GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Has the "Roles Features In Bundle" always been there on https://bleep.com/artist/78-boards-of-canada ???
no information at this moment in time

Dayvan Cowboy
tonx wrote:My wish: One day soon there’ll be a tweet with a URL and a 2 hour warning and a livestream will commence of material we’ve never heard before.

Well...there are 69 tweets ;)

I'm not into numerology but I feel that they might not be able to resist that one.

Roswell wrote:Has the "Roles Features In Bundle" always been there on https://bleep.com/artist/78-boards-of-canada ???

I remember being bored and being curious about that too. It just refers to a bundle that involves Hi-Scores and some other merchandise sadly.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
I have a VisualPing alert set up for boardsofcanada.com - looks like this changed from 'Roles: Feature Artist' to 'Roles: Features in Bundle' on April 22nd. (and see Echelon's post above about what that means)

Roswell wrote:Has the "Roles Features In Bundle" always been there on https://bleep.com/artist/78-boards-of-canada ???

Funny VisualPing note - many of the alerts that come through are picked up from government changes to the Work and Compensations Boards of Canada!!

Eagle Minded
I think we'll see new BoC announced soon. 2021

Dayvan Cowboy
https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... rs_without
Meme I posted a couple weeks ago but still relevant now and probably will be relevant for a long time :P

Dayvan Cowboy
Moloch wrote:The sky is eerily blue

It would be

Posts Quantity
there's a very boards of canada feel in the air lately...

Eagle Minded
tvsr wrote:there's a very boards of canada feel in the air lately...

I agree completely, something in my gut tells me there will be news from them sooner than later.

Posts Quantity
you might think im crazy, but i think so as well :shock:

Dayvan Cowboy
Give it a bit longer and... sit tight ;)

Sherbet Head
You are all way more optimistic than I am. At this point, I'm of the belief that Harvest was all she wrote. Twoism and Harvest make good bookends to their career. Granted, they supposedly have more album(s) on their contract, but contracts don't really mean anything in an industry where many artists have gotten out of their contracts for one reason or another. I'd love to be proven wrong, but nothing really jumps out at me as being a positive sign we are getting anything new any time soon.

Dayvan Cowboy
zeoevil wrote:You are all way more optimistic than I am. At this point, I'm of the belief that Harvest was all she wrote. Twoism and Harvest make good bookends to their career. Granted, they supposedly have more album(s) on their contract, but contracts don't really mean anything in an industry where many artists have gotten out of their contracts for one reason or another. I'd love to be proven wrong, but nothing really jumps out at me as being a positive sign we are getting anything new any time soon.

I agree about Tomorrow's Harvest being their last album.

If anything it's probably an archival release. A few people over the years have hinted at them working on something. People like Black Dog, Martin Boulton, and PIC. There was Societas Tape with it's "Give it a bit longer" message and all the likes on Twitter about new albums.

Wasn't Tomorrow's Harvest also teased by obscure whispers over the years?

Sherbet Head
I haven't posted any ridiculous, completely unfounded speculation in awhile, so here goes.

The next BoC album after TH wasn't going to be a BoC album. It was going to be a David Bowie album produced by BoC. When Bowie sadly passed, the all the planning and prep work the brothers had been doing came to an abrupt halt. See their twitter tribute to Bowie, "there are no words". They have only recently begun to work on new material after spending a long time figuring out what they want to do next.

How's that?

Dayvan Cowboy
No, they are not retired. But that doens't mean they are going to drop new music tomorrow. Or next month. Or even this year. Mainly because music is not made just by wishfull thinking or speculation. It is the product of job done well. You can not rush it if you want a good result. If you see that it doesn't work, do you still want to release it. Or work on it just a little more. At the end, the released music will be out forever. You can not change those flaws. So it better be 100 proc. done. And it probably even more than just that. That only they shoud know.

Dayvan Cowboy
Josh wrote:I haven't posted any ridiculous, completely unfounded speculation in awhile, so here goes.

The next BoC album after TH wasn't going to be a BoC album. It was going to be a David Bowie album produced by BoC. When Bowie sadly passed, the all the planning and prep work the brothers had been doing came to an abrupt halt. See their twitter tribute to Bowie, "there are no words". They have only recently begun to work on new material after spending a long time figuring out what they want to do next.

How's that?

You know what adds slight credence to this awesome theory? MDG stopped being a presence on here after 2015. Right after Bowie died.

But on the other hand, does that mean they were going to produce Blackstar or was this a different album? Bowie did mention he was listening to Boards of Canada around the time he died.

Edit: Last MDG post was Fri Dec 04, 2015 and Bowie died in January so man, that's all too coincidental!

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:
Josh wrote:I haven't posted any ridiculous, completely unfounded speculation in awhile, so here goes.

How's that?

You know what adds slight credence to this awesome theory? MDG stopped being a presence on here after 2015. Right after Bowie died.

But on the other hand, does that mean they were going to produce Blackstar or was this a different album? Bowie did mention he was listening to Boards of Canada around the time he died.

Edit: Last MDG post was Fri Dec 04, 2015 and Bowie died in January so man, that's all too coincidental!

maybe mdg was bowie.

:wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
tvsr wrote:
Echelon wrote:

How's that?

maybe mdg was bowie.

:wink:

lmao, it's certainly not his first persona, or his most out-there one either :lol:

Sherbet Head
:|

Eagle Minded
What if Bowie was a Hexagon Sun member? :shock:

Sherbet Head
Avoid Web Id

the internet is evil.
wake up.

The plot thickens...
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada