GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
I don't care when anymore, just as long as it happens

Friendly Stranger
Geogandhi wrote:They're done, it's simple. No need to be sad, just find some other new music.

Pretty sure there were similar posts to the above in this very thread between 2010 and early 2013.

Funny how history repeats...

Geogandhi wrote:They're done, it's simple.

I don't know if they are susceptible to reverse psychology?

Dayvan Cowboy
Hope they are laughing with us, not at us

Posts Quantity
again,

i just don't understand ignoring not only the "new album on it's way" confirmation, but also the talks of the BoCset in the past..... it's kind of silly impatience honestly. like we have no reason, other than the amount of time between albums (which is not a good argument at all, especially since they have never stopped making new material like remixes, the mixtape etc.) to believe that they are "done".

now, for sure things probably come slower now since they have families, and good chance that they are even more so perfectionists now than they have been in the past. but i do not understand this irrational impatient attitude of "they're definitely done forever, even though they keep doing stuff".

i guess i find it a little bit annoying.

like sorry, it's just incredibly obvious that they aren't done guys..

personally i actually imagine that we will see multiple albums yet. i would guess probably at least 3 more.

:D
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
ColinWallis wrote:
personally i actually imagine that we will see multiple albums yet. i would guess probably at least 3 more.

Yeah! Stay tuned!

Eagle Minded
Every time I pick a date a say "there's no way it won't happen by then", that dates slides by with nothing. I hate the fact that even though I said "something HAS to happen by July 2023" I know it will be just another date that will pass with no album.

Posts Quantity
The Spaniard wrote:
ColinWallis wrote:

Yeah! Stay tuned!

well yeah, i mean they aren't that old...

i feel like people act as if they are in their 70s or something lol.
"R-Worded"

New Seed
Any reason to believe that the "new album on it's way" PM is not a fake ? I mean I hope it's real and that the new album will be released later this year but...

Dayvan Cowboy
Cernunnos wrote:Any reason to believe that the "new album on it's way" PM is not a fake ? I mean I hope it's real and that the new album will be released later this year but...

I'll refer you to this reply mine, last-er the time. :]

Ey up;
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
dolochov wrote:Are we sure that PM is 100% legit? Seems something pretty easy to modify with a picture editing tool

To the "hip" to tha "hop", to the "baby" to tha "lulu", this friend, it ain't no photoshop. :wink:
https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada/comments/vpgmg0/some_people_were_doubting_the_authenticity_of_my/

Not exactly bar spitting, but still, boccers delight.

ColinWallis wrote:like sorry, it's just incredibly obvious that they aren't done guys..
QFT

New Seed
Great ! There's hope !

Posts Quantity
I mean, look at it this way: would you rather A: listen to a record where its creators spend as much time as they need to make it as good as possible, or B: listen to a record where it's rushed and released a few months ahead of schedule, thus resulting in it being panned by both fans and critics. Imo, I think that if we're all honest with ourselves, the answer is obvious.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Dayvan Cowboy
qukk_ wrote:I mean, look at it this way: would you rather A: listen to a record where its creators spend as much time as they need to make it as good as possible, or B: listen to a record where it's rushed and released a few months ahead of schedule, thus resulting in it being panned by both fans and critics. Imo, I think that if we're all honest with ourselves, the answer is obvious.

This. Not to mention BOC reinvent themselves each album. I hate to keep comparing them to Daft Punk (I know some take it as an insult) but both of those groups changed their sound each album.

It's a tall order and DP couldn't do it so they split. I think BOC aren't going to do that but it's very hard to be acclaimed and change your sound each album at the same time.

I personally just treat the hypothetical fifth BOC album as something to always look forward to and until they break up or state otherwise, I believe one day we will have it.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:Hope they are laughing with us, not at us

We're the ones who need to quit viewing them like gods (myself 100% included). I hope they are sittin and spinnin with it all

Posts Quantity
They've mentioned before how expectations and pressures from the outside world don't really affect them, so they're probably just busy with their families or working while the rest of us circlejerk ourselves into oblivion, but again they have their own problems to deal with in their private lives so it's not exactly respectful to wonder about that stuff.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Dayvan Cowboy
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
bingo wings wrote:
Geogandhi wrote:They're done, it's simple. No need to be sad, just find some other new music.

Pretty sure there were similar posts to the above in this very thread between 2010 and early 2013.

Maybe we can talk about something else for a fucking change then.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:
bingo wings wrote:

Maybe we can talk about something else for a fucking change then.

I have wanted to say this.

New Seed
I'm curious what direction they'll take this time, specially after the bleakness and coldness of TH (what a fucking great album BTW still underrated 10 years after release) I hope for a fully psychedelic album !

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada