GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Fake news!

Dayvan Cowboy
Don't give Geogandhi any ideas

Dayvan Cowboy
dp wrote:Don't give Geogandhi any ideas

It would take hell of a lot of time and effort to invent a BOC album so don't worry. Maybe 7 and a half plus years :wink:
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
EVERYONE, I just got an email from a friend of a friend of a friend who lives in scotland, it contained this link... I have no idea what this means but MAYBE a new album is coming !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDCLgTti7xk

Sherbet Head
Haha, yeah, I really can't be arsed with anything else, I had no intention of even doing the last one to that degree, hence it being shit.
But like I said earlier on in the thread, I do plan on trying to make a legit sounding track from an album at some point, as a project just for the sake of arguments. But whenever that will be, i'll post it with the intention of being just that, no mystique.
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
PerniciousKnid wrote:A lot has happened since Tomorrow’s Harvest.

A lot has happened globally, a lot has happened in 2020 alone - as well, a lot has happened to each of us as individuals and members of the human race. We have all grown older and (hopefully) wiser in the past seven years.

I, for example, have had two children since Tomorrow’s Harvest. I’m a totally different person than I was before that life altering change. I’m different in my actions, in my mindset, the people who I associate with. My music tastes are vastly different - as I now prefer Miles Davis or Erik Satie over Aphex Twin or Nine Inch Nails.

I would imagine something similar has happened to BoC and to many of us. The brothers have grown older, their tastes have presumably changed - perhaps along with their beliefs, perspective and outlooks may have changed a lot as well.

2020 was a strange year for all of us - and a time for many - to make sure those around you were safe. I don’t imagine the brothers would put their music before their immediate family. I imagine like the rest of the world their lives and work were put on “pause”. No matter how many fans are waiting and for how long - none of that probably mattered over health and safety to many during 2020.

I think the past is inside the present in a lot of their work. I speculate that BoC will not be so blatant as to release any Hell Interface music. I believe they are more subtitle than that and are artistic to look back so blatantly. A good artist only looks back for reference and knowledge - there is a much better chance we hear something in the way of how R35TT B10 and The Smallest Weird Number relate to each other. I think it’s been stated BoC that looks back inside their own unreleased work for ideas to improve upon or sounds to manipulate and reuse.

Perhaps, the Pioneer plaque was (as someone else more eloquently said) was just a hello - telling everyone we survived the hell that has been 2020, were still here and now we’re beginning to focus back on the music.

Perhaps, just as 9/11/2001 effected Geogaddi release for another year until 02/19/2003. Perhaps 2020 has to soak in for a moment - and will play a role (big or small) in their 5th project?

Perhaps it will take them another 1-2 years to ponder it all and for them to flesh out and incorporate into new work?

Hopeful - but not holding my breath. Excited for the moment we all hear something officially new! Until then it’s “Nothing is Real” on repeat for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vastly underrated post and I want to add that this is definitely the right stance to take on the matter. The plaque most likely is an expression of good will towards the fans that they're still alive and working again. It kind of reminds me of Sometimes where that motherly woman asks "you okay?"

As I've said before, I'm just happy there are signs of life. I don't mind waiting. I understand the frustration towards them, but I've listened to so many new artists this year in quarantine and had great musical adventures in the mean time. Hell, I even revisited BOC after the plaque appeared and they're still my favorite artist after all this time! Everything just comes together so perfectly in their 1995-2006 hey day, very few duff tracks.

Dayvan Cowboy
The wild thing is I was planning on doing the whole stealth release an album via a series of videos thing just because I like the aesthetics of that way of presenting the music but there's no way i can do that now. The unlikeliest stuff gets the 'is this BoC' treatment and when it's found out it's not, it's career sinking because people assume you're trying to cash in on the ambiguity.

Maybe if I put a big banner on the videos explicitly saying "this is not boards of Canada" lol

'Only the true Messiah denies their divinity'

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Echelon wrote:

It would take hell of a lot of time and effort to invent a BOC album so don't worry. Maybe 7 and a half plus years :wink:

Given time, an infinite amount of monkeys with an infinite amount of SH101s would get a bit close.

Sherbet Head
I drew a turquoise hexagon on a piece of paper and stared at it for exactly 70 minutes, eventually it started speaking back to me! The hexagon said that the next release from the Sandison brothers will be a Hell Interface remix of this:
phpBB [media]

Clearly a hexagon wouldn't have any reason to lie, so it must be true!
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
PerniciousKnid wrote:For those who may be interested - there is a new Prohibited Broadcasting video.

Really interesting soundscape and a lot of audio and visual things happening inside of the 2:22.

https://youtu.be/_8vtnU8FJzA

So hard to keep up.... was Prohibited Broadcasting a confirmed "fake", or is it still technically up in the air?

Eagle Minded
I think that one is still up in the air

Dayvan Cowboy
I think as of now, the only thing I'm interested in are the Skam Broadcasts since BOC are actually on that label. They're probably nothing too, but eh, the space stuff at the end made me want to tune in next week and see what's up.

Looking forward to that and if it is nothing, I'm going to enjoy hours of great music. Win/Win situation! :D

Posts Quantity
Still up in the air. Nobody has taken credit for Prohibited Broadcasting. No comments, replies or anything.

Prohibited Broadcasting is different in the weird metadata in the source info for each video - such as pictured below.

Posts Quantity
Anybody with more technology knowledge know why Boards of Canada Oirectine from twoism would appear in the metadata of Prohibited Broadcasting YouTube video?

Eagle Minded

Feckin cool avatar mate.

Eagle Minded
PerniciousKnid wrote:Anybody with more technology knowledge know why Boards of Canada Oirectine from twoism would appear in the metadata of Prohibited Broadcasting YouTube video?

I know you can set tags for videos on YouTube. This is likely a fake, using BoC keywords to expand the reach.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Posts Quantity
drixlin wrote:
PerniciousKnid wrote:Anybody with more technology knowledge know why Boards of Canada Oirectine from twoism would appear in the metadata of Prohibited Broadcasting YouTube video?

I know you can set tags for videos on YouTube. This is likely a fake, using BoC keywords to expand the reach.
I thought these were the search tags?Image

Eagle Minded
What's after the "13 hours ago 5 minutes, " in the meta data screenshot? (Likely on the next line)
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Friendly Stranger
PerniciousKnid wrote:
drixlin wrote:

I thought these were the search tags?Image

It seems that the tags have been changed now:

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada