GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Sky and Trails wrote:By the way, I tried Discord.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:
Sky and Trails wrote:By the way, I tried Discord.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

phpBB [media]

:lol:

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:Time for me to chime in with a fun theory of mine. :twisted:

https://warp.net/releases

Warp just announced its 664th release. Stereolab - Pulse Of The Early Brain [Switched On Volume 5]. Release in September.

I like to do some predictions.
  • 665 - Boards of Canada - "LP5" (August, 2022)
  • 666 - Hell Interface - "Fabled Set Of Old Tunes" (August, 2022)
PS: Don't forget all this started with the Hell Interface shenanigans in April 2021. See also: timeline.

Recap:
  • July 2022: Wu-Lu
  • August 2022: BoC + Hell Interface
  • September 2022: Stereolab
A man can dream?

yes yes yes
6. 6. 6

Posts Quantity
wouldn't it be kind of odd if they didn't give BoC the 666th release??

i mean, c'mon

who else on Warp records "deserves" it as much as Boards of Canada??

:twisted:
"R-Worded"

Boqurant
Did I miss something?

Eagle Minded
bocbocbocboc wrote:Did I miss something?

The prophecy was true
Boards of Canada is gonna release a new album.

8:22

and it falls on a Monday

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:Time for me to chime in with a fun theory of mine. :twisted:

https://warp.net/releases

Warp just announced its 664th release. Stereolab - Pulse Of The Early Brain [Switched On Volume 5]. Release in September.

I like to do some predictions.
  • 665 - Boards of Canada - "LP5" (August, 2022)
  • 666 - Hell Interface - "Fabled Set Of Old Tunes" (August, 2022)
PS: Don't forget all this started with the Hell Interface shenanigans in April 2021. See also: timeline.

Recap:
  • July 2022: Wu-Lu
  • August 2022: BoC + Hell Interface
  • September 2022: Stereolab
A man can dream?

This is such a fun theory. If it wasn't written by you, Fredd, you should put it in your own news and findings haha

If they legitimately released it in the August of 8/22 then they'd be self fulfilling prophets.

This will be my head canon til nothing happens in August haha
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Only thing I want to add to the numerology in this thread is that Warp currently have 663 official releases. Why does that matter? The devil is in the details ;) perhaps we wait a few more releases and see where we're at.

Disclaimer: this is for fun and that's all.

Hey!!!

Happy Cycler

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:Image

'Tis a top quality meme, but oh blimey, don't get me ruddy started on Stranger Things. I'm in the #IKnewKateBushBeforeRUTHGotFamous camp. If that ain't a mouthful enough hashtag. :wink:

If there was a reality where Play By Numbers saved Max's life, I can imagine this place would be swamped by rabid Netflix fans. "Numerator" (tiktok cover) by ShantellGaddi69-er! :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
I wonder how BOC feel about eighties nostalgia from people who were never there?

Going by Marcus in that TH interview about Instagram, I'm sure they'd have some funny, crotchety remark about it.

Been on an eighties phase myself but it had more to do with that new Tears For Fears album XD

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:I wonder how BOC feel about eighties nostalgia from people who were never there?

Going by Marcus in that TH interview about Instagram, I'm sure they'd have some funny, crotchety remark about it.

Been on an eighties phase myself but it had more to do with that new Tears For Fears album XD

I earnestly believe the '80s to be the most influential decade on modern pop culture and love so many genres that got boosted during that time to death (New Wave, Post Punk, Industrial, Darkwave, House, Synthpop, the list goes on), but I can't stand it when people just latch onto the "aEsThEtIc" of the eighties because Mike Score had a unique hair-do (their first album was actually fantastic btw) or they listened to too much Vaporwave. The overproduced sound of pop music in the latter half of the decade is probably the worst "dated sound" of the past 60 years IMO. The decade is a treasure trove of great music if you search beyond the FM hits stations.

Rant over.
-some person that never lived in the '80s
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Posts Quantity
lots of people seem to have an incredibly caricaturized, shallow / surface level idea of the 80s, all hair metal and Miami Vice, over produced pop and so on.. but in reality it was one of the most evolutionary times for probably every single art form. we saw the birth of hip hop, electronic music, and multiple facets of experimental music.. it is definitely a "pet peeve" of mine how (ignorant) people view and judge that decade.

it seems to be largely from people viewing technological advancements in art as perversion or something, but that is clearly just a massive misunderstanding.
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
The 80s were very bleak in many regards, and I feel the pessimistic outlook many of us felt translates very well to modern times, you know, with ww3 looming over us and all…
1986 Summer Fire

Dayvan Cowboy
Adding to the above posts (which are both great) the stuff on Societas that came from the eighties is a great example of what lied beneath the surface of the mainstream. It's genuinely some dark, esoteric and highly creative stuff that influenced our favorite IDM band.

I guess the choices BOC made for their mixtape is their thoughts on the eighties and what was the best music at the time and why they prefer the eighties to the nineties in that one interview.

Dayvan Cowboy
The 90s are a soft-spot era for me, all of the different sounds that the 80s created the foundations for and built, the 90's took off and ran with. West-coast hip-hop, Madchester, Big-beat (a subgenre of late-80s Acid.), Hardcore-Industrial, Trip-hop.

These listed decades all had a such a wide variety of sounds and styles, from the 70's-00's, I couldn't favour one over the other. :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:The 90s are a soft-spot era for me, all of the different sounds that the 80s created the foundations for and built, the 90's took off and ran with. West-coast hip-hop, Madchester, Big-beat (a subgenre of late-80s Acid.), Hardcore-Industrial, Trip-hop.

These listed decades all had a such a wide variety of sounds and styles, from the 70's-00's, I couldn't favour one over the other. :D

All the decades have their own specific greatness, but I find it better to divide each decade in half instead of just clumping everything as just "the '80s" or "the '90s" (thank you music services for perpetuating this line of thought :roll: ). All the trends just kind of react to each other. Innovative new wave acts get exposure when MTV comes out, video kills the radio star as we all know, the latter half gets flashy and commercial, then the teens and young adults of the MTV generation go back to innovative styles like the Rave and Grunge scenes.

In my opinion, though, the '90s is my personal favorite for electronica. Club music seemed to get boring towards the end of the 2000s after Trance and Euro-House got traded for EDM and Brostep. The same for DnB (one of, if not, my all time favorite genres), but I think the recent trend of Breakcore is giving some new life to the genre.

Dayvan Cowboy
1980's reminds Me of Cold War, missiles stockpiles around 50 000 to 80 000 on EACH side, nuclear exercises in schools. Paranoia was rampant, and it was truly a "no future" time.

Strangely enough, today is much more of a "no future" era

Let's get our collective asses in gear.
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Dayvan Cowboy
Magrathea wrote:1980's reminds Me of Cold War, missiles stockpiles around 50 000 to 80 000 on EACH side, nuclear exercises in schools. Paranoia was rampant, and it was truly a "no future" time.

Strangely enough, today is much more of a "no future" era

Let's get our collective asses in gear.

Correction on numbers, sorry

Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Dayvan Cowboy
Magrathea wrote:Let's get our collective asses in gear.

I can't even muster a sarcastic joke, it's just depressing now.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada