GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
My own theory on the Bleep matter, btw, is that Bleep are a lot more open to responding to inquiries than Warp is. They told me that something was coming in 2019, post Warp 30, and sure enough, we got XYZ. They’re in charge of the supply chain and distributing product, so I think they accidentally spilled the beans about a BOC set before realizing how quickly it blew up, courtesy of us BOC fans.
Warp probably told them to nix the BOC talk.
Honestly, I don’t think Warp/Bleep interns are on BOC’s twitter, but I do think they observe the BOC fan community, considering how much buzz and hype we generate about them. Pretty sure they don’t want anything leaking out before the time actually comes to do so :P
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
They know about us, most certainly. They're just tryna mess with us, that's all :) hoping for something new in the pipeline
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Dayvan Cowboy
some optimism for ya, a post that resonates with me at this moment in time.
"polar sky wrote:
there are a lot of good people on here that have stuck with this board for a long time....and a lot of good people who have left or post less and less because of the repeat topics and the lack of any real news. sucks because back in 2005 (i was under a different user name) this place was jumping with topics! when this new album comes out, we will see some of those great topics again. i hope. PEACE

-polar sky, 2010

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:some optimism for ya, a post that resonates with me at this moment in time.
"polar sky wrote:
there are a lot of good people on here that have stuck with this board for a long time....and a lot of good people who have left or post less and less because of the repeat topics and the lack of any real news. sucks because back in 2005 (i was under a different user name) this place was jumping with topics! when this new album comes out, we will see some of those great topics again. i hope. PEACE

-polar sky, 2010

We’re in a mirror image of the last gap between albums, but there are crucial differences.
There are a lot more remixes, a mix-tape and social media activity signifying future work. There’s also people who claim to know someone from the band coming out of the woodwork, telling us about a new album in the pressing plant, PIC telling us to sit tight and bizarre Hell Interface plaques and activities.
The only thing our friends had back in six to thirteen was MDG reassuring everyone that “yes it was coming” and he was actually wrong quite a bit. First predicting there would be multiple albums in ten.
All in all, I’m trying to stick this out as long as I can. I imagine there was a similar feeling of hopelessness voiced back in Polarsky’s quote. But it won’t always be a nuclear winter. Spring will come again.

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:some optimism for ya, a post that resonates with me at this moment in time.
"polar sky wrote:

-polar sky, 2010

I was just thinking about something like this the other day. As someone who discovered and promptly geeked out on BoC right in the middle of those empty years leading up to TH, I realize I don't have much to say about the band these days. I kinda look at this subforum more as a newsletter than actually posting most of the time. It seems like the current mood is more optimistic than back then though ('course that could have just been my teenage angst :roll: ) as I remember a lot of imposter tracks and teases of the unreleased old albums that were completely wrong.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote: They’re in charge of the supply chain and distributing product...

Now, hasn't there been a serious supply chain issue over the past 19 months? I know it has impacted all kinds of industries, and, more relevant to us, vinyl pressing facilities. I've seen some artists drop digital months before their vinyl. I have a feeling that there was a major delay with Warp's catalog.

I think the fact that Autechre re-prints are coming out is a really good sign! Warp/Bleep could be over the hump with some of the grand schemes that seemed to have been unfolding over the past few years, from Warp 30 to the BOC social media activity. We also know BOC want us to have the vinyl and all the artwork when we take our first listen to music they release, so I'm optimistic.

Dayvan Cowboy
Yeah, one thing's for sure - I can't imagine BOC doing a digital-only release, ever (or even putting a record on streaming services before physical copies are available). That just seems completely antithetical to their style.

Posts Quantity
Strange error from NCD. Probably doesn't mean anything but I've never seen this before.

Fly!

Eagle Minded
sandrail wrote:Strange error from NCD. Probably doesn't mean anything but I've never seen this before.

It's still up for me

Posts Quantity
Probably nothing just like that email address for avoiding spammers.
Fly!

Friendly Stranger
sandrail wrote:Strange error from NCD. Probably doesn't mean anything but I've never seen this before.

I think it's because you're trying to reach the ftp page, http://newcleardawn.com/ still works

Dayvan Cowboy
writetomhatcher wrote:
Echelon wrote: They’re in charge of the supply chain and distributing product...

Now, hasn't there been a serious supply chain issue over the past 19 months? I know it has impacted all kinds of industries, and, more relevant to us, vinyl pressing facilities. I've seen some artists drop digital months before their vinyl. I have a feeling that there was a major delay with Warp's catalog.

I think the fact that Autechre re-prints are coming out is a really good sign! Warp/Bleep could be over the hump with some of the grand schemes that seemed to have been unfolding over the past few years, from Warp 30 to the BOC social media activity. We also know BOC want us to have the vinyl and all the artwork when we take our first listen to music they release, so I'm optimistic.

I never thought of it the way you put it. We know they needed a supply chain overseer and perhaps it's to tackle some bigger projects that were a bit problematic during the covid and shipping issues

We might be seeing some heavier hitters soon :D

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote: I never thought of it the way you put it. We know they needed a supply chain overseer and perhaps it's to tackle some bigger projects that were a bit problematic during the covid and shipping issues

We might be seeing some heavier hitters soon :D

A giant boc box-set would be rather difficult to manufacture....

Friendly Stranger

I got a 403 error now. Did that error page stay up for long?

Eagle Minded
stomcode wrote:

I got a 403 error now. Did that error page stay up for long?

Ooh, now it's down for me too.

"This site can’t provide a secure connection"

Eagle Minded
Of what significance is the ftp site? I still get a 403 error when I go to it. It gives me that forbidden error on ftp.boardsofcanada.com and ftp.hellinterface.com too. What used to show up on the ftp site?
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded
Biznasty wrote:Of what significance is the ftp site? I still get a 403 error when I go to it. It gives me that forbidden error on ftp.boardsofcanada.com and ftp.hellinterface.com too. What used to show up on the ftp site?

I'm pretty sure the FTP URLs are used for the owner of the website (or anyone who has admin login for it) to upload and download files from the server. I could be very mistaken though, I'm still really new to "tech stuff" :P

Eagle Minded
FTP support is being dropped by every major internet browser so maybe that's why you're getting that error.
---
Fuck transphobes

Eagle Minded
What are you guys hoping to hear from the next album? The space theme that's been knocked around sounds pretty interesting to me, personally. I'd be interested to hear a continuous narrative space opera in album form from them. Or at the very least something with song transitions. Tomorrow's Harvest was lacking in that department.

That reddit post from months ago about the all black cover and the 10 minute track kind of mirrored what I'd like to see, except for the black cover. that doesn't feel right for boc and solid colour artwork is a tad boring, especially for boc... A ten minute track would be incredible though.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Sherbet Head
Biznasty wrote:What are you guys hoping to hear from the next album? The space theme that's been knocked around sounds pretty interesting to me, personally. I'd be interested to hear a continuous narrative space opera in album form from them. Or at the very least something with song transitions. Tomorrow's Harvest was lacking in that department.

That reddit post from months ago about the all black cover and the 10 minute track kind of mirrored what I'd like to see, except for the black cover. that doesn't feel right for boc and solid colour artwork is a tad boring, especially for boc... A ten minute track would be incredible though.

That description sounds a lot like Tim Hecker's Anoyo. Mostly black album cover with a cube-shaped Earth and a track that runs over nine minutes.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada