GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
At this point they're either planning something huge or Warp's queue is the longest it's ever been.
Fly!

Dayvan Cowboy
It should be something for 22.02.2022, can't imagine they would jump over this date, considering it is also 20th year anniversary of Geogaddi. Going small, like limited lithographs also would be too weird. I would say this, if nothing happens on February, I mean some sort an official word of confirmation, that means BOC are too quiet for they own good. And that's also an option.

Eagle Minded
I thought we were finally off the numerology train... No way it's going to be a specific date for the drop. Pioneer 50th anniversary or '2's day' next year are both fun dates but no way boc are gonna use 'em. I'll gladly be proven wrong though.

My assumption still says they're waiting for the record backlog and/or are waiting for the perfect release window.

Its unlikely but possible that they're waiting for something to happen, though. Maybe if we finish IDing the SXT tracks they'll drop the new LP! /s (If that's true that's honestly stupid lmao)
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded
Is there any chance BOC will do the soundtrack for The Flight of the Navigator reboot?

And if there is a finished album already, when would they be doing press or interviews? Would they have already done them, and if so, with who?

I would like to read an interview with Fine Woodworking magazine and some construction journals on their studios. I am far more interested in whether or not they had a physical hand in building them (I'm sure they did) and the building techniques they used than what's inside. I read that their father was in construction so it goes without saying that they have skills themselves.

Dayvan Cowboy
Twentington wrote:At least mikes super official YouTube page is keeping me happy in these updateless times

https://youtube.com/channel/UCbjmHxO0CAvm1iUKEOrsEmg

Just to say that YouTube channel you linked uploaded a short video a few days ago which can be found here.
phpBB [media]

Anyhow there's binary in the description which I translated using a website into the words "THEY ARE WATCHING"
Keep in mind though that I think that this funny account is owned by the same guy that made all those troll-ish posts on BoC reddit and r/aphextwin a couple of days ago.

Trolls eh? :| Or it is the official account of mike? :wink:
Spoiler: show
Nope!
Last edited by Orbited insanitarium on Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity
Lol. I saw some users pretty upset with that person. I thought their posts were hilarious.

Eagle Minded
they're going to drop the new album when they reach 50k twitter followers
yes, i would love to be free!

Eagle Minded
Quick! Everybody post as many comments as you can!

I'd like to renew my question of whether we'll hit 1000 pages before the next release. Thoughts?

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Twentington wrote:At least mikes super official YouTube page is keeping me happy in these updateless times

Just to say that YouTube channel you linked uploaded a short video a few days ago which can be found here.
phpBB [media]

Anyhow there's binary in the description which I translated using a website into the words "THEY ARE WATCHING"
Keep in mind though that I think that this funny account is owned by the same guy that made all those troll-ish posts on BoC reddit and r/aphextwin a couple of days ago.

Nope!

dont mind this post lol. the delete post option should last longer :?
yes, i would love to be free!

Posts Quantity
Is @marcuseoin on twitter really Marcus? He seems like the most reclusive one, so he seems like the guy to not have one. Is it possible you guys are just following a random dude, also named Marcus Eoin?
Fly!

Eagle Minded
sandrail wrote:Is @marcuseoin on twitter really Marcus? He seems like the most reclusive one, so he seems like the guy to not have one. Is it possible you guys are just following a random dude, also named Marcus Eoin?

It could be, but it wasn't always white like that. I don't remember what the pictures were before but if I recall correctly, it changed to white a few days after it was 'discovered' and a bunch of people followed it...

it also kind of falls in line with all of their websites being just black.

i don't think it's a clue or anything though.

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:
it also kind of falls in line with all of their websites being just black.

I've always thought those websites being fully black were an attempt to foster the whole mysterious vibe. The whole, "There's secret stuff going on here, but you can't see it" kind of bit.

I've long since disregarded them, and I'm waiting for them to put up a real website like MDG said in 2015.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
I still don't completely trust the marcuseoin and michaelsandison accounts considering they aren't followed by boctransmission nor warp's twitter
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Sherbet Head
Mike and Marcus have lives and day jobs we've been politely asked to not talk about for which they might want or need to have Twitter accounts. We know more about them than we can talk about. Also, companies often ask artists to squat on social media to prevent imposters pretending to be them. Just saying.

Dayvan Cowboy
Some things written on their twitter account felt genuine. So I believe it is real.

Eagle Minded
The Sweet Bird lyrics were pretty on point.

Dayvan Cowboy
Navaru wrote:The Sweet Bird lyrics were pretty on point.

Remember BOC listed "Why The West Rules For Now" as one of the books they were reading. I think they don't like the way we're headed as a society. I won't put any words in their mouth, but the quote speaks for itself.

If we get one more BOC release, it may be the last time we hear from them. Then it's off to Antarctica or Mars.

Sick Times: "...thank you. Bye."
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:
Navaru wrote:The Sweet Bird lyrics were pretty on point.

Remember BOC listed "Why The West Rules For Now" as one of the books they were reading. I think they don't like the way we're headed as a society. I won't put any words in their mouth, but the quote speaks for itself.

If we get one more BOC release, it may be the last time we hear from them. Then it's off to Antarctica or Mars.

Sick Times: "...thank you. Bye."

Do you think Scots and Russians could be friends, considering Scotland gave up their freedom long time ago to something you may know now as spiderweb of Western civilisation?

Posts Quantity
Orbited insanitarium wrote:

phpBB [media]

Nope!

I'm getting much enjoyment out of this channel as I've said, I'm in fantasy land at the moment, I think Marcus and Mike are trolling us on a grand scale (front line net observation research)

some of the uploads on that channel are gold, some of the commenting accounts look to be equally hilarious

https://youtube.com/channel/UCVdlHSD_r0L5kkCzTLlEvRQ

I have no evidence to support this other than the uurrgh video with Whitney Houston, but I wouldnt be surprised if the bros have trolled us with fakes and nonsense a lot over the last decade, and fair play to them, we get obsessive about them and borderline probe their privacy and they get to warp our minds with amazing looking fake cassette sleeves, poorly edited memes and a bunch of dud YouTube channels that drive the fans crazy

Take this post with a pinch of salt anyway, I know I'm living in fantasy land over here drinking my boc slurpy juice remixes, I've got to keep entertained somehow until something serious comes into the light

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada