GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
This thread is impressive; we can transition from talking about Silent Hill and Arcade Fire to societal collapse and government sanctioned culling in a single post. I don't know if I find that fucking hilarious or fucking depressing.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Eagle Minded
im starting to think warp isnt gearing up for boc, but for a new aphex release instead
yes, i would love to be free!

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:This thread is impressive; we can transition from talking about Silent Hill and Arcade Fire to societal collapse and government sanctioned culling in a single post. I don't know if I find that fucking hilarious or fucking depressing.

Hilariously depressing. (If that's a thing.)

As for government culling, I doubt a "Belko Experiment" or something similar would ever happen. Can we can put the themes of the past few posts behind us and progress the conversation away from all that?

Eagle Minded
NorthSaturnian wrote:im starting to think warp isnt gearing up for boc, but for a new aphex release instead

Do you have any reasoning behind this? I'd love a new afx drop!
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded
Biznasty wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:im starting to think warp isnt gearing up for boc, but for a new aphex release instead

of course not
:cry:
warp is probably too busy signing new artists
but one can dream, right? :]

Eagle Minded
NorthSaturnian wrote:
Biznasty wrote:

of course not
:cry:
warp is probably too busy signing new artists
but one can dream, right? :]

Of course, my mistake.

It wouldn't be warp speculation if there was evidence or reason.

Personally, I think Warp are actually gearing up for a new [your favourite artist] release.

Posts Quantity
If a BOCSet is due next I wonder if sample clearance has been a major hold up, I know Avalanches follow up to since I left you took about 10 years to get clearance on a lot of the tracks, I think they had to physically put a letter into Paul McCartney's hand to get permission on the come together sample they used! I wonder what challenges BOC and Warp are facing that we'll never see

If other news nothing appears to be happening with Stargate, they've got their additional likes on IG so I bet they'll just sit on that for a while now :(

Eagle Minded
Biznasty wrote:Personally, I think Warp are actually gearing up for a new [your favourite artist] release.

[your favourite artist] hasn't been liking tweets though, so a new release is pretty much impossible
:lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:Personally, I think Warp are actually gearing up for a new [your favourite artist] release.

Woah! Back up there. [the flaming lips] moved to warp records?! Wayne Coyne and his major label antics. :wink:

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:

Woah! Back up there. [the flaming lips] moved to warp records?! Wayne Coyne and his major label antics. :wink:

warp are always trying to push boundaries. releasing an album from an artist they never signed? its actually genius and works well with the warp records philosophy

Dayvan Cowboy
NorthSaturnian wrote:

warp are always trying to push boundaries. releasing an album from an artist they never signed? its actually genius and works well with the warp records philosophy

The next BoC release will only be available on a USB in a edible gummy skull then.
https://pitchfork.com/the-flaming-lips-are-making-gummy-skulls-now

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:[The next BoC release will only be available on a USB in a edible gummy skull then.

how about this?

Dayvan Cowboy
NorthSaturnian wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:[The next BoC release will only be available on a USB in a edible gummy skull then.

how about this?Image

Bonus points to you for picking that specifically Hexagonal based delish.

Dayvan Cowboy

Personally, I am very interested in the new [Wall of Voodoo] album being released through Warp, particularly since one of its founding (and arguably most important) members has been dead for twenty years. :lol:
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:This thread is impressive; we can transition from talking about Silent Hill and Arcade Fire to societal collapse and government sanctioned culling in a single post. I don't know if I find that fucking hilarious or fucking depressing.

We are much like our heroes. They love their pop culture but also love sneaking in samples about FEMA camps into their music
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
I’m holding onto to the theory, that they are waiting for some sort of dates or numbers to line up. Something I don’t know what it is. I feel it is strongly tied to the Closed Captions in the Sheol Boundry video. Something about Christmas. Feel free to DM me I’ll be passing out complimentary tin foil hats. I believe

Edit: pioneer plaque. Astrology . Other things…. Fnord on a Tuesday

Posts Quantity
Twentington wrote:If a BOCSet is due next I wonder if sample clearance has been a major hold up, I know Avalanches follow up to since I left you took about 10 years to get clearance on a lot of the tracks, I think they had to physically put a letter into Paul McCartney's hand to get permission on the come together sample they used! I wonder what challenges BOC and Warp are facing that we'll never see

If other news nothing appears to be happening with Stargate, they've got their additional likes on IG so I bet they'll just sit on that for a while now :(

I'm not sure how sample clearance works exactly, but considering the Old Tunes songs are registered on multiple music repertory sites, I don't think that would be much of a hold up now.

Sherbet Head
rodox_head wrote:Personally, I am very interested in the new [Wall of Voodoo] album being released through Warp, particularly since one of its founding (and arguably most important) members has been dead for twenty years. :lol:

If you ask me Wall Of Voodoo lost their magic as soon as Stan and Joe left, they were the real heart and soul of the band lmao. At this point even on the off chance that Stan's interested in a reunion it wouldn't be the same since Joe and Marc are both dead. Oh well, at least my copies of Dark Continent and Call Of The West are still there for me to go back to regularly!

(also Stan's solo stuff is pretty good, I've got a couple albums of his and quite enjoy them [especially "Partyball"])
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded

Wow I love the more old-school twoism style. When did we decide to modernize? :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada