GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
luminousdusk wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:BoC on BBC Radio 3 within the next 25 mins

It was Zeotrope, With birds singing mixed on top. Nothing spectacular but first time hearing them on BBC Radio 3, Not that I listen often

Anyone grab a snippet? I wanna hear them birds

Dayvan Cowboy
luminousdusk wrote:

It was Zeotrope, With birds singing mixed on top. Nothing spectacular but first time hearing them on BBC Radio 3, Not that I listen often

I'm more a 4Extra and 6Music kind man but I heard em on Radio 3 once before, late night also about this time. They started a program off with Peacock Tail I think...

Sherbet Head
steeldancer-x wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:

Anyone grab a snippet? I wanna hear them birds

I would have but have no way to record currently. Need a new tape deck. The birds singing seemed to be mixed over all the tracks featured in the half hour show so wasn't BoC specific

Just found the link to listen again, think it was about 15 mins into the show

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001lpl0

You might not be able to listen if your not in the UK but if you use a vpn just set it to UK and see if it works
Last edited by luminousdusk on Thu May 18, 2023 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sherbet Head
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:

I'm more a 4Extra and 6Music kind man but I heard em on Radio 3 once before, late night also about this time. They started a program off with Peacock Tail I think...

Nice. Shame Radio 6 isn't on FM

Posts Quantity
this is probably off-topic, but the two interludes on Kesha’s new album give me MAJOR BoC vibes (Ram Dass Interlude and Only Love Reprise). funny considering she considered Boards of Canada an influence according to her MySpace in the 2000s

Dayvan Cowboy
babylulu wrote:this is probably off-topic, but the two interludes on Kesha’s new album give me MAJOR BoC vibes (Ram Dass Interlude and Only Love Reprise). funny considering she considered Boards of Canada an influence according to her MySpace in the 2000s

she ate the acid

Posts Quantity
you must be upgraded
"R-Worded"

Eagle Minded

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:Image

YES

Eagle Minded
IN THE TIME OF GEMINI

In the time of Gemini we have seen many hardships. Though the light shall prevail....... Many anniversaries are upon us and we have many things to be grateful for. We should be lucky that we all found this band and in turn found this community.
Lets breathe joy and and positivity into this forum, Facebook, reddit, discord etc etc etc

The anniversaries are as followed :

An amazing record and of course you remember this,

Now after you look at that, look at the bottom of Twoisms front page and ask your self "hey wasn't Twoism involved in the ARG for tomorrows harvest... now how the hell did it get up to 1038 visitors on September 30th?"

Next we have the lovely, the brilliant almost prophesizing Tomorrows Harvest... Ten challenging years later and not because of the absents of the band, infact they definitely blessed us over the years with some beautiful music.. but rather the trials and tribulations of life ........ a bit bittersweet sometimes. Some of our loved ones will hear the new album.. but maybe from another place and sadly not by our sides at a live stream or a listening party.

Bless the bros for that last one.

And of lastly the Raiders of The Lost ARG.

FEAR NOT OF THESE SICK TIMES POSITIVITY WILL PREVAIL! FOLLOW THE LIGHT!

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:IN THE TIME OF GEMINI

In the time of Gemini we have seen many hardships. Though the light shall prevail....... Many anniversaries are upon us and we have many things to be grateful for. We should be lucky that we all found this band and in turn found this community.
Lets breathe joy and and positivity into this forum, Facebook, reddit, discord etc etc etc

The anniversaries are as followed :

An amazing record and of course you remember this,

Now after you look at that, look at the bottom of Twoisms front page and ask your self "hey wasn't Twoism involved in the ARG for tomorrows harvest... now how the hell did it get up to 1038 visitors on September 30th?"

Next we have the lovely, the brilliant almost prophesizing Tomorrows Harvest... Ten challenging years later and not because of the absents of the band, infact they definitely blessed us over the years with some beautiful music.. but rather the trials and tribulations of life ........ a bit bittersweet sometimes. Some of our loved ones will hear the new album.. but maybe from another place and sadly not by our sides at a live stream or a listening party.

Bless the bros for that last one.

And of lastly the Raiders of The Lost ARG.

FEAR NOT OF THESE SICK TIMES POSITIVITY WILL PREVAIL! FOLLOW THE LIGHT!

Ah a fantastic Mr. hexagon fox post. I missed these. I love how Whitney Houston and Indiana Jones are now part of BOC lore. I'd really love an explanation for all this weird shit but much like New Clear Dawn, it's merely BOC laying out some red herrings on the trail to the prize.

There probably won't be anything interesting on the TH anniversary but I would really love that to be false. I was pretty hyped for the Hi Scores thing but it seemed to be another dead end. Wonder how many more stops there are until we reach the lost arc!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Here is another glimmer of hope for the fanbase out there. The newcomers, the ones watching from afar and the OGs out there from the beginning.

not that long ago.... I can't help but think of this song from SXT
that also came out during the time of Gemini

phpBB [media]

"just to let them know"

"Give it a bit longer"

I will also add when I messaged Hell interface I messaged them on April 5th 2022 @ 2:11 pm which is the launch date & time of pioneer 11.

Now I did this with a close friend.
at the same time.

And his still reads April 5th......... and mine somehow reads 7/23/22 as the send date.

Is this possible?
Could I have a Facebook setting wrong?

If anyone isn't following id be happy to explain <3 cheers

Eagle Minded
What do you think the possible implications are?

Eagle Minded
Davism wrote:What do you think the possible implications are?

Im really not sure.. and I feel silly to keep returning to this.

but if the hunt was over then they would have removed the Pioneer plaque on both

https://www.youtube.com/@hellinterface

https://hellinterface.bandcamp.com/community

They have always been intentional

Sherbet Head
You reckon if something were to be discovered, They would remove the plaques?

Eagle Minded
luminousdusk wrote:You reckon if something were to be discovered, They would remove the plaques?

Only because of the deletion of Sheol, Mastadon and whatever others we lost. I think we should ask our selves why on all these topics.

Neil Krug Remebers RFTD on instagram stories today he's posting as we speak:
https://www.instagram.com/neilkrug/

Just an article about the shoot as well as a photo diary some of lake Delores

That video. is still up as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY3ByVGxmQk

10 years here we go!!!

Dayvan Cowboy
I really hope someone writes a retrospective on Tomorrow's Harvest like they did for Random Access Memories and mbv.

For an album that was confusing in the summer of 2013 when we were told to "stay up all night and get lucky" BOC issued us a bucket of ice water about the future. By the end of the decade, our party time would be over and we'd have to get back to thinking about the next stage ahead of us.

I still don't know what Tomorrow's Harvest refers to (and many people have suggestions) but I think it just embodies the general malaise and discontent we are feeling now.

This album has aged marvelously and it could've been released yesterday. It makes a lot better sense now.

I think we are at the phase where we are trying to get comfortable in our skin again (at least I'm trying after all this bullshit) and I think a new BOC release might ease the pain a little. Fingers crossed it will be soon.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
err...

A new project aims to help prepare humanity for the day — should it ever come — that we make contact with intelligent aliens.

At 3 p.m. EDT (1900 GMT) on Wednesday (May 24), Europe's Trace Gas Orbiter (TGO) Mars probe will send a coded message that will be received by three big radio telescopes here on Earth.

Scientists around the world — and interested members of the public — will then attempt to decode the missive, as part of an ambitious, multiweek project called A Sign in Space.

Just sayin'

https://asignin.space/the-message/
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Dayvan Cowboy

Eagle Minded
I am going to be floored if nothing happens this summer.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada