GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
theconiferoust wrote:Unpopular opinion, but Dayvan Cowboy was on my shit list for the longest time...Something about it was just too upbeat and happy-go-lucky sounding (for BoC) and put me off enjoying TCH. I guess I can't say it's one of my favorites, but I've probably had the biggest change of heart with it more than any other song by them. Jacquard Causeway, on the other hand, was probably the first song on TH that really made the album click and make sense to me.
Same thing with me, it was the only boards of Canada track I didn't like and I always skipped it. Probably because back then I was too pretentious about electronic music. I now listen to a lot of acoustic stuff and hate that I used to be like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayvan Cowboy
NorthSaturnian wrote:
drixlin wrote:Maybe he was kidnapped and brought to The Bunker because he was getting too close to the truth :mrgreen:

he was sentenced to 70 years imprisonment in the hexagon dimension

I feel like the hexagon dimension is the bros' version of the shadow realm XD

I'm trying to think of the BOC song that would play endlessly to torture people in there, but they're all so good I can't think of one. Though Way U Show might work, I know some people are annoyed by that one
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:
drixlin wrote:Maybe he was kidnapped and brought to The Bunker because he was getting too close to the truth :mrgreen:

he was sentenced to 70 years imprisonment in the hexagon dimension

I feel like the hexagon dimension is the bros' version of the shadow realm XD

I'm trying to think of the BOC song that would play endlessly to torture people in there, but they're all so good I can't think of one. Though Way U Show might work, I know some people are annoyed by that one

it's the first 3 seconds of happy cycling on an infinite loop
yes, i would love to be free!

Boqurant
That is my ring tone. I love it!
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw

Friendly Stranger
Thinking about it now it does seem like a pretty great ringtone but I feel like it would ruin the track for me.

Eagle Minded
tumuli_stump_jumper wrote:That is my ring tone. I love it!

you're a warp20 infinite guy i assume
yes, i would love to be free!

Eagle Minded
I had a dream. The brothers released a new album but it sounded and looked like a 6IX9INE album. It was horrible, more like a fever dream, fortunately I woke up before it went any further.

Eagle Minded
8/12=.6666666

Boqurant
Happy Cycling ring tone for sh!t that winds me up (work) and Over the Horizon Radar for the rest of my chill life. 8)
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw

Dayvan Cowboy
So if I was to venture a guess when some big stuff will finally drop, it's after 09.24.21. That's when the Flying Lotus soundtrack finally is released physically in the west. He's the highest profile artist to release anything new this year and they'll probably need to get it out to a lot of people, hence the hiring of a new supply chain manager.

So announcement in late August, early September on the anniversary of the Pioneer's Plaque dropping, and then release in October/November.

Don't worry, I already know I'll be wrong so I won't have to vanish like Mr. Cary haha.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
I think it's just the nature of the algorithm, but after listening to the nevermen instrumental remix, my top recommended video on youtube was this

phpBB [media]

It was never confirmed to be from boc, but it's just a funny thing that I thought was worth mentioning

tbc: I'm still convinced that lil thing is made by them, and the "I feel good" hell interface thing echoes this

Posts Quantity
Was anyone ever able to figure what was was scratched out from the runout of the XXXXXX promo 12"?

You can see it in this image: https://ibb.co/K2gJ3NF

Sometimes if something is scratched out from a runout, it's still possible to read what was already there.

Posts Quantity
NTFMTS wrote:I think it's just the nature of the algorithm, but after listening to the nevermen instrumental remix, my top recommended video on youtube was this

phpBB [media]

It was never confirmed to be from boc, but it's just a funny thing that I thought was worth mentioning

tbc: I'm still convinced that lil thing is made by them, and the "I feel good" hell interface thing echoes this

i too am still very curious about this one as well as the balloon clip.

fingers crossed for the next few months. :}
"R-Worded"

Eagle Minded
boardsofcanada.com (the Bleep page) is missing some vital releases. MHTRTC, IABPOITC, TCH and Twoism are not appearing within the discography. Has this always been the case, or is this a recent development?

Either way, it's likely to be a glitch, but thought it was probably worth a mention. After all, this could be the next piece of the puzzle 8) 8) 8)

Dayvan Cowboy
It's all there for me.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Eagle Minded
Yep, all back for me too. Thankfully I ninja screenshotted: https://ibb.co/QDDXWGt

I guess that confirms it was a bug, though. I wonder if my post actioned the fix? If so, swift work Warp devs!

Dayvan Cowboy
The brothers will release the next album as a NFT and go full Wu-Tang Clan by making it a single copy pressing.

Pharma Bro, we're all looking at you!

[Sarcasm=off]
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Eagle Minded

Someone tell Warp to fix this.
Last edited by Moloch on Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
Magrathea wrote:The brothers will release the next album as a NFT and go full Wu-Tang Clan by making it a single copy pressing.

Pharma Bro, we're all looking at you!

[Sarcasm=off]

Either that, or a full Noise album. MMW.

Friendly Stranger
Honestly I could use a Boards of Canada noise album right now...

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada