its a Warp30 teaser, but I definitely think that the brothers will make at least one appearance.

The caption for a lot of these posts is "WXAXRXP." XXX = 30?

Sherbet Head
Roswell wrote:https://imgur.com/a/Pyjg08R
Here it is! Not gonna lie, I 100% think its a Warp30 teaser, but I definitely think that the brothers will make at least one appearance.

Thanks!
Suck my BUTT

Sherbet Head
TheStatPow wrote:
Roswell wrote:https://imgur.com/a/Pyjg08R

Thanks!

Image size is 960 by 960.

9 + 6 + 0 + 9 + 6 + 0 IS 30

And a total of 128 X's on the first picture.
Suck my BUTT

Sherbet Head
luminousdusk wrote:
apparently the close encounters sample from that tune was played over speakers outside the event while people were queuing to get in

Which part of that is from close encounters?

Sorry I can't seem to find how to quote a post.. But forgive me its the sample from the supposed 'close 3' I was thinking of

Eagle Minded

Sherbet Head

Dayvan Cowboy
^ June the 9th as well. Very significant date.
this is honestly big news

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:^ June the 9th as well. Very significant date.
this is honestly big news

:shock: I didn't think about that!

Sherbet Head
Holy craaaaaaaaap
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
Anyone able to figure out if the pop ups are happening anywhere else? I can't imagine they'd limit it to only Japan for such an event like their 30 year anniversary... unless something really big is going to happen that they haven't alluded to yet. I guess we'll wait for Warp's official statement

Eagle Minded
^ Holy hell. June 9th just like the song. This is interesting! What can we expect?

Do we have any users in Japan that could check it out?

I am sitting here hoping for a random BoC album to be "found" in the store when the day comes, but then again, I should probably lower my expectations.

Dayvan Cowboy
Mozart wrote:Do we have any users in Japan that could check it out?

Twoism has a weird gap in that respect. When attempting to do translations of Japanese articles using online auto-translate and re-interpreting them I asked about whether there were any Japanese members of the community that might be interested in doing so. I was told that there were effectively no Japanese members of twoism active.

Anyone from Japan, please feel free to come and correct me.
We could use your help anyway.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada